Old 05-24-2009, 03:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 211.4/207.6/150

Height: 5'7.5''

Question Meal Replacement diets?? Who has tried them and do they work?

Some of the girls i work with have started a sort of meal replacement diet.. they use meal replacements for breakfast, lunch and snacks and eat a healthy, normal dinner..

but do these meal replacement diets like slimfast, or other shakes/bars work?
Mommywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:21 PM   #2  
Lo-Carbin'

S/C/G: 197/See Ticker!/150

Height: 5'7

I never tried them long term... however, I am finally motivated to lose my weight and lose it the right way and I'd be afraid of not knowing how to eat normal after losing a lot of weight with the bars. Portion control and what not. Also, the few times that I tried either a slimfast shake or some kind of bar, my brain was not satisfied at all. Even though the nutrients equaled a meal, my brain wanted to see a plate of food!
sawa1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:26 PM   #3  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

I've done Slim Fast and it works... but not long term. If you're going to keep the weight off you have to do it in a way that you can sustain for the rest of your life. I can't see myself drinking those gawsh awful shakes or eating those bars twice a day for the rest of my life. They get old real quick!

Just my two cents .
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 12:44 AM   #4  
~*Lupo di Autunno*~

S/C/G: 162/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValRock View Post
I've done Slim Fast and it works... but not long term. If you're going to keep the weight off you have to do it in a way that you can sustain for the rest of your life. I can't see myself drinking those gawsh awful shakes or eating those bars twice a day for the rest of my life. They get old real quick!

Just my two cents .
I totally agree. They're not nearly as good as even a typical trail mix or granola bar. They seriously have a "crushed up vitamin" flavor.
Wolf Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/200/140

Height: 5' 3"

I find that meal replacement products leave me hungry. By the end of the day I am starving and end up eating way too many calories. Plus rarely do they actually taste good.
Lucky Charms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I am currently using portein suppilments, and it is really helping me keep to a low calorie diet (about 1250 calories/day). I struggled trying to stay around 1450 calories a day until I got the protein supplements. Now, I take about 5 protein supplements per day which account for about 550-650 of my daily calories. I have noticed such a difference, I am not hungry all the time, I feel "in control" and am able to keep my calories where I need them. Perhaps you too could benefit from added some protein supplements to your diet. I use mainly Wonderslim shakes, pretzels, and cheesecake pudding, Protidiet vanilla cookies, BartiWise fruit drink, and Medifast bars. I buy everything except for the Medifast bars at www.dietdirect.com.

Last edited by babes315; 05-27-2009 at 03:01 PM.
babes315 is offline   Reply With Quote