Old 04-29-2009, 12:44 AM   #1  
angelmom313

Post Jillian M. Online Program???

Has anyone on here signed up for the Jillian Michaels online support? It has a customized "plan" and workout, etc. I am not sure exactly what all it includes.

Is it worth it and does it work?
Old 05-01-2009, 11:38 PM   #2  
angelmom313

Ok, since I didnt have any responses to this, I went ahead and signed up for the free 7 day trial. I am still in the 7 days but think I will cancel. It is the ads you see on yahoo home page and others for jillianmichaels.com. Anyway, I don't really see how it will help that much. It basically gives you a menu (after you take a survey to see what kind of metabolism you have) and then has a place to weigh-in and chart your progress. There is also an online forum and weight loss tools, exercise tips, nutritional tips. It also allows you to log in your exercise. There is really nothing on the site that you can't get for free....so I am going to cancel before my 7 days is up. I like Jillian and all but I am not gonna pay for what I can get for free. Anyway, all the "tips" and stuff I already know. I have said it many times before, I know what to do to lose weight so much that I could teach a class.....I just don't know how to get past the brick wall called my brain!
Old 05-02-2009, 03:00 AM   #3  

Height: 5'3"

I have been tempted to try it but I don't have a credit card so I never have.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:12 PM   #4  
Keep Moving Forward

S/C/G: 260/260/239

Height: 5'4

I was incredibly unimpressed. I love Jillian. Her customized meal plans were'nt really customized. You needed to adjust them to fit your calorie requirements. They were just guidelines.

The exercises were not for beginners. They didn't have very many options for people with injuries or who were just starting out. The message boards were great (they are included in your membership), but I bet you can find people as nice here or other places.

I did hear that she was tweaking things once her book came out to agree more with her book. I don't know if those changes happened yet, but I can't say that they'd be worth the cost. I read the book and truthfully, I don't see how the plan is livable in the long term. You could go broke on the organics long before you hit your goal weight.

Sorry if I offended anyone. Like I said, I love Jillian. I just think her website is lacking.
MuggleMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:11 PM   #5  

Unfortunately I did sign up for the program a few months back and I also was not impressed by any means! I have also read her book "Winning to Lose" and honestly I found the book to be more helpful than the website by far and I will not be renewing my membership. Seriously two thumbs way down!
kswood87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/???/149

Height: 5'4"

I've seen this program, but I always wondered if it was worth it. After this thread, I know it isn't! There are so many free weight loss websites that offer so much. I just stumbled upon this site, and I've already learned so much.

Jillian is great, but she's just too strict for me!
SkinniVivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:57 PM   #7  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinniVivi View Post
I've seen this program, but I always wondered if it was worth it. After this thread, I know it isn't! There are so many free weight loss websites that offer so much. I just stumbled upon this site, and I've already learned so much.

Jillian is great, but she's just too strict for me!
So basically, according to yourself and the two posters above you, if one joins Jillian Michaels website you're essentially paying Jillian for the privilege to post on her forum.

I'm glad I can do that here for free.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:45 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

I tried the 7 day trial awhile ago and canceled too. I didn't care for the meal plans and some of the exercises weren't things I could do at home. It seems too commercially to me, and nothing different. I already get a ton of support and motivation from this forum. I think it's cheaper to buy her books and listen to her radio show if you want her advice and one of her diet plans.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 10:47 AM   #9  
Who Burst MyBubble? Oh Me

S/C/G: 318/305/?

Height: 5 Foot 2, Eyes of Blue

Thank you all for being here!

I was just about to click the BUY NOW button when I thought to check in here to see what people thought of the JM website.

Thanks for sharing your experiences,
Lorie
Godiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 12:38 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 210/202.5/150...or lower...

Height: 5'5"

it is not worth it. i signed up for the free trial.
and then sent a detailed email explaining why i'd cancel my membership. there is no vegetarian option for the meal plans, etc. and why pay for forums, calculators, and all, when i can get them for free. only received a standard answer which i found a bit sad. but hey, if they don't want input, it's their problem.

i LOVE jillian, i think her metabolism book is great, i love how she promotes organic and whole foods (even safeways has organics and they are not that much more expensive...it is a choice we have, and i think we all know why organics are better for us and the environment...)...but her online program...not worth it.

Last edited by willow68; 05-24-2009 at 12:39 PM. Reason: typos...ha!
willow68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 10:33 PM   #11  

i almost just clicked SIGN UP too! glad i read this. i'm a big jillian fan and hope she upgrades soon!
britternee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:24 PM   #12  
Let's Get It Started

S/C/G: 265/251/140

Height: 5'6

glad i saw this also!! doing the 30 day shred and thought itmight be helpful but i guess not!!!!
MusickMaker is offline   Reply With Quote