3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

Exchange plans - support thread

Old 09-07-2009, 09:29 AM   #61

I love new beginnings Candianwoman so thankful we have more than a second chance in what we want. I started out August 28 at 198 now I am down to 196.5 and am on the weight and exercise contest in Chicks up for a challenge, that is really helping me stay on track. I am having trouble planning my menu this weekend for I never know what is for supper so tomorrow I will be back to normal, have another eat out tonight. So trying to wait till mid morning to eat Breakfast and lunch together then, tonight at 7 is suppose to be the eat out. I may eat a little before i go so I won't over do it. Sorta like eat before you go to the grocery store so you won't try to buy out the whole store!

SMILE JESUS LOVES YOU
"
Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food." Romans 14:20a (NIV

Goal one......200
Goal 2..........195
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:39 PM   #62
Starting over

S/C/G: 257.8/242.4/135

Height: 5' 5"

Kap;ods, I'm sorry you are going to "suffer" for eating vegetables. What is IBS?

You mentioned you put some resources on your blog. How do I access it?

"Your best weight is whatever weight you reach, when you're living the healthiest life you actually enjoy." Yoni Freedhoff
Alana in Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:02 PM   #63

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alana in Canada View Post
Kap;ods, I'm sorry you are going to "suffer" for eating vegetables. What is IBS?

You mentioned you put some resources on your blog. How do I access it?

IBS is "irritable bowel syndrome." In a nutshell, it means that any time I drastically change my diet (or occasionally, for no reason that I can figure out at all), I'm likely to experience some kind of "gastrointestinal distress," especially if I overeat fats or fruits and vegetables (especially raw). The further I deviate from my "normal" diet, the more likely I am to have severe symptoms (at it's worst, it's like having a nasty stomache virus or food poisoning).

It isn't so much veggies that trigger my IBS, it's more the amount of change from my normal diet. In the winter, I usually eat about 1 to 3 servings of fruit, and 3 to 4 servings of vegetables (1 cup raw or 1/2 cup cook, for most). In the summer, I eat more, A LOT MORE. It's not terribly unusual for me to have more than ten servings. If I'm "smart," I slowly increase the servings day by day, but there are times when I eat a lot more than I should, and just suffer the cosequences.

At the buffet, I would estimate that I had about 7 servings of veggies or more (I think I ate about a lb of asparagus, alone). That's less than 200 calories worth of veggies, but 200 calories provides a lot of veggie. Then for desert, I had about 2 to 3 servings of watermelon (about 2 to 3 cups, and another 200 calories or so).

In essence, I ate a days worth of fruits and veggies in one meal, but I ended up not having any problems (although I did end up eating no more veggies the rest of the day. I wasn't hungry until early evening, and only had a light yogurt). Dairy can be another trigger, but yogurt and cheese doesn't seem to give me the trouble that milk does (maybe I'm a bit lactose intolerant).

As for my blog, below this paragraph, I've posted the link. The book titles are still listed on the main page, but when it "falls off," you can click on "Exchange plan information" (it's under the column titled "Categories" on the right hand side of the page.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/kaplods/

http://www.dreamstormdesigns.etsy.com
etsy link by permission from 3fc! Want to add yours? Ask them!
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:45 PM   #64

S/C/G: 329/307/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone, I would love to join your group. I was planning on doing WW points but I'm not such a fan of that program because you can just about eat what you want as long as you stay within the points allotted to you. I'd much prefer the exchange system. I use to be on it years ago. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

mary

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
justmary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 12:49 AM   #65

Hi Mary,

Welcome.

Last edited by kaplods : 09-08-2009 at 01:09 AM.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:54 AM   #66

Oh WOW! Love your picture Kaplod! I been thinking about putting mine up but still don't know if will. I tried to check in earlier and would not let me . Mary so glad you decided to join us! Hope you like it here.
Got a 4 mile walk in this morning really enjoyed it, of course God had some wild flowers along my path, they are so pretty, a purple color today. Still don't know how he gets them to bloom in this dry hot weather, but he can do what we can't. May have to do some traveling or stay at the store so need to get busy .Y'all have a great day!

SMILE JESUS LOVES YOU
"

Goal one......200
Goal 2..........195
Old 09-08-2009, 08:09 PM   #67

S/C/G: 329/307/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi guys, thanks for the welcome!

Kaplods, you did an awesome job eating out at Golden Corral. I've eaten there only once and I'm glad I wasn't on a diet at that time because I would have been so bad. If I ever get a chance to eat there again, I hope to eat as well as you did, with the addition of baked fish or maybe grilled chicken.

Thanks for the list of books you put on your site. If anyone sees one book they like and have used more than any other would you please share it. I have no idea and I might can afford to get one book. I do have a diabetic exchange booklet a dietician I saw a few years ago gave me so I can use that for starters.

Well, I'll go see if I can work out a meal plan for tomorrow. See you all later.

mary

"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
justmary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:28 PM   #68
Lil' Old Chick

S/C/G: 229/206/150

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Mary, so glad you can join us and share exchanges.

Kaplods love your new pic, looking great.

rain today, did OK plan wise, didn't get my hike in today, oh well tomorrow is another day.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:55 AM   #69

I have almost got 5 miles in this morning, 4 with Lee my dog, who he and I had a meeting of the minds this morning. He won the first round but I won in the second round, he did not want to get back into his pen and I told him he had too and tried shoving him in, he turned on me , so I backed off but I held his collar and told him to please go in and his feet were stuck to the ground, was not moving. I said fine! I know how to get you in! I went in the house and grabbed a piece of lunch meat and he ran over and got in his pen and sit down and was ready for me to hand it to him. I was not going to fall for that trick, grabb it and knock me backwards ,no way, I threw it in the back of his pen! Ha! I won! He ain't going with me tomorrow I am taking Pepper or Sunny, not him! How dare he threaten to bite me!
Went to the well house and turned the water off ,it was running over out here, so thankful for that. All the tanks are full right now and the weather man has predicted rain about all week, hope he is right.
Fixing to go feed the animals and work on filling that liquid feeder up with dirt.Y'all have a wonderful day!

SMILE JESUS LOVES YOU
"

Goal one......200
Goal 2..........195
Old 09-09-2009, 07:48 PM   #70
Lil' Old Chick

Hiked with Cody today, did good food wise until dinner, when to a barb a que had a pork sandwich, beans and some cole slaw, no seconds so not to bad a day.
rained again today, made a cup of tea and was reading a good book, Cody by my feet, a nice afternoon.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:29 PM   #71

Default May I join?

Hello to all, I have enjoyed reading the posts.
I have not been on 3FC in a long time, but always enjoyed it.
I need to get back to watching my calories with the exchange system. And journaling, and exercising! I have not done this in a while and it show!
I find that the exchange plan works best for me, amd I have pretty much tried them all!
And I need support and a good every once in a while!

I don't know if I can post every day, however I will try, as that also helps me.
And I will be supportive of others, if I wish to receive, I need to give!
I am on a challenge and plan to lose 5 pounds in the next 6 weeks!
Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:53 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Too View Post
... Kaplods love your new pic, looking great...
Thank you. I figured it was time to exchange the wedding pic since hubby and I are going to be married 7 years November 2nd.

Welcome Mickey

I found a new cookbook to add to my collection: Weight Watchers Meals in Minutes Cookbook (1989). All-in-all a pretty good cookbook. Looks like I'll be trying at least a few of the recipes.

On my blog, I reviewed the book

http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/kaplods/

Plan-wise, I'm doing very well today. I printed out my exchange worksheets for the coming week. Luckily, there was just barely enough ink in the cartrige to print what I needed.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:00 PM   #73

Mickey! I find it the best too, always come back to it and studying the word of Jesus, never fails. I find the more you post the more involve you come in to loosing weight and becoming healthy, the more friends you make too! I am in the Faith, and two challenges weight and exercise with Chicks for a challenge. I ate off of the exchange today, well not really but did not measure my food out and i think I ate too much!I feel like I have a hang over....well I still got to go do my Bible study,so happy you have joined us!

SMILE JESUS LOVES YOU
"

Goal one......200
Goal 2..........195
Old 09-10-2009, 09:06 AM   #74
Lil' Old Chick

WELCOME Mickey, so glad you can join us. I too feel this is the best lifestyle diet for me. Somehow I eat better on the exchange plan and when I think I am cheating, I'm really not.
You are so right Bootsie, between Jesus and exchange diet along with 3chicks we can't help but lose weight and get healthy.
Today we are going to town, so I must make wise choices, and get my exercise in.
Have a great day all.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:06 AM   #75
Lil' Old Chick

OK I have been doing the foodmover my way, now I have been reading I may have been doing it wrong.
This morning I had 2 eggs, 2 slices of turkey bacon, 1/2 C cottage cheese and 1 slice of toast with a little butter,
So I counted it as 4 protein, 2 for 2 eggs, 1 for 2 slices of turkey bacon and 1 for the cottage cheese, 1 starch for the toast, and 1 fat for the butter.
Am I right?
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.