Old 06-01-2009, 11:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/160

Height: 5'11

Default im having a problem

I am suppose to eat 1500 calories a day, but i am having a problem eating all of my calories, i almost never do. i always only get to like 1200. and this week, i have gained .4 pounds. i dont really understand it. i know you can lose weight a lot slower from not eating enough calories, but can you GAIN weight from not eating enough calories? i eat three meals a day and i eat some healthy snacks, but it just never equals 1500. im just frustrated because these last 13 pounds are just taking forever, i keep going back and forth in the 180's and im scared that im gona keep going up, when im eating like i always have, (like i always have through the course of my weight loss journey of course)

Also, how do you account for calories in fruit? i have no idea how many calories are in an apple...
xpinkglowx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 05:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/152/125

Height: 5'2

I like nutritiondata.com, it will tell you the calories (and nutrients and everything else) of practically any food ever. A large apple is 104 calories according to that...
I'm not sure about whether eating too little would cause you to gain weight but i wouldn't be surprised- i wish i had that problem! Maybe some ideas of things you could eat are granola bars or a yogourt (and don't necessarily get the fat-free kind all the time if you're having trouble eating all your calories- some fat helps you absorb the calcium (not to mention yummy)). A handful of nuts is also a good snack, i like to put almonds or walnuts on my salad. Just some ideas...
rosiem is offline   Reply With Quote