Old 05-02-2009, 10:16 AM   #1  
~one cool chickie~

S/C/G: 250/245/135

Height: 5'8"

Question Is there any such thing as.....

too much protein? Now I'm not saying to eat nothing but protein, but what about those of us (like me) who enjoy protein shakes, and grilled chicken, and an occasional hard boiled egg? My oatmeal also has protein in it, and I don't wanna go into protein overload. Would any of you happen to know, or maybe point me in the right direction?

Last edited by honeybear; 05-02-2009 at 10:16 AM.
honeybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:25 AM   #2  
live, laugh, love

S/C/G: 265/202/160

Height: 5'5

I also love my protien..i usually have 2 protien shakes a day, plus tuna, chicken, and eggs. im sure there is at some point to much..but i dont think i eat to much of it..

angela
canadianangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:31 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8

Protein, like anything else (fat, carbs, alcohol) if eaten more than the body burns, it is stored into fat cells.

1g Protein= 4 calories
1g Fat= 9 cal
1g Carbs= 4 cal
1g Alcohol= 7 cal

some calories have much better benefits than others..
Just make sure you have a balance of 'calories in vs. calories out'
tater tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:39 AM   #4  
Jamaica Bound

S/C/G: 213/173/150(170 by 6/18/09)

Height: 5'5"

Default high protein diet

I am actually on the Metabolic Research Diet that is a high protein diet. I drink 4 high nutrient drinks a day that contain 15 grams of protein each and I am also required to eat 3 servings of protein a day. For breakfast I usually eat eggs and one slice of sara lee lite bread then for lunch I have 4 ounces of chicken, turkey or fish along with either 8 ounces of fresh vegetables or 4 ounces of cooked vegetables then do the same same for supper that I do for lunch except add another serving of healthy bread such as a 50 calorie tortilla, 1/2 cup of black eyed peas or something along that line. There is such thing as a healthy protein diet. I have lost 35 pounds since January 2, 2009. I really like this program! I have not had any potatoes, pasta or rice to speak of since I started the program and I am learning to like it this way! You might check into some of the groups here that are high protein and get some information. Good luck on your life change! Huggers!
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote