Old 06-12-2009, 09:45 AM   #46  
LAWL Salt Police

Morning ladies!

Here's hoping y'all have a great day and a great weekend to boot!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:13 AM   #47  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

morning all.
so i caved and finally put a ticker up. i'm not happy about it, but i figured it was inevitable. i'm starting it with my weight as of monday when i "officially" started back on plan. or maybe i should start my ticker from my weight as of when i delivered baby X? at any rate as of monday i've lost about 5lbs. it's a start. and i've been staying POP, so it's good. kinda sucks, but i'll keep at it. it's just a change, from eating whatever i want, to being all strict and structured again. i'll get used to it and back into a routine again.

be back later! hope everyone has a good day!

Last edited by JLem311; 06-12-2009 at 10:17 AM.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:02 AM   #48  
Amy

Morning!

Jillian- I had to update mine too, and it definitely sucks! But hey, you're already on the way! We have similar stats, we should set mini goals. I have yet to start exercising too, so we're very similar!

Hey Dan!

Kristin- hang in there chickadee! If WW works for you, DO IT! With all your exercising, you'll lose in no time! Plus, get TONS of activity points!!

I am making my bread finally today. I have wanted to make bread for a while and have been afraid. I talked to my mom about it who makes bread ALL the time, and I have a recipe from Food Network that's called Brother's Bread. It's real simple, and I can't wait to make it!

My nephew graduated from 5th grade and we're all going to this huge water park tomorrow. I conquered the bathing suit fear just in time for TOM. So, we'll see what happens! My DH is more self conscious than I am, so maybe we'll go shopping or something!

I have been thinking recently about my weight problem. While I was home in NJ with my mom (and hearing about her lumps) we had a serious talk. I realized that all I do is OBSESS about my weight. Al I think about is losing weight, but I don't do it. As soon as I am OP, I start losing. I just need to stick with it and start exercising. I am tired of this weight!!! Who's with me?!?!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:23 AM   #49  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Thanks Barbara for the advice! Actually it was my daughters dance recital last night and everyone kept telling me how good I looked. I didn't know if maybe I am doing better than I think or if it was just all the black i was wearing.hehe It really is hard for me to stay on the plan lately but every time I fall down, I get back up. Tonight I am getting together with girlfriends for dinner so I need to stay on track as I know I will have a few glasses of wine.

Julie- Yes! We can party in Mexico once it's ready. It will sleep some of us!! Huatulco...here we come!

Jillian- Xanthia is so dam cute! Thanks for sharing the photo's.

Well have a good weekend everyone!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:31 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Good Friday Morning to you all!!! I am so so happy it is almost the weekend!!! It is suppose to rain but at least I can get some sleep.

i have no doubt absolutely irritated everyone I work with. Tomorrow is my B-day and they are not sure what to do for me. I explained of course no cake, then they wanted to take me to lunch, I declined because I brought my lunch and there are not any healthish places near here. I told everyone all of this yesterday and said fruit would be fine or nothing at all. It is funny how people just wont let somethings go. I finally said get a cake and you all can eat it. I tried to explain that along with my lifestyle change I have made every effort not to reward or treat myself with food. That is a very bad habit that I got with my family that everytime something great happens bring out the chocolate cake. I suppose I am being difficult but you would think for one day my wishes could be respected.

Jillian-I have heard that it takes 40 days to establish a habit however i do not believe it takes that long. Everyones bodies and minds are so different it would be impossible to guess how much time it takes to do anything. I think that it is wonderful that you have gone 5 days on plan and already lost 5 pounds. You seem to be determined and you have done this before so you know you can do it. BabyX's pictures are so precious. she has a great smile.

Amy- I think most of us constantly think about loosing weight. I think it is like an Angel/Devil situation. The angel part is the part of you that knows what you need to do and tries to do it but that little devil is always sitting there trying to shove oreos in your mouth and will always be there as a temptation we just have to figure out how to focus on the loosing not the oreos.

Dan- Hello have a great weekend.

Cecil- they do have WW on line and I bet you could search to forums on here and get some info on how to get started a lot of foods actually ahve the points info right on it.

KristinX- The inches will come off. I am sorry you got hurt but you have done so well with you exercise don't give up!!! what I read is that Although muscle and fat weighs the same. Muscle is much more compact and efficent in your body. Even though you can not see the muscles you are building they are there under a layer of fat and when the fat converts to muscle it actually burns more calories. now I am no expert just sharing info. So keep up the good work the results will show!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Last edited by sweetandspicy; 06-12-2009 at 11:31 AM.
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:46 PM   #51  

Height: 5'6

The muscles are definitely showing! I've always been one to gain muscle quite easy....I most notice it in my calves, butt and arms....so yeah the exercise is doing something! Maybe I'm not eating enough for my new muscles to keep burning? haha I doubt it but a nice thought....I may take a few days off the exercise or modify it to give my ankle a rest...it just keeps getting worse....swollen and bruised on the inside...I really did not want to give up this challenge but I dunno....I don't want to do more damage...I'm torn!
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:18 PM   #52  
WonderWoman

kristin--i'd take a break from exercising if i were you. i know you really wanna stick it out and finish your 30days, but, you don't want to further injury yourself and then have it be even longer before you can fully get back into your workout routine. just my opinion.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:19 PM   #53  
WonderWoman

oh and i'm envious of your ability to gain muscle in your arms so easily..mine are ginormous batwing arms. they are so disproportionate to everything else on my body! ick!
Old 06-12-2009, 03:38 PM   #54  

Height: 5'6

Well I still have the big arms...I gain muscle but can't seem to lose the fat....it takes forever for them to get smaller!
I did my workout today but I hate to skip a couple exercises because they hurt too much...tomorrow is a rest day for the challenge so I will see how I feel Sunday....

Started counting points today...gonna start off using my exercise points and most of the flex points and see how it goes...I don't wanna eat too little and have the weight loss grind to a halt...if that doesn't work I'll stop eating the activity points...and adjust from there
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:40 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Kristin, Actually it is extremely common to gain a few pounds when you up the exercise, so focus on the positive changes you are seeing, the long term prognosis. I'd give it a rest for a day or two. You might see your weight drop a couple of pounds if you do that also. Really exercise is FANTASTIC for weight maintenance, but you it is not always something that is going to make the scale immediately start dropping quickly.

Here is something that Jillian Michaels sent in her daily e-mail

FRIDAY: FEELING GOOD

How to Take Off Those Last 10 Pounds
You know what I like to call those last 10 or 15 pounds that won't come off no matter what you do? Vanity pounds.
The term describes our desire to lose weight that, as far as our bodies are concerned, actually feels healthy. Today's society pressures us to want to look a certain way, so for aesthetic reasons we try to be thinner than our bodies want us to be. Personally, I have gained and lost the same 8 vanity pounds more times than I care to admit.

Losing your first 50 pounds might have been tough, but believe me, dropping those final few stubborn pounds is a whole different challenge. The body struggles to hold on to that last bit of fat for survival purposes.

Now, don't get me wrong — you can lose the weight if you want to, but it will require you to muster a tremendous amount of restraint and willpower. If you're really up for it, do the following for 30 days:

Cut your sodium to 1,000 mg a day.
Drink at least 80 ounces of water daily.
Cut out processed foods.
Abstain from alcohol.
Train at 85 percent of your MHR (maximum heart rate) for 1 hour 5 times a week.
You can do a lot in 30 days — in fact, I can pretty much guarantee you will lose at least 5 pounds. And you'll feel like a rock star!

I think my struggle to stay at 160 is a fight with those stupid vanity pounds... I know it doesn't sound like it should be as 160 is not a small number, but if I'm in shape it is below 20% body fat and that is just hard to stay at that level unless I'm always moving.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:59 PM   #56  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLem311 View Post
oh and i'm envious of your ability to gain muscle in your arms so easily..mine are ginormous batwing arms. they are so disproportionate to everything else on my body! ick!
me too
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote