Old 03-29-2009, 09:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: Check My Ticker! :D

Height: 5'6"

Exclamation An Invitation To All 3fc'ers Without A "Diet" Plan (And Everyone Else!)

I have finally figured out (after what? 3 months on here? lol) how I'm going to lose the weight.

Anyone who is like me and was looking here, there, and everywhere for the perfect plan is welcome to join me. Those of you who already have a plan, you too are welcome to add this to it. (lol, I make it sound like it's some newfangled patented idea! I'm just so excited!)

I believe this is the easiest thing I've ever come across. Thus making me feel so ridiculous for not having thought of and tried it already.

1. Drink a gallon of water every day.
2. Portion control.
3. Walk 2 miles every day.

These may all vary for everyone, but obviously they are very simple and straightforward. For a little more explanation :

1. Drink a bottle of water before I eat, and while I'm walking. Also, always have a bottle handy for when I get hungry or thirsty or bored during work, etc.
2. When getting food, put however much I want on the plate. Then cut each portion in half and put it back.
3. Walk a half a mile 4 times a day. (Average day; once in the morning, once before work, once after work, once before bed)

I'm not sure what I weigh now, so I'm just going to guesstimate that I need to lose 125 pounds. I know everyone's body works differently, and we all lose weight differently. My hope is that I can lose this weight in a year, and reach onederland in six months.

WHO IS WITH ME?
redreine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:48 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I think I would start with how much my current weight is.

Last edited by bargoo; 03-29-2009 at 10:09 PM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:53 PM   #3  

S/C/G: Check My Ticker! :D

Height: 5'6"

Well I would've done that right now, but we have no scale here.

I weigh myself at my grandparent's house, and I haven't had the chance to in awhile. I planned on doing so tomorrow when I go wish my papaw Happy Birthday.
redreine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Weighing once a week is OK. I thought you were making a guess about your actual weight. I am curious about a gallon of water, I don't thinlk I could drink 128 ounces or water in a day.

Last edited by bargoo; 03-29-2009 at 11:28 PM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/130

Height: 5'5

I like your idea. I just started WW at home almost 4 weeks ago to get a grip on my portion control and know that when I drink a ton of water...at least 10-12 glasses worth, I lose faster. Just make sure you space at your water and vast amounts at once...that can actually be dangerous.
Good luck!
hotcubanmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:26 PM   #6  

I'll join you RedReine. I could definitely use a little simplicity. I've been starting and stopping this plan and that plan to the point where I don't want to count another gram or unit or point of anything! So this sounds like a good plan.
WaistingAweigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 01:23 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 175/175/140

Height: 5'4

Yep, that is it in a nutshell! Water, portion control, exercise.
I know what I need to do---It is just getting motivated and staying motivated. That is the hard part!!!
Gilligan is offline   Reply With Quote