Old 04-18-2009, 09:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 174.4/166/130

Height: 5'3"

Default Beck Solution Which book?

Greetings.

After visiting here, I decided to try the Beck approach.

Which book is best, "The Beck Diet Solution: Train Your Brain to Think like a Thin Person", or "The Complete Beck Diet for Life"?

Should I just get both?

Thanks. I'm anxious to get started!
newton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:43 AM   #2  
Queen Mary

S/C/G: 300/214/175

Default re: Beck Solution Which book?

Newton,

I suggest the "Beck Diet Solution" workbook because it is easiest to follow. The regular "Beck Diet Solution" book is good if you want more information and don't mind reading more each day (I liked having more explanation of each step so I used both books for the first 6 weeks).

I am now also using the "Complete Beck Diet for Life" and I like it and many of the ideas in it but I would not suggest it for a starter book. The other two books have more structure and are better for beginning the program.

I started using the books and following the program on June 5, 2008 and so far have lost 86 lbs. I feel my thinking and whole attitude toward losing weight have drastically changed for the better by using Dr. Beck's approach.

All the best,
Mary
marys1628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 286.6/273.5/150

Height: 5'4"

I have all three books and like the workbook the best.
SweetMama is offline   Reply With Quote