Old 05-17-2009, 10:26 PM   #1  

Default LAWL! Part Deux

Howdy! I think the last time I posted here was around January 2008 and at the time I was extremely frustrated with the change to the numbered plans and my inability to lose weight on same. I was also suffering from severe skin rashes that we eventually traced to the soy that was in so many of the products and bars I was eating. Then the center closed and left us high and dry, and in the mean time I regained what little weight I had lost, and my hubby, who had lost considerable weight on LAWL and was looking really great, has also put back on some of the weight he had lost. We were both pretty irritated with the way the company screwed us over $$-wise, but we both always felt the colored plans that we had originally signed up for were very good and today we decided we were going to give the LAWL plan another go (using the colored plans -- we both stalled big time once they put us on the numbered ones; it's just way more starch than we can eat and still lose weight). Neither of us are sure exactly what we weigh at the moment, so will WI tomorrow and start TO. We got the cantaloupe to sub for the TO juice, our salad greens and proteins and we are ready to get started! Once past TO, hubby is going to use the Luna bars and the Kashi protein and fiber bars to sub for the LA Lites. I am unable to eat most bars because of my soy allergy. Today at Costco I found some BoraBora bars that are organic and in the same calorie range....I'm not sure that they're high enough in protein, hopefully they will taste okay, and it's the only option I've found so far that doesn't have soy. If anyone else has suggestions for bars that don't have soy in them I would love to know what they are.

The biggest question I have for everyone is how do you handle the accountability aspects now that the centers have closed?
Luckybustert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 05:15 PM   #2  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi Suzanne, I remember you. Welcome back!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 06:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Suzanne, You can always go up one plan and just skip the bars.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 11:35 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo girl View Post
Hi Suzanne, I remember you. Welcome back!!
Thanks Katie! I'm very happy to be back. Day 1 of TO has gone well, not feeling hungry between meals and not eating out of boredom so that's a real good start in my book! Didn't make it to the gym so didn't weigh myself yet....going to have to move that one up on the "To Do" list tomorrow.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:43 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraB View Post
Suzanne, You can always go up one plan and just skip the bars.
Hi Barbara, I tried that before and if I remember correctly I was having a hard time getting the food in. The reason I'm wanting to find some bars that I can eat is that I think it's helpful for me to have something I can carry in my purse for emergencies, where I'm unexpectedly stuck somewhere when I'd normally eat. Also helpful for those days when there's cake or pastries at work.....if I have a bar handy, it's easier for me to resist the temptation to eat things I shouldn't.