Scales

• On my moms doctors scale...natural high weight=364 in March 09..Weighed in this morning and am currently at 350.

Medical doctor ditigal scale high weight=372 and on Thursday visit was 389..

Which scale do you all use?

I like my own doctors scale..

Thank you for your input..
  • Consistency is the thing.

Same time of day, same clothing ...

It also depends on how often you want to weigh-in. I like every day so mine is at home. I can (and have) become totally discombobulated comparing scales. A head mess, I can do without.
  • With such a difference, I think you need a third opinion. Either scale could have mechanical/battery issues. Obviously ONE of them was not correct. I have seen a 5 lb. difference among scales quite often - but a 39 lb. difference?

Is there another scale you can weigh on to determine which one is correct? Neighbor, friend, pharmacy, gym, office?

Susan is right - once you figure out which scale is accurate, stick with that one as your official weight.
  • I would taken them all to the gym and put weights on them to see which one is accurate. Once you know use that as your starting weight ect.

Also, weigh at the same time of day, same type of clothing, empty stomach ect. (I prefer first thing in the morning).

Just for reference, I have two digital scales and they are a good 2-3lbs different.