Old 06-15-2009, 08:56 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default Friends and Losers June 14-June 20

No one here yet huh?

Well I think I finally got the motivation and kick in the pants I need to lose this weight!

I got engaged on Friday night!! We plan to get married May 22 so I figure I need to lose as much as I can before dress shopping December/January.

Weight Watchers is going good so far...I counted points and realized how mcuh more I was eating than I thought...and I actually dropped weight over the weekend...a first for me I thinK!

I took a break from the 30 day challenge over the weekend...I figured I'd give my ankle a couple days to rest and it would get better and I could get back to the program Monday...well it is Monday and my ankle has not gotten better, only worse. I think I need to go to the hospital today and get it checked....the pain is just radiating up my leg now and was waking me up all night...hopefully it's nothing serious and we can get all healed up and back on track!
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Good monday morning to Kristin and everyone else yet to come. I did meet my Birthday goal on Saturday a loss of 1.8 pounds. I am at my half way point of my original goal of loosing 60 pounds. I of course need to loose more than 60 but I am concentratng on 60 for now and just getting under 200. I did get measured on Saturday and I have lost a total of 16 1/2 inches well really closer to 22 because they only count one thigh which is strange because I lost inches in both and actually a 1/2 inch more in my right thigh, odd but I will take what I can get. The funny thing is that I wear only one size smaller in jeans. Shirts/skirts/dress are about 2 sizes smaller at most stores. I suppose I just thought I would be a smaller size by now. Oh well I am more than happy that I am loosing and keeing it off and just can not wait to loose more adn be able to wear everything in my closet. I am stepping up the exercise this week and hopefully that will help. I walked/jogged for 45 minutes last night pushing a stroller.

KristinX- I hope it is nothing serious with your ankle. Congrats on your weightloss over the weekend and on your engagement!!!

Hope everyone has a great week!!!!

Last edited by sweetandspicy; 06-17-2009 at 09:01 AM.
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:38 AM   #3  
Amy

Kristin- CONGRATS!!!!!!!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:46 AM   #4  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

congrats kristin! how exciting! hope you get your ankle looked at and taken care of.

amym--congrats on your loss! awesome inches loss too!

hi amyVA!

my weekend was good. onto another week.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:23 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Kristin - Congratulations! How exciting!!!

AmyM - wierd thing about weightloss - sizes don't always change at the times you think they will... there was a period of of time there that I was not losing, but it was like my body was catching up with the numbers and I went down a size - this actually happened twice during my weightloss. Just keep trying the stuff on, its motivational when different sizes start fitting! Also, it helped me alot to get rid of the bigger stuff, I did this pretty often and am now more motivated by the fact that if I gain I won't have clothes to wear.

Last week was pretty calm for me, no activities with the kids, no running around like a crazy person... this week it all starts again, I have back to back swim lessons for the little ones right after work!!! I think I'm gonna try that 5 hour energy stuff! Has anyone tried it?
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:32 AM   #6  
WonderWoman

hey amyVA...do you wanna start an exercise challenge?

I just got on my elliptical for the first time since Aug when I got pregnant. it felt great! DH and I are gonna start up our workout challenge again too.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:47 AM   #7  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Congrats Kristin!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:25 AM   #8  
Liza - LAWL since 6/17/07

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations Kristin! You're going to look beautiful at your wedding!

Also congrats Amy M. Two sizes down is a big difference!

I'm still struggling with the same 5 lbs since the start of this. Worked my tail off all weekend. Saturday we went to the Getty Villa Museum and did a lot of walking. Not enough up all of the stairs, I'm ashamed to admit I took the elevator. Usually I'm all over a chance to get some extra exercise in. Yesterday was cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, etc. These weekends need to be longer darnit.

Good morning everyone... here's to a POP week!
lizababe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:49 AM   #9  
LAWL Salt Police

Morning ladies!

Congrats Kristin!!! Very cool indeed!

Well, the kids are off spending a week at camp, so Liz and I will have to be careful not to stray too far off the diet path without them around.

Tomorrow (Tuesday) is our 14th anniversary... So we'll we doing something nice for dinner.. Not sure what it will be yet, but we'll try to keep it healthy!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:51 AM   #10  
Amy

Hey guys!

Jillian- Iam totally on board. I actually just commented about that on FB! What do you think? I am up for anything. I gained back the 3 lb loss as this past weekend was horrible. There was family in town and let me say a LOT of eatting out. And not appropriately. I am so excited we can be doing this together!

Hello to everyone!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:33 PM   #11  
WonderWoman

ok, so i'm gonna commit to doing 3 days on the elliptical this week and 2 days of weights/ab work.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:41 PM   #12  
WonderWoman

oh..and where has nicole been? and amylou, and who else am i forgetting? there's tons of us that aren't showing! what's up with that?
Old 06-15-2009, 01:53 PM   #13  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Congratulations Kristin!

Aghhh, it's Monday and it's so nice out that I shouldn't be at work!! Oh well, I did have a good weekend. It just went too quick. I have a week of holidays in July and I can't wait. I am in need of away time from the office.

Well just thought I would check in and say hello to everyone....HELLO!
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:27 PM   #14  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Jillian I am so up for a workout Challenge! I just signed up for a boot camp at my gym. It starts 07/06 through 08/06 every Tues and Thurs from 5:30 to 6:30am. Whoo! Crazy early but I am super pumped!

Congrats KRISTEN!!!! Soo jealous! HA!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:10 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Kristin, how exciting about the engagement! I hope the ankle is nothing serious.

AmyM, I found that the smaller the size, the less difference between sizes, so the next size you will not need to drop as much weight or inches.

Cecil, I was thinking just this morning that I need to up the exercise to feel good about wearing summer clothes. I don't exactly have Michelle Obama arms.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote