Old 05-28-2009, 10:18 AM   #1  
300+ Chick

Cool Richard Simmons Foodmover??

I was wandering of anyone had success with his foodmover? Back in the 80s was successful but gained it back. I gave away the old deal a meal cards and have his foodmover. I am on a tight budget and living in a boarding home which I don't cook and go by on what they serve me.

Hoping there will be people on his foodmover plan and making a weekly support thread. I need support!!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I'm not using the food mover, or the deal-a-meal (have used both in the past), but I am using an exchange plan.

I chose a lower carb plan I found on the hillbillyhousewife website, and then added several "optional" exchanges that I can spend on dairy, protein, starch or fruit exchanges (upt to 80 calories each).

What I like best about exchange plans, is that most exchange plan cookbooks are interchangeable. While different programs may dole out the exchanges differently, the exchanges themselves generally are the same. In fact, the exchanges themselves haven't changed much since they were first developed for diabetic meal planning in the 1950's, so I have cookbooks from the early 60's that I can use. There are exceptions, though I know of only one off-hand - it's the DASH diet (developed to address high blood pressure)
and it's meat/protein servings are equivalent to 3 meat/protein exchanges on most other plans. Also, instead of including nuts in the fat servings as other plans do, they have a separate nut category. That's easy to translate too, because I believe most nuts are about 4 points per ounce.

Weight Watchers was always an exchange plan until the mid 90's, so any WW cookbook published before 1994 are exchange-based, and there are a lot of resources onlline.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:09 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Never tried Foodmover but still have the Deal a Meal cards, pretty good idea actually. however you can get good results by calorie counting. Any successful diet requires that you eat less calories, they may call it points. or counting grams or whatever it still amounts to the same thing. Eat fewer calories and exercise more and you will lose. And counting calories is free.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

I used to have it... picked it up at garage sale actually. Wish I knew where it was now, seems like it would be easier to track portions and vegetables throughout the day.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:34 PM   #5  

Height: 5'3"

I have 2 sets of the deal a meal cards and have modified them to suit my needs. With that said my calories are 1600 a day.

I would love a weekly support thread.

Last edited by canadianwoman; 05-28-2009 at 11:35 PM. Reason: added my support
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 01:51 AM   #6  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I started a new thread for us exchangers - I'm not trying to be queen of the thread, or anything, so if anyone has suggestions for changes (including whether or not we belong in the calorie counters forum) please voice them.

I figure mostly we can just wing it and make up as we go along.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...98#post2763398
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote