3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Food Lovers Fat Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/171966-food-lovers-fat-loss.html)

Beejene 12-10-2009 11:25 PM

Thanks for the info

I appreciate the information. I was on LA Weight Loss then they went out of business in my area. There is another thread on here and many of the people still have centers where they live and provided me with their new plan. Its working very well for me and its balanced, and very easy. You can eat everything. LA Weight Loss seems to be what works for me. Continued success with you plan.

Cherish617 12-26-2009 01:50 AM

Response to Food Lovers Fat Loss system

Yes, I am on it and IT WORKS. I have lost 3 and a half inches in my waist, 2 inches in my hips in 3 weeks. I have lost inches elsewhere too, but those are my hateful areas. It is worth the money because it will stick with you for life.:smug:

YoYoSyndrome 10-19-2010 11:16 AM

Food Lovers Fat Loss

I've seen this infomercial also and have been reading different posts regarding this plan but no one on this plan or doing any similiar plan has explained the consumption of fats allowed on the program. Does anyone know the answer to this? Would appreciate any feedback - thanks!:?:

Rickw 11-07-2010 04:55 PM

I have had the program for a while but didn't do it. Tomorrow I start! I know I can do this.

Rickw 11-07-2010 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoYoSyndrome (Post 3528497)
I've seen this infomercial also and have been reading different posts regarding this plan but no one on this plan or doing any similiar plan has explained the consumption of fats allowed on the program. Does anyone know the answer to this? Would appreciate any feedback - thanks!:?:

You don't count fat or calories (except with snacks). Just follow the pprtion and food type guide and everything takes care of itself. The only fats you must be careful of is added fats - dressings, cooking oils - just go low fat on these and you will be fine. Hope this helped!:dizzy:

Rickw 11-08-2010 09:43 AM

Started today on FLFL! As I mentioned I have had the plan a while but just decided to kick the weight. I need to lose about 45 pounds and I know I can do this. Someone asked what a day's food would look like well here is my day:

Breakfast - Egg substitute fritatta on a wheaTdinner roll with a protein shake and a cup of coffee.

Snack - granola bar (homemade)

Lunch - Chicken breast baked and seasoned (protein) 1/2 baked potato (fast carb) and broccolli (slow carb)

Snack - banana and protein shake

Dinner - 4oz. hamburger steak (extra lean) with smothered onions (protein) small slice french bread, 2 oz of baked french fries (fast carb) and green beans (slow carb)

Snack - peach sorbet 1/2 cup

As you can see there is a lot to eat yet the calories and fat are still low. Drinking water with the sugarfree flavor packets in it (I hate water).

Good luck!

miniwheatfreak 01-12-2011 06:02 PM

Hello, I am new here even though I have been aware of the 3 Fat Chicks on a diet webpage for a while... I am checking this thread because I am also considering whether or not to order the FL system... my concerns are really about the cost and availability of the food that needs to be purchased on the program (is the food relatively inexpensive and easily available) and the ease of preparation... I would not want to be preparing recipes that are too complicated. Last year I tried Nutrisystem and loved the fact that the food was ready-made but did not like the flavor (I had been on Jenny Craig and to me, the flavor of the Nutrysistem meals cannot compete with JC). Unfortunately, JC is too expensive for me, as I only work part-time. Any thoughts you can share on FL will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!,

D.

jess1 07-05-2011 09:05 PM

Hi,
Is this still a viable site?
I started FLFL just about 5 days ago, have lost several pounds, and cannot believe that I'm eating... and losing! Amazing! I can do this!! I have high hopes for continued losses.

TNBabyRN 07-26-2011 09:02 AM

Hi Donna, just wanted to let you know I am reading this post today so it is still open! I'm thinking of ordering the program. I can't count another point. I'm also thinking of just eating 5 or six times a day and spreading my food out instead of buying the program. I don't like to cook alot, a little is okay, but not a lot. I'm afraid there would be way too much cooking involved for me. What do you think?

MaryAnnH63 08-01-2011 06:31 AM

So how are you doing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jess1 (Post 3922151)
Hi,
Is this still a viable site?
I started FLFL just about 5 days ago, have lost several pounds, and cannot believe that I'm eating... and losing! Amazing! I can do this!! I have high hopes for continued losses.

How are you doing? What type of exercise do you do?:?:

WinterCricket 10-27-2011 10:10 PM

Okay I have ordered this program and while I haven't "started" it, I find it to be full of amazing thoughts and ideas. I heard that the company Robert Ferguson used to sell his product didn't do the greatest job. When you go though the program, you really do have questions. Now Robert does have a site where you can talk and ask questions so that helps and he is on Facebook and is very down to earth.
Another thing to point out is he does have a book out that I ordered from Amazon and it was full of great information but doesn't include the motivational CDs or the exercise DVD that I found to be fun.
They allow you to keep the kit for 8 weeks to give it a try (after you pay the $40 for first payment and shipping) and if you keep it they only take out $20 a month to pay it off.
It's real food and real eating and after the 21 day makeover there isn't much restriction at all.
Honestly I just haven't started fully yet but it has a lot of potential. My advice is to order the book and give it a read and go from there.

AriesNV 11-19-2011 01:13 PM

Just Ordered It!

Hello,

I was a Calorie Counter and a IF (intermittent fasting) fan. I was on this site for awhile, and was pretty consistent with keeping up my blog.

Then I stopped.

I still had it in the back of my mind -- that whole period of time -- to make smart decisions and to exercise more, but I could never get under the 190 mark. There was a day where I weighed-in and was 190.2 (or something like that) and it made me almost want to go to sleep right then so I wouldn't be tempted to put anything else in my mouth, so then I can wake up the following morning under 190. Yeah. Didn't happen.

Whether it's my psych or my body...they are anti-180's. Every time I get close to 189, I seem to just stay put or gain 2-3 pounds back and stay there. I haven't reached 197 (when I started 3FC) but I've been at 194 -- give or take 1-2 lbs -- for this whole time that I've been MIA.

I just ordered FLFL an hour ago. I am totally not an online shopper, let alone an infomercial shopper. But in my sleepy haze, it caught my attention and I said "What the ****." Mainly, I've been into cooking/baking, so I've been obsessive about collecting recipes and what-not, so the cookbooks appealed to me, along with just the basic knowledge of how to "pair foods".

I'm sure all of you are right -- in some respect. From the skeptics to the people that are actually following this lifestyle (not a diet). I'm sure the infomercial probably did sugarcoat things and wasn't COMPLETELY accurate on how "easy" and basic it is. However, nothing is. Even those of you who are saying "just count this and don't eat that"...yeah, okay...everything SOUNDS easy. It does all come down to whatever works for you.

I could have probably purchased a lowfat/healthy eating/easy fix meals cookbooks and created my own thing, since I'm getting back into cooking/baking, but I didn't. I figure, it's been too long of me saying what I'm GOING to do and how easy it's going to be to DO it. Yet, I haven't done -- and committed -- to doing anything, for a long period of time. Now, since I've accounted (to my bf) for my purchase, I'd feel guiltier NOT following through with it, rather than doing something I've created and then putting a Milky Way into my mouth. I don't want to let myself down, but it'll definitely be worse being the "woman that spends all her money on nonsense only for it to sit there and collect dust" in my bf's eyes.

Can't wait to receive this in the mail and good luck to all of you doing or have done it!:carrot:

theresa32877 01-07-2012 03:08 PM

food lovers diet

I have thought about doing this diet as well. I have thought about trying to do it by looking stuff up on internet myself to save money. But it seems everytime I try to do it that way I wont stick to it. Anyone else have same issues?

Kristikins 01-13-2012 09:55 AM

Theresa - I am really bad at binge buying...I'll buy a book or diet plan or "new food system" or join a group and then when I begin to get bored with it, I tell myself "you can do this on your own"...and then I end up gaining all my lost weight back..plus some :( I just ordered the FLFL! I'm about 100 + pounds overweight and have a big surgery coming up in June. I need to drop as much as I can so I'm not having to lug around extra weight for my recovery! Anyway, I have also ordered Sensa (some folks at my work are doing Sensa and seem to be enjoying it)...so i thought I'd pair them together...or maybe just send Sensa back and do the FLFL the right way... I'd like to hear from those of you who bought this system and are still sticking with it...how's it going??

Yanktongal 01-31-2012 07:07 PM

I saw the commercial for the first time this morning. My husband and I are on Atkins. It sounded quite good. So I looked on line and found a website just chock full of horrible experiences with Provida. Just google "consumer complaints provida". Glad I checked because I was just about to reach for the ol' plastic. I would not recommend dealing with them. There's plenty of good free info about glycemic index, and maintaining a healthy blood sugar, which will prevent fat storage. I'm going to stick to Atkins.