Old 05-23-2009, 02:17 PM   #31  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KityCat View Post
I will be doing take off next week on tuesday and wednesday with the oranges this time. I am not fond of cantalope and the juice costs more
Kelly, I'm looking forward to hearing how TO goes for you with the oranges. I haven't tried with oranges yet, and I'm thinking it might help stave off boredom if I do cantaloupe one time and oranges the next....I like having some options
Luckybustert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 02:37 PM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennedy5672 View Post
So let me take a poll with everyone should I keep the clothes that have been sitting in my closet for over ten years or donate them?
Please help me make a decision
It depends.....if they are in classic cuts and colors, I'd say keep them. Also, I'd keep one pair of jeans that you REALLY LIKED the way you looked in as a benchmark. (Sometimes the scales aren't as accurate a depiction of our progress as how we look in our clothes because we've been exercising and getting smaller but muscle weighs more than fat so the number on the scale looks like less progress than we've really made).

If the clothes are trendy, I'd probably get rid of them.....trends do come back around but usually not in quite the same way as before.

Quote:
Luckybustert:WOW that is a nice drop on Take Off. Tell me what your eating was like, what food choices did you use for such a dramatic weightloss.
I used one cantaloupe per day in place of the TO juice, and I did the same menu both days:

Breakfast:
2 eggs (over easy cooked in butter)
1/3 of the cantaloupe

Lunch:
1/3 of the cantaloupe
Salad:
iceburg lettuce
sliced raw zucchini
grilled chicken strips
1 TBSP olive oil
1 TBSP of balsamic vinegar
Spicy Mrs. Dash sprinkled on it to taste

Dinner:
1/3 of the cantaloupe
1 or 2 grilled hamburger patties with Montreal Steak Seasoning sprinkled on them (we bought some ground beef and made up enough patties for both days and cooked them on the grill the first night, heated them up in the microwave the next night)
Salad:
iceburg lettuce
sliced raw zucchini
1 TBSP olive oil
1 TBSP of balsamic vinegar
Spicy Mrs. Dash sprinkled on it to taste

Drank plenty of water.

Was not hungry at all between meals!
Old 05-23-2009, 02:45 PM   #33  

Quote:
I forgot to mention. I must honestly admit the reason why I never ventured out to eat fruit like cantelope, watermelon, grapefruit, honeydew etc... is because I do not know how to accurately measure it using a cup.

Can someone help me?
Should I cut them in fine pieces and put them in a measuring cup.
Does anyone know in terms of ounces how many ouces of cantelope is equivalent to one cup. It can't be 8 oz. right?

Thanks for your help Ladies
This is one of the reasons why I was asking for recommendations on a kitchen scale -- it'd be more accurate to weigh my food than to use measuring cups. I think we've finally decided on the one we want: http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...1&SKU=14816640 We went to Bed, Bath & Beyond yesterday to look at them but didn't buy yet because we have a 20% off coupon around here that I want to use (wasn't planning to stop at BB&B or I would've had it with me)....that'll be about $10 off so I figured it was worth it to wait.
Old 05-23-2009, 04:01 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Well everything I typed just got erased. Anyway i weighed in today only down one pound. wish it was more but anyhing is great and i kept the 6 pounds off from lst week so that makes me happy.

Kennedy- get rid of them!! you deserve to buy new clothes after all your weight loss.

Suzanne- you are so informative i am glad you joined the thread.

To everyone else have a wonderful weekend and memorial day!!!
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 09:15 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 137.5/137.5/125

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning Everyone!

I hope you are all enjoying the holiday weekend! We finally have nice weather, so I have been trying to get in as much walking as possible!

Things have been crazy here at my house the past week. I am interviewing for a new job with a school district that is practically next to my house. I made it through the first round and now I have to prepare a lesson to teach on Tuesday morning! The law of sines & cosines ugh!!!!!

I have fallen off the wagon, but I am getting back on today. My plan is to do a TO next week after the long weekend to get back into the swing of things!

Summer Challenge #2 Goals:
1) Lose 6 pounds.
2) Journal everyday
3) Drink 64 oz of water everyday
Heather5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:32 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/120

Height: 5'1"

Smile Good Morning Ladies --- Happy Tuesday

I hope everyone enjoyed this weekend. For most people yesterday was the first day that kicked off the summer but we all secretly know that summer comes in June. (ha, ha, ha)

I went to a wedding on Sunday...and let me tell you I looked smashing. I think I shocked the heck out of a lot of people because one they don't normaly see me in a dress with strapy high heels, two have never seen me with a slightly punging neckline, three probably didn't know I had nice boobies to fill in the dress and boy did I look good. Sorry for the boobie comment but I looked and felt pretty darn good. It has been such a long time since I was able to fit into something real nice and on top of it look nice in it too. Also, I think I am going to buy a bathing suit this summer. I saw some really nice ones a Target that looked nice pretty but concealing (thank goodness for the bathing suit industry that realized that there are more than just two categories of bathing suits)

I will doing Take Off today I believe with MommyofSix and KityKat.
My starting weight is 200 pounds. Let see how much I will weigh after TO.

Everyone have a great day and I will check in later on today from work.
kennedy5672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:16 AM   #37  

Good Tuesday Morning to you all..

Glad there are only 4 work days this week. I love a 3-day weekend. wish it was that way every week. Today of course is very busy trying to make up for yesterday. one of my co-workers was fired on Friday not sure why but the gossip mill is on overdrive anyway so you can imagine coming to work on a Tuesday after a holiday and now we are down one worker and our supervisor is on vacation. The only good thing from this is I am doing Takeoff today and I am so busy I will not have to worry about what I am not getting to eat.

Kennedy- Congrats on your wedding dress, it sounds like you had a wonderful time and lthat you looked and felt fantastic. I am sure that is exactly what you needed to keep you motivated. You definately need to buy a swimsuit, I saw the ones a target and they are cute. I like that you can buy different sizes in tops and bottoms. Old Navy has some good ones too however they are a little more revealing than the Target ones. Also I don't mind the boobie talk if you have got it flaunt it...Glad you are joining us in Takeoff. I am hoping for a big loss too.

Heather5- good luck with your lesson plans. Sounds like a great oppurtunity.

I will try to post more later hope everyone has a great on plan day!!!
Old 05-26-2009, 11:59 AM   #38  

Quote:
I am interviewing for a new job with a school district that is practically next to my house. I made it through the first round and now I have to prepare a lesson to teach on Tuesday morning! The law of sines & cosines ugh!!!!!
Congratulations on making it through the first round, Heather, and good luck with your lesson today! I have to agree....law of sines & cosines....ugh is right!!!

Quote:
I have fallen off the wagon, but I am getting back on today. My plan is to do a TO next week after the long weekend to get back into the swing of things!
Way to go getting back on the wagon......we all fall off it at times and one very real key to success is to not give up at that point!
Old 05-26-2009, 12:08 PM   #39  

Quote:
I hope everyone enjoyed this weekend. For most people yesterday was the first day that kicked off the summer but we all secretly know that summer comes in June. (ha, ha, ha)
Oh I'm just pea green with envy! Summer normally comes in July here and stays for maybe 6 to 8 weeks if I'm lucky. I think I've had the wood stove going every month except August so far. (I can't complain really.....we are having incredibly WARM, BEAUTIFUL WEATHER here this week! No rain )

Quote:
I went to a wedding on Sunday...and let me tell you I looked smashing. I think I shocked the heck out of a lot of people because one they don't normaly see me in a dress with strapy high heels, two have never seen me with a slightly punging neckline, three probably didn't know I had nice boobies to fill in the dress and boy did I look good. Sorry for the boobie comment but I looked and felt pretty darn good. It has been such a long time since I was able to fit into something real nice and on top of it look nice in it too. Also, I think I am going to buy a bathing suit this summer. I saw some really nice ones a Target that looked nice pretty but concealing (thank goodness for the bathing suit industry that realized that there are more than just two categories of bathing suits)
That is AWESOME! So glad to hear you had a great time showing off your new bod.....its definitely fun and you deserve to enjoy it

Quote:
I will doing Take Off today I believe with MommyofSix and KityKat.
Well shoot...I must be on the opposite schedule of everyone else.....I'll be doing TO next week. Wishing you all a very successful TO and a great week!!
Old 05-26-2009, 12:11 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyofsix View Post
You definately need to buy a swimsuit, I saw the ones a target and they are cute. I like that you can buy different sizes in tops and bottoms. Old Navy has some good ones too however they are a little more revealing than the Target ones.
I was also surprised to find that Costco has some very nice, very high quality swimsuits at very good prices.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:10 PM   #41  
Kelly

S/C/G: 190/see ticker/130

Height: 5'5

Just checking in quickly don't have any time to read sorry. I will catch up later.............
I am doing ok on to today. I will have to check in later. I did horrible over the weekend. I ate all fatty foods. I am feeling really bloated and totally regretting it. I NEED TO GET BACK ON PLAN!!!!!!!! Have to feel better about this or I will give up I keep telling my self I Can do this
KityCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:12 PM   #42  

Kelly- you can do this and just think of takeoff as a detox and just what you need after a weekend of not so great choices. Now on Thursday you can make better choices and start the summer off healthier and right.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:23 PM   #43  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

ok..i don't want to put up a ticker. ugh. i don't want to admit how much weight i gained while i was pregnant..and how little i've lost in the past month since baby X was born.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:08 PM   #44  
Lori

S/C/G: 227/179.5/140

Height: 5'1

Didn't have a great weekend food wise but didn't do to bad.The good news is I didn't gain any weight.My daughter got her permit today so that was kinda nerve racking and exciting all at the same time.Its weird how fast they grow up.Well here's to a better week.Hope everyone had a great weekend.
Clanori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:18 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/120

Height: 5'1"

Default Just checking in

It is about 11:11 pm Tuesday night over in my end, I am geting ready to go to sleep. I seem to have had a pretty successful Day #1 of Take Off. I can't wait for Thursday to get here where I can go back to eating regular plan foods. After today I am starting to think that eating is overrated. Right now I am having an issue with my allergies. So I am going to get a wonderlful nigth sleep so I can wake up for TO 2
kennedy5672 is offline   Reply With Quote