Day 5 and I feel very successful!

• I've lost four pounds since Monday. Since I started at 144.4, I think it's great! I was on a plateau for the longest time!
  • Just my 2 cents!
    I just wanted to give you my input on plateaus. When you reach a plateau the only way to get out of it is to down your calorie intake or increase the exercise. A plateau just means that your body if comfortable at maintaining the weight at whatever your are eating or exercising at the moment. So you either have to decrease your calories, or increase the exercise to burn more calories. I will give you my own personal example:

When I was 210 lbs I ate 1800 calories/day until I got to about 180, then I hit a plateau so I decreased my calories to 1600/day until I got to 160 then I hit another plateau so I decreased to 1400/day which is what I'm currently consuming and I'm at 154. Whenever I hit my next plateau I will down it to 1200/day which is my limit and I should be able to lose the rest to my goal weight.

Note: you should never eat less than 1200cal/day no matter what otherwise your metabolism slows down. But like a said, a plateau just means you need to start eating less because your body doesn't need that much food to burn.

Hope this helps you.
  • Thanks, Raquel! I was calorie counting but started Fat Smash on Monday to try to shake things up, and it's working, apparently. I think my body became way too accustomed to the same diet day in, day out for months. I don't know how many calories I consume on the detox phase of Fat Smash, but I am guessing it isn't much more than 12 or 1300.
  • 5-5-5-5-5
    There must be something about the number 5!!!!
    Hey all! Today is my day 5 of the fat smash and I feel really good. Surprisingly I might add because I didnt even think I was going to make it this long. Yesteraday I wasnt even thinking about oh its time to eat again, my body is naturally starting to tell me that and its getting more comfortable. crazy! I haven't weighted myself, but by the fit of my pants, I think I lost a couple maybe more. I was trying to be good and not weight myself until day 10, but, I'm curious now!

Anyway, keep up the good work.

Take care and God Bless
    ~suga
  • Glad this FS forum is still active, even if it is slow! I can't say enough good things about Fat Smash; it sure helped me get going again.
  • Raqueluz, I understand exactly what you are saying, the less you weigh, the less calories your body needs. I know when I'm at my thinnest, 133 lbs, it's so hard getting rid of these last 15 lbs, which is why I'm doing this Smashfat. Of course, I just started seriously this morning. On a Friday??? Anyhow, I am tired of feeling ugh...and I've read so many of you have much more energy since being on this smashfat.
    I have to move it more and sweat.
  • With only five pounds to go, weight loss is painfully slow for me now. I just put my stats into Sparkpeople, and my calorie count to lose weight should only be 1200 - 1500 calories, which is very low and hard to do. It's also partly my age, I think...I am over 50, and metabolism tends to slow down at midlife.