Old 04-23-2009, 08:13 PM   #1  
Breathe the pressure

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5' 9"

Unhappy Girly craving problem, please help!

I really need some advice here please! I know everyone gets cravings here and there but 3-5 days before TOM hits they get soooo strong that I tend to lose all control! Yesterday I ate 5 eggs for lunch and a packet of oatmeal. Today's lunch was leftover baked cavetelli with ricotta cheese and mozzarella, a whole lot of it! Then a couple hours later I had half of a ham, salami, turkey, and swiss sandwich, then a couple hourse later I ate a biscuit, half a sausage, and a meatball wrap(2 meatballs and provolone cheese on top). I feel like a pig! I don't crave sweets to much just regular foods during this time. I eat massive amounts of everything! As soon as TOM hits I'm normal again. I take vitamins and try to get at least 64 oz. of water in a day but other than that I don't know what else to do.

I've thought of having some snacks ready but I run into problems. I have oral allergy syndrome so I'm allergic to raw apples, raw carrots, almonds, and walnuts. I hate any other raw veggies, popcorn, and pretzels. Since I don't have a sweet tooth I know that fruit won't help me. Any ideas for me? Thanks to anyone who took the time to read this I'm so upset! I work so hard the whole rest of the month and then I blow it.
GypsyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I like smashed cauliflower with 5 calorie butter, salt and pepper. You can eat the whole head for 150 calories. Smashed turnips and carrots are also good cooked and mashed.

Also, if you get the waffle cut carrots from produce you can spray them with nonfat cook spray and sprinkle with Mrs. Dash and bake them for about 45 minutes @ 400 degrees. Let them cool. Very low calorie and savory.

You can also make just egg whites--17 calories each. You can also eat the 5 calorie gelatin cups. If you like celery you can finely dice some and put the sugar free cool whip as a topper and eat that.

For me, protein satiates me--so do small amounts of olives, olive oils, raw almonds, avacado. I also find that when I eat something warm it tends to stuff me to satisfy that craving of being full. Good luck.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:30 PM   #3  
Breathe the pressure

Thighs Be Gone, I really like the cauliflower idea! Basically I only hate RAW veggies celery included, if it's cooked I'll eat any veggie! As for the eggs it's weird I've been craving them hard boiled or over easy, I think I'm craving the yolks not that it's a good thing lol. Thanks so much for the reply!
Old 04-23-2009, 08:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I'm right there with ya! I call it "bottomless pit syndrome" I'm so hungry just before TOM I could practically eat my own arm, it's brutal and everything I can do not to completely empty the pantry. I eat alot of soups and stews during that time, like split pea, turkey stew with barley in it, vegetable soup, etc. I've found I can't do much damage by eating soup and it tends to satiate me.
Leeesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 09:13 AM   #5  
Breathe the pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeesa View Post
I call it "bottomless pit syndrome"
YES! That's me! Thank you for understanding and I like the idea of soup too! I really love the saltiness of the soup and I'm thinking if it's low cal then it shouldn't be to bad and the salt will leave my body in a few days anyway. Thanks again!
Old 04-25-2009, 10:32 AM   #6  
Weight Watchers!

S/C/G: 221/ticker/175

Height: 5'

I always crave chocolate and also have the bottomless pit issue. So I started making protein shakes just for that. I use the no sugar added vanilla ice cream from bryers (only 80 cal) about 2 oz of skim milk (20 cal) and one scoop of either chocolate or cookies & cream protein powder (120 cal) this gives me 30grams of protein and 220 calories. It fills me up and satisfies my sweet cravings.

If it is salty I am after I bake my own tortilla chips. I cut up white corn toritillas (2 make 16 chips), spray with olive oil pam, and add sea salt. Bake at 350 10-12 min and they are great. Only 50 calories for 16 chips, take that scoops. I like to mix habenero salsa with black bean salsa.

These are my 2 favs.
eviemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 02:00 AM   #7  
MONI

S/C/G: 257/257/160

Height: 5'4''

I battle with this each month, esp right now! the past few days i've kida have been caving into my cravings. I haven't figured out how to work with TOM instead of letting it work against me. If i do i'll make sure to share!
Moni28 is offline   Reply With Quote