Old 06-02-2009, 04:39 AM   #1  

Height: 6"1"

Default 6 Week Body Makeover

Has anyone tried the 6 week body makeover? I have heard some good reviews online, but wanted to check here first. I think these places pay people to write great comments online, so I am hesitant to trust them.

So, has this worked for anyone? I did a search and couldn't find this in another thread. If there is one that I am not seeing, please point me in the right direction.
Sockerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:07 AM   #2  
live, laugh, love

S/C/G: 265/202/160

Height: 5'5

Good morning!

I havnt heard of the 6 week body make over..im currnetly doing a online body makeover..its called online weightloss wars..basically we go on line to get our daily exercises, and every two weeks we have to submit our weight, mesuments, and photo...its great for support, there is a blog for us, and the person running it, is amazing...she runs alot of diffrent fitness groups. The one im doing right now is for twelve weeks, and the inches are coming off..so far in 9 weeks ive lost twenty three inchs..and thats with a leg injury(she even motified my exercises for my leg injury) but i didnt do them. I took the time off instead. And the best thing about is, you dont need any fancy equipment, and at the end whoever loses the most weight percentage wins 500.00. im noit sure if i can put the information link up, but if you want her information..pm me and i will give it to you...its a amazing program..

ang
canadianangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:08 AM   #3  
Lo-Carbin'

S/C/G: 197/See Ticker!/150

Height: 5'7

I was suckered for the 6 week body makeover. All it really is is eating MINISCULE meals every 3 hours. Depending on how you're "classified" you might be told to avoid certain foods. I was allowed 2oz of chicken or 1 egg white, plus a handful of veggies or half of one fruit. Too little food! I never did get into the exercise portion of the plan, eating those tiny meals I could not get the energy up to do so.

I think it's a really extreme plan, maybe it works for some but I put me into instant starvation mode.
sawa1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:16 AM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

DH and I did it a few years ago. We both dropped a good deal of weight, but it was a huge pain in the rear. We ended up being different types, so I was preparing 6 very different meals and 6 very different snacks - every day. I didn't find it to be too little food, but rather too much work.
bacilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:05 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/???/149

Height: 5'4"

The program was so expensive, and I only lasted 5 days. As others have said, you eat 6 small meals a day. The main issue is all the prep work that's required... They tell you to prepare a large amount ahead of time, then break it into meals, but you end up eating the same things for days on end. The big downfall for me was that my body type couldn't eat cheese (I don't usually eat alot of cheese anyway) but by Friday I was in a bad mood, had bad headache, and all I wanted was a grilled cheese.

I did like the idea of more frequent meals, and I was never hungry, but I felt like I was on a diet.

I wouldn't recommend it. For me, it was just too strict.
SkinniVivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 01:45 PM   #6  
Maintenance May 2011

S/C/G: 312/149/150

Height: 5'6"

Are you talking about Michael Thurmond's 6 Week body makeover? The "6 Week Body Makeover" is an expensive (6 payments of $19.99 plus $19.95 shipping), gimmick-based program that basically tells you to eat healthy and exercise. Keep your money and do just that. If long-term weight loss was this straight-forward, The "6 Week Body Makeover" would be a house-hold name and sold in mainstream stores instead of obscure websites and infomercials.
mizski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:16 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

I heard the diet was pretty strict-and most women fall into similar "types" eating lean protein and vegetables...stuff most of us here already know.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:21 PM   #8  
Always Learning

Height: 5'5"

I've tried it, I still have the kit from like...a year and a bit ago.

What to say about it:
- I was the body type that was pretty much low fat, low carb. (If you want I can give you a food list of what you can eat if you do the 6WBM "body type test" to see if its worth the money).
-In addition to eating well, you are told to do 30 minutes of walking (I believe) or like wise activity along with the band work.
- Personally, I found it difficult because I lived at home, but now that I don't I could almost see myself doing it again, but I've taken on a no-meat type lifestyle so it doesn't really work
8675309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:20 PM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8675309 View Post
I've tried it, I still have the kit from like...a year and a bit ago.

What to say about it:
- I was the body type that was pretty much low fat, low carb. (If you want I can give you a food list of what you can eat if you do the 6WBM "body type test" to see if its worth the money).
-In addition to eating well, you are told to do 30 minutes of walking (I believe) or like wise activity along with the band work.
- Personally, I found it difficult because I lived at home, but now that I don't I could almost see myself doing it again, but I've taken on a no-meat type lifestyle so it doesn't really work
I took the online quiz and was told I am a type A - endomorph. If you can give me an info on what I'd be getting into, I would appreciate it. I was wondering what the food combos were about. I heard that some people had to eat protein and carbs at breakfast. Other types couldn't. I guess what I really wanted to see if the combos made any difference or if it was the amount of food that you were eating.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:10 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 180/169/145

Height: 5'5

I couldn't stick to it. I'm trying to sell it on craigslist for $30. At least get something out of. I did it for a week maybe. I know people use it very successfully, I know someone who loved it, but I think it just depends on your type of personality and if you can stick to it or not. It's definitely not the type of program for me.
vertigoskyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:20 PM   #11  
Always Learning

Height: 5'5"

I pm'd you the details earlier today, hope you got them
8675309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:08 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8675309 View Post
I pm'd you the details earlier today, hope you got them
Got the PM. Thanks!!!

I don't know if I can give all all beverages except water. That sounds crazy to me.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:59 PM   #13  
Claiming Victory!

S/C/G: 283/273/245 1st

My mom tried it and she hated it. She got sick off of it and I got the gist that it was a little bit of food and I think the food was very bland. I remember hearing you couldn't use salt or any seasonings on the food like chicken and fish. She kept it about three days and sent it back. She says she couldn't do it.
LuvMyMr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:20 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 395/303/264

Height: 5'4

I tried it a couple of years ago and I lost 80lbs but it was too strict and I stopped. No salt forever is something that I couldn't live with. I did like the other aspects however. Six weeks ago I decided to get back on track, with a few changes here and there. I eat 5-6 small meals a day but I eat salt,just in small quantities. I also work out more than the 30 minutes. I work out 1 hr and 30 minutes 5 days a week. I leared a lot form MT 6 wk body makeover but the no salt was a deal breaker for me. I knew that I could not go the rest of my life with no salt.
Fungirl28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 06:56 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fungirl28 View Post
I tried it a couple of years ago and I lost 80lbs but it was too strict and I stopped. No salt forever is something that I couldn't live with. I did like the other aspects however. Six weeks ago I decided to get back on track, with a few changes here and there. I eat 5-6 small meals a day but I eat salt,just in small quantities. I also work out more than the 30 minutes. I work out 1 hr and 30 minutes 5 days a week. I leared a lot form MT 6 wk body makeover but the no salt was a deal breaker for me. I knew that I could not go the rest of my life with no salt.
How long did it take you on the 6 week body makeover program to loose 80 pounds?
Courtne8591 is offline   Reply With Quote