Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 06:46 AM   #31  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Welcome Athenawithheart

Athenawithheart

And, for joining 3FatChicks this month,

What finally triggered you to buy the new Beck book?

And how did you find out about 3FatChicks and this thread?
Old 04-04-2009, 06:47 AM   #32  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Saturday - Hello Weekend

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Amazing that I'm still feeling sore from one sixty minute Pilates class. Ouch. Used that, plus the rain, to skip my walk. Oh Well. It's still rainy this morning. I'm done with Spring rain; come on out Mr. Sunshine, LOL.

Had to unload five Arbor Vitae from the station wagon, so I scorned the two wheeled cart and carried them by hand just to do a little weight lifting for the day. CREDIT moi. For those who need to be reminded, leaning into a car to pick up a heavy object is a good way to injure the back. I was careful; CREDIT moi for that also.

onebyone - Kudos for buying $26 pounds of pasta and not cooking it right up, LOL. Ouch for all the stress stacked up at the end of your student career. Yay that you're at the end and know the remaining tasks. Good that you have the finish in view to help you move through this.

And Honking Big Congrats on the Mixed Media Scholarship award. What a great ego boost when you need some reminder that the rest of the world sees you in such a positive way.

Robin (RobinW) - Yay for running such a successful business that you have customers when the rest of the country, even world, is whining. Kudos, Kudos, Kudos. Yep, it makes sense that it's your customer service that does it.

Thanks for the thoughts about giving oneself credit; even though addressed to onebyone, they remind me that I also have much room to improve there. If I wasn't forcing myself to do it here each day, I might not do it at all.

Anne (wndranne) - Congrats on "drop like a rock." Congrats for leaving obese behind like Lance Armstrong peddling up a French mountain.

Eyes wide open at the thought of your blooming prickly pears.

Tera (twilit tera) - Yay for the ultrasound; can't wait to hear results. Kudos that 100% OP is just another ho-hum day.

LOL at your growing flock of ducks. Yay for Muscovies joining your Mallards. You can identify the male Muscovy by the knob at the base of his bill, either dark or bright red. You have a new budget line item now for your pet ducks.

davidette - Yay for positive use of sibling rivalry. Kudos for applying NO CHOICE to diet coke. Wondering what change in addition to the diet coke caused a 14 pound loss with your sister. That's an intriguing tidbit.

Yay for morning people who get up and promptly post while I'm wandering about the web and thus cross post, LOL.

Athenawithheart - Yay for another fan of "Hunger is not an emergency." I just love that line; it remains my favorite insight from Beck - just because I feel some hunger doesn't mean I have to eat. Kudos for your victory by just forgetting about being hungry.

Any clues for me on doing Pilates? Felt that I must be doing something wrong to ache that much from such seemingly simple moves.

Sending supportive thoughts for all the stuff for going through divorce. Kudos that you have some strategies so you won't have to eat your way through the stress and pain.

Readers -
Quote:
Success Skill 6 experiment 6
Prove that you don't need to eat when you're upset.
They just don't know what else to do. Or else they feel entitled to eat whenever they feel distressed, telling themselves, If I'm distressed I should be able to eat. Your body processes calories in the same way, whether you are happy or in distress.

The Complete Beck Diet for Life, pg 86
Old 04-04-2009, 06:56 AM   #33  

bill first pilates class! I've never had a personal trainer but I find certain class instructors as encouraging as I can take! LOL at reptilian brain agent. Great idea on the Spanish lessons; I can learn to say credit moi in Spanish.

wndranne dropping weight! I hit a new low yesterday myself; are we shedding for warm weather?

tera 100% WI down! Calorie counting will train you not to be a perfectionist if you stick with it. Hope the ultrasound was effective. I had it once at the therapist and it was very helpful.

Athenawith heart Looking forward to hearing from you!

Robin focusing on making time to diet; it's so easy to consider diet planning nonessential and push it off the todo list. listening to your good food craving!

onebyone scholarship win! You are SO CLOSE to all this stress being behind you. It's not reasonable to expect a lot of yourself in the diet area, keep giving yourself credit for every positive behavior, no matter how small, and let go of the "not enough" thoughts for a few weeks. You haven't given up and that's enough right now.

WI - new low yesterday; all gone today Oh well. Enjoying being back with my healthy food and gym classes. Fighting that tendency to work harder, eat less, lose more; this is what trips me up, I push too hard and can't keep it up. I'll still losing so I don't need to change a thing just because I have a 3 day trip; I'm just setting myself up to go crazy at the buffets there! Luckily I have 2 months to work on my thinking

to all.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:34 AM   #34  

Height: 5'7"

Coaches/Buddies Yesterday was an on plan day. Hard run completed. Good food compliance, even with a lunch out to a nice place, and a dinner with fast food (Panda--one of the better choices as far as these things go).

Then freak accident. As I bent down to pick up my daughter last night, she jumped, and the top of her head contacted me in the face. I don't know exactly what happened. I have a tricky jaw anyway, and I was suddenly in all kinds of pain. All the muscles and tendons in my face were screaming, I bit my tongue hard, my nose and teeth were both whacked. DD is OK, upset that she hurt me. I cannot believe how painful that was--I'm guessing the jaw was slightly dislocated on impact and just yanked everything in my face in directions it wasn't supposed to go. I took some pain meds and went to sleep about 7 pm. Today I'm still sore, with some swelling in my jaw and tongue, but otherwise feel better. I'm not going to be eating anything hard or chewy today for sure.

Anyway, weight down again this morning. I need to make a soft food plan for today, and am not going to be doing any exercise to speak of so I don't jolt my head around.

I'll be back tonight with personals. Just quick to onebyone and congrats on your scholarship.

Anne
Old 04-04-2009, 10:04 AM   #35  
stand-up philosopher

S/C/G: 276/260/???

Friday report

89% OP (food, supplements, pool, ultrasound therapy x2, AI, 3FC, careful moving, electronics)
Oh, well. Late night at friends meant late bed time.

Extra Credit: Makin' soup! Having about half the carrot cake I was wanting and waiting until the movie was about to start to eat it.

I've used it three times so far, and the ultrasound device does seem to have some benefit. The effects are supposed to be cumulative and the instructions say I can use it up to 3 times a day, so I'm going to do it morning and night for at least the first week. I'm supposed to use it three weeks (less frequently on the third week) then take a week off. Then repeat as necessary. Eventually, I may be able to stop using it on a schedule, only "occasionally if symptoms return".

I may need surgery anyway, but while I'm saving up for that, if i can restore even some mobility and comfort, it'll have been well worth the money.

Athenawithheart: to the thread and to your whole new life! Sorry to hear about your relationship with your ex. Congrats for starting anew. Sounds like you'll be much happier and healthier.

Judging by your profile info, you've already come a long way! Your ex wasn't just hurtful and sabotaging... he was wrong! Every diet book you've ever picked up probably had at least one useful tool in it. The more tools in your lifestyle tool box, the better off you are.

Robin: You only have one you, and it's irreplaceable. Have you ever just taken a moment to weigh the consequences of taking "me" time, against the consequences of not doing it?

Good luck at the shop today. I hope everything goes very quickly and you find yourself free with some time to spend on yourself.

onebyone: for earning the Scholarship!! for the attitude of determination!

Bill: Ouch for being sore from pilates. Sounds like you got an excellent work-out! for unscheduled weight lifting!

Yes, they are certainly muscovies... I had a closer look at the female yesterday afternoon and there was a lovely irridescense in the dark patches.

LOL for calling them my pets. I'm not the only resident who has been feeding them. I saw the neighbors across the walkway doing the same.

I feel a sort of kinship for these displaced birds. Construction was supposed to continue throughout our entire low-rent neighborhood, but plans were stalled when the economy crashed. Plans now are to complete construction in the areas already demolished and postpone new phases until at least 2011.

If things had continued at the pace they were going, our city would have had an even bigger homeless problem than what we're getting from the failed mortgages. Only the very well off will be able to afford the new "sustainable urban environment" planned for this neighborhood.

Okay, angst-time over.

Davidette: Your positive attitude continues to shine - you are such an example to me! for recognising the temptation to "stretch the rubber band too far" as Dr. Blackburn would put it. The image is of pulling on a rubber band until it snaps, and of course, the tighter you pull, the more likely and harder it will.

Anne: for being OP! Yeeouch on collision! (Is this something that should be x-rayed?) Nothing hard or crunchy... smoothie time?
Old 04-04-2009, 11:13 AM   #36  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Thumbs up Saturday check in

Good Morning coaches

I inadvertently tricked myself into exercise this morning (credit my subconsious here) by wanting to step on the wiif fit and just get my weight (I was down 3.5lbs from 5 days ago so credit this too) and once I did this
I figured I may as well go into the activity menus and do a few of the exercises and then at 15 min I just did 15 more and I did my exercise for the day. Credit moi.

I am also realizing that sticking around deserves its own credit so credit for me sticking around and today I actually feel like eating green things and so I plan to get them by making some soup with some of my long lingering broccoli in the fridge--or my cabbage--or both. I'll look for a recipe. My soup pot is already soaking in the sink so I'm serious!

twilit tera Happy to hear you have another tool for healing/fighting the pain. I too have heard good things about ultrasound. Big Credits for deferring the joy of carrot cake until the movie. Yay!

wndranne Oooo I felt your pain with the accidental collision! oh a BIG CONGRATS for no longer being obese! Awesome! And more credits for running and continuing to shed pounds. So great.

davidette
Quote:
Fighting that tendency to work harder, eat less, lose more; this is what trips me up, I push too hard and can't keep it up.
I fight this kind of thinking everyday. In fact I was looking around at all my books wondering where the "best diet plan I have" ... and "best" means losingweightthequickestwayIcanIdon'tcareifithurtsor isbadIjustwanttheweightoff and that's the way it feels: like an emergency. As if I could even do this! Supremeo sabotaging thought here. This takes time and consistency. It's the only way. I have to accept this. I have to. Thanks for reminding me. Credit to you for continuing to lose and recognizing this is good enough!

BillBlueEyes Kudos for doing the pilates and for continuing to puish beyond your comfort zone-very literally at that! That soreness is from all those other muscles you have that don't need to come forward in your regular routine. It's inspiring that you are not complacent. Kudoskudoskudos.

It never even occured to me to eat the pasta I bought. I actually see it as art material... it was your note that actually reminded me that it was food! I bought it strictly for colour and shape, picturing whether it would make a good pine tree or not! Have you taken your bike out yet?

RobinW Kudos indeed on your sprouts. Yay! Well I had a hunch you felt the same way about a lack of success in the realm of weight vs in the world. We will both get there in all our goals. I do see all the good I have done in the world. I try really hard to support others and to be a positive force. I want people to be glad to see me when I walk into a room, or at the least be indifferent. My sister once said she wanted people to feel fear when she walked in. Well I feel fear when I think of her so she succeeded but I sure don't want that! And yes, I will PM you for support. Feel free to do the same.

And to Athenawithheart

to everyone. Have a great Saturday.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:12 PM   #37  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Landlord just left: had the lease renewal talk!! He wants to leave everything the same, so we signed on for 2 more years! You have no idea how much of a relief that was! I was terrified he was going to not only raise the rent, but raise it beyond our means. *whew* Wild relieve doesnt even come close to how this talk made me feel!!

Got here nice and early this morning, and got the orange shirts all done. Im amazed at the orange fuzz all over everything. I never would have thought t-shirts were so dusty!

onebyone~ Kudos for your unplanned exercise!! Ive been thinking about getting the wii just for the wiifit. Not only will I use it, but my dd might think it's cool and want to do it too. She isnt over weight, but loves her sugar fix. Im still thinking on it.

Bill~Kudos for your unplanned weight lifting, and good on you for being careful!!
The Buffalo economy is a bit different from the rest of the country. Our real estate market hasnt bottomed out, in fact its still doing well and the prices havent dropped. Its taking on average 3months to sell a house compared to 2 weeks (2 yrs ago)
We are finding businesses are closing, but usually something else opens right up in the same location. Often we've done work for those folks, and they recommend us to the new tenants. Strange circle of life for our business, but it's keeping us busy. We've also noticed alot more folks starting up their own businesses on the side and are coming in for signage and clothing. Its been interesting to see the shift in our clientelle.

Tera~ what happens to me is....we get quiet and I dont plan my "work day" because I can get it all done. But when things pick up, it takes me a few weeks to get all my ducks in a row so that I can plan my "me" time. I do it quite well when things are hoppin in here. Im working on it.

I'll be back later....work is interrupting
Old 04-04-2009, 01:38 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 220/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy A little too much TGIF...

Beck – WI-down 1 lb. – new low! Like Anne, my weight seems to be dropping like a rock. And I also think some of this is water, so I expect a jump in weight at some point. Read my cards and made a plan for the day. Credit!
Exercise – op and I met my goal of 4-45 minute sessions this week - Credit moi!
Food – Ooftah! I went off plan yesterday by almost 300 calories. A chunk of that was an unplanned beer and the rest was just little off-plan snacks during the day yesterday. I set up my calories so that I eat about 300 calories more on Fridays and Saturdays than I do the rest of the week. To balance out my off-plan Friday, I’ve made my food plan for Saturday to reduce it down to the calories I’d have on a typical weekday.
] athenawithheart

Kim Hope you slept well!

Anne No longer obese – how exciting! Being op really seems to work for you! While some of those 17 lbs churn would have happened even if you had been op, you would have seen less weight increase and more decrease. Ouch for losing so much sleep; it’s great that you took the day off from exercise…

davidette I’ve heard this about diet drinks before. (http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/OnCall/Sto...4271246&page=1) Quitting drinking diet soda just might help you lose more weight – who’da thunk?

Bill Pilates scares me, so credit tu! I do 15 minutes of yoga a day, and all the poses that have me standing one-legged just kill me. But eventually I figure I’ll be able to do them without shaking and putting my foot down. Mac and cheese – it is a trigger food for me… Perhaps baking it in individual serving dishes rather than in a casserole? Seeing clearly that you are literally eating a second serving, might help bolster your resistance muscle.

Robin Good luck finding a way to fit dieting into your schedule. Owning your own business is so time-consuming, it’s no wonder it is a challenge.

one by one for your attitude. You are right to focus on the fact that school is almost over. Without the stress and time commitments, you will have more time at your disposal. And congrats for your scholarship – that is very, very cool!

Tera 100% op and low scale readings! Calorie counting isn’t too bad when you get used to it. I find the first month is the most time-consuming (starting Beck was the same way though right?). I use My Food Diary, but any good electronic tool will automate enough so that you’ll have easy access to the calorie counts for the foods you eat all the time. The best part of an electronic tool though are the reports that help you track your food / exercise over time. It helps me to see when I’m slipping either by eating too much or exercising too little… Good luck!

I’ll do Saturday personals in my post later tonight. Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-04-2009, 05:34 PM   #39  

Coaches/Buddies Quite a day so far today. I'm trying to squeeze this in during naptime, but if I have to leave in the middle of personals, I'll finish up tonight.

Woke up this morning with some dizziness and nausea so went to the ER to get it checked out. No signs of concussion or brain bleeding, so I got sent home with the information that I could expect to be like this for a few days, take it easy, and got a fresh new painkiller prescription.

Today's plan is pretty much blown. I'm going to try to stick as closely as possible the rest of the day, but the narcotics make the judgment a bit fuzzy and I'm still too sore to chew anything substantial, like raw vegetables. But I figure any day with an ER visit means eating on plan isn't my number one priority and that's ok, given how often I go to the ER.

davidette Good luck on giving up diet Coke. I do that myself, periodically, but always seem to drift back. Right now, I'm just trying to keep it out of the house. I think it sets a horrible example for the kids.

Congrats on recognizing that slow and steady will get you there, and desperate pushes won't. I remind myself it is about a year from now, and not a week from now.

Bill I'm afraid of Pilates. Glad you gave it a whirl. Did you think that by portioning your mac & cheese like you did, you get to eat it for more days? I bet it gets better with time too. Smart thinking.

I think I'll have to get the pics in a few days.

Tera Nice work on your 100% Thursday and 89% Friday.

I've calorie counted since the beginning. It is sort of automatic for me now. I do my counts in a notebook so I can take it with me when I travel and am not dependent on any given site.

Cool ducks!

Glad to hear your US doodad is giving you some relief!

Athenawithheart What does it mean you are a triathlon chica? I am also a triathlon chica and frequently compete in the Athena class myself.

Most people try a bunch of diets before finding one that works for them. You are in good company!

RobinW I don't know how to help you figure out how to budget "me" time, other that say that you will find a way, and it is very important.

I'm glad you are busy and am picturing you covered in orange dust! Also happy to hear you got your lease renewed with favorable conditions.

onebyone I can't wait to see your shiny diploma and your macaroni masterpiece!

Do keep trying! Once I figured out that when I put all the energy and self-discipline I used in other areas of my life into taking care of my health, there was no looking back. Weight loss is simple but not easy, right? So are a zillion other things in life. We can handle those, and we can handle this too, if we choose to. Not every time is the right time though, because it does take focus and time. RobinW that goes for you, too. And me.

Once I made a list of all the really hard things I had done in my life and all the successes I had. It really helped me to feel like I could do pretty much anything that I wanted to. Sounds very Beckian.

Nice working tricking yourself into exercising!

ChinaMaine Don't know about you but I am surfing this weight loss wave! I'm halfway to my next 5 lb goal already, although I do expect a bump up after today. I think adjusting your Saturday plan in a reasonable way makes very good sense.

See everyone tomorrow.

Anne

Last edited by AnneWonders; 04-04-2009 at 05:36 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:17 PM   #40  
Triathlon chica

S/C/G: 270/182.5/??

Height: 5'6"

Credit: I AM NO LONGER "OBESE"!!! Wow, I never thought this day would come. For now I've chosen not to set a final goal weight, though. I'm just focusing on my eating and exercising and not worrying so much about the number.

It's funny because I've been eating *more* because I've been losing weight pretty rapidly, but the more I eat, the more it just keeps coming off. So I can't really complain.

Re: Pilates:
I'm only a beginner to pilates. I think my biggest tip is just try to be consistent! The more you do it, the more you will improve. And generally it's my experience that the improvement will be slow, then fast. IE - you may not be able to do half of the set, but then one day you just will.

Anne: I do triathlons, too! So far I've only done sprint distance ones, though. I'm hoping to do an Olympic distance in August. I swam with a master's group for the first time this morning, and had a blast, even though I did have to sit out some of the sets and eventually had to put on fins. It is the most yardage I've ever done.

The athena thing is actually a weird debate for myself. Because I might be able to win at athena weight. But if I get to, say, 158, I'm not *purposely* going to eat more to stay at athena weight. Part of the reason I'm not setting an ultimate goal weight and just focusing on eating healthy and exercising.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:52 PM   #41  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Im back

Davidette~ I managed to give up diet coke about 8 yrs ago. I substituted it with water. Now when I have a diet soda, its diet pepsi. Only because I dont like it as much as the coke, and in 8 yrs I havent gotten hooked on diet pepsi. I usually only have these on either really hot summer days, or days Im spending hours and hours at the heat press. I WILL NOT ever ever drink another coke classic!! Talk about an addiction! I'll have a coke zero maybe once a year. I think Ive had 3 since they came out with it. Im too scared of getting hooked on it again.

You can do it, once you get it out of your system, dont let it back in. Sub the occasional diet soda with a different flavour.

Anne~ Im glad you went to the ER to get checked out. That sounded like quite an intense pain reaction!

ChinaMaine~

I managed about an hour of "me" time tonight. Right after supper, I got my grocery shopping started. Tomorrow is veggie shopping.

Ive been trying to color my hair for almost a month....I got it done tonight

.....tomorrow is all about me

Have a wonderful evening folks!
Old 04-04-2009, 10:38 PM   #42  
Triathlon chica

S/C/G: 270/182.5/??

Height: 5'6"

Davidette, I *finally* gave up diet soda last month after 6-8 months of trying. I was pretty addicted to Diet Mtn. Dew and regular Pepsi. I'd have 1-2 regular Pepsis a day, or 2-3 Diet Dews.

How did I finally give it up? I dunno. Wish I had the answer. I think it was a combination of perseverance - I just kept at it and didn't let myself get frustrated that it was taking a while. And another Web site I'm on did a no-sugar challenge, and *all* soda was part of that challenge. So I buckled down and did it.

I do have coffee, though. I have regular in the a.m., and sometimes decaf at lunch. The only other beverage I have is juice or chocolate milk as fuel or recovery for long workouts.

I have so much more energy - it's amazing. And I don't crave soda any more. Water tastes so cool and refreshing.
Old 04-04-2009, 11:17 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 220/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile Saturday

Beck – WI-not today… I did not read my cards, but did make a plan for the day. Credit! I’ve had a full week without fatigue -
Food – op. Exercise – op. Did the MFC core workout for the first time. I don’t think I’ve ever done side crunches before, or ‘the swim’. Both were pretty challenging…
Bill I too am sick of the rain. I know March was unusually sunny, but I’m not enjoying the fact that April seems to be unusually rainy… Credit for the heavy lifting!

davidette It is nice to return to old routines, isn’t it? Credit that the routines you welcome involve exercise and healthy eating!

Anne Wow – your accident sounds like it was pretty freaky. Hope you feel better soon. Yes, I’ll agree it is fun riding the waves.

Tera Credit for being 89% op! Is the ultrasound meant to reduce inflammation?

one by one Congrats for sneaking up on the wii fit and eating leafy greens!

] athenawithheart for leaving the ‘obese’ club.

Robin
Old 04-05-2009, 06:23 AM   #44  

wndranne CREDIT good food compliance even with 2 meals out! face injury, glad you got it checked out and are following instructions to take it very easy for a while. I'll add
Quote:
it's about a year from now, not a week from now
" to my "weight loss is a side effect" response card. It's starting to sink in!

teraCREDIT working out resistance muscle with carrot cake. Thanks for the rubber band analogy, keeping that visualization should be helpful.

onebyone CREDIT wii fit exercise WI down "green thing" soup!

robin lease renewal relief! for the encouragement on quitting diet coke addiction; its encouraging to hear it's possible to do long term. 8 years! I've got 5 days behind me and don't plan on EVER having another coke or pepsi. Hope this is the time it "sticks". for a "me" day; enjoy!

ChinaMain new low! CREDIT preparing mentally for inevitable scale rebuttal. meeting weekly exercise goal! Kudos for handling off-plan eating with responsibility (switching with Saturday). for the link on diet drinks; I can use all the scary scientific data I can find for motivation! a week without fatigue! CREDIT challenging core workout.

Athenawithheart on leaving "obese" behind and CREDIT not focusing on a number. Kudos on giving up diet soda; perseverance through 6 to 8 months is impressive! Are you still on "no-sugar"? That's got to be really hard; among other things, they sneak it in all kinds of food. I know I've been in a state of dehydration much of the time; water is SO much more satisfying physically. for the encouragement!

Bill You know what that Pilates soreness means, don't you? You have to keep going with it to finish the muscle breakdown/build up cycle. Kudos on protecting your back; a chiropractor told me he saw more injuries from parents leaning in the car to pick up toddlers than any other activity.

WI up this morning; I knew a rebound was going to show up but it's never pleasant. Supposed to be nice weather today so I've promised to do yard work instead of the gym. Picking up sticks and raking never seems like a workout; I think I'll wear my HR monitor and see what my calorie expenditure is; probably the same as an exercise class, just not crammed into 1 hour!

to all.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:45 AM   #45  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Sunday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - On my walk I didn't stop at a food store, but did stop to buy a tightly covered pyrex dish suitable for bringing my lunches to microwave at the office. CREDIT moi. Finally faced my doubts that the "microwave approved" plastic containers were safe just because Glad said that they were.

I'm moved by today's Beck quote; that some people never think of using food to comfort themselves. I suppose that it's as common as it is fallacious to assume that others think like we do. E.g. that there is great comfort in a second serving of mac and cheese. In her first book Beck makes the point that thin people do pay attention to what they eat - encouraging us to let go of the fantasy that thin is easy. But this comfort thought strikes me because many posters on 3FC receive comfort when they overeat.

onebyone - Yep, sticking around deserves it's own credit; Kudos for sticking around whether you feel like it or not. As Beck would say, your body uses the exercise whether it was vertent or inadvertent.

Thanks for the reminder to get my bike out. There is a nearby farm that I could ride to for summer veggies; never made it last year.

Robin (RobinW) - Yay for two years of knowing what your rent will be. Interesting that your shop is positioned to receive a positive kick as people start small businesses. Kudos for being there. Have a satisfying "about me" day today.

Anne (wndranne) - Ouch for the freak accident with your DD. Sending consoling thoughts to her for enduring the agonizing thought of hurting her mom. Sending healing thoughts to you through your pain and narcotics. Kudos for the clarity of mind to go to the ER. Apparently, most people with head blows don't.

Yep, it's easier to leave unserved mac and cheese knowing that it will become leftovers. It lasts a long time in the fridge, growing better by the day.

Oh, and Kudos, Mrs. Lincoln, for the stellar day up til then.

Tera (twilit tera) - Yay for the ultrasound making a difference; hope that continues. And Kudos for making your soup; life can only be better with homemade soup, LOL.

davidette - Kudos for planning about your buffets two months ahead; buffets without a plan are the cruelest table to face. However, with a plan and with an attitude that it's just a visible menu from which to choose, I find they can be a joy.

ChinaMaine - Congrats for the new scale low and for, also, "dropping like a rock." Kudos for the OP exercise week. And Kudos for continuing with your one legged yoga even when it "kills you."

Your suggestion for individually baked servings is a good one for me to remember. It would never occur to me to go for an extra dish. You remind me that It would also be wise to remove the serving dish from the table after serving.

Athenawithheart - Congrats for leaving obese. Kudos for the clarity of your goal to focus on eating and exercise rather than numbers. Interesting observation that losing weight has the negative impact of dropping you into a more difficult triathlon class. Reminds me of my moment of outrage when I first started and discovered that the benefits of walking a mile decreased as I lost weight. I felt robbed, LOL.

Readers -
Quote:
Success Skill 6 experiment 6
Prove that you don't need to eat when you're upset.
People who have never had a weight problem, as well as successful maintainers, don't rely on food to comfort themselves. The former often don't because it doesn't even occur to them, and the latter don't because they know that they simpley can't - not it they want to keep their weight down.
The Complete Beck Diet for Life, pg 87
Closed Thread