Old 04-03-2009, 05:57 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/120

Height: 5'1"

Smile TGIF to EVERYONE

Today has been struggle. I have been having a real hard time getting all my food servings in. I am not so hungry and or thirsty today. Maybe because I am tired....it's been a long week.

I try to breakdown my meals as follows and if I do follow it I feel more in control and I think from what I remember I tend to lose more per week.
  • 6:00 am......Breakfast
  • 9:00 am......Mid morning snack
  • 12:00 pm....Lunch
  • 3:00 pm......Mid PM Snack
  • 6:00 pm......Dinner
Exercise:
Well I did not get an opportunity to get any form of excercise in yesterday. However, today I will try to jump on the treadmill.

I wanted to ask everyone what are your immediate mini-goals you would like to see, feel or do.

Here are some of mine.
  • Cross my legs comfortably
  • Put on my seat belt comfortably
  • Buy a purse with narrow purse straps
  • Wear an ankle bracelet (regular size w/o an extender)
  • Have at least 5 people who are unaware that I am dieting notice a change
  • Walk up the three flight of stairs to my son's classroom (without pausing or huffing and puffing) on next report card night
  • Buy a pair of knee high boots (of course for winter) where the zipper can actually close because my calf is not too wide
kennedy5672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:54 PM   #32  
Amy

Hey guys!

Just wanted to check in with you guys regarding our summer goals!

Kennedy- I don't know your name, but I am in Jersey too. South of course... you should oin the Friends and Losers thread! We love new people!!! I love your minigoals and have to agree with most if not all of them!

I have 18 pounds tolose by May22nd. That's my summer goal (to start!)

I am pumped!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:57 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

i a slowly but loosing slowly. Wish it was more but I am , not complaining. Seems i can not loose unless I do takeoff which I began today. I will stay on plan and not waiver.

Kennedy,
I have good days and bad, I think if you feel you can't eat everything don't. make cut out a snack? Just keep at it you are doing great!!!

I think your mini-goals are great and all things you can accomplish.

Jersey,
My summer goals are on track however the weight is not coming off as quickly as I wish.

My first mini-goal was to easily slide on my wedding ring which was accomplished.

i would love to wear shorts without constantly pulling at
them

i have more but baby will not let me type
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:13 PM   #34  

Default Hello Everybody!

Hey Jersey! My name IS Kennedy and I live in Northern New Jersey (Clifton). I am excited about about breaking the two hundred mark and entering "Onederland" as they say. Good luck with your summer goal I am sure you will get to it if you stick to your regimen 100%. That is why I like LA Weightloss, if you follow the plan closely the pounds will come off.

MommyofSix:
Wow I remember that at one time sliding on my wedding ring was a big goal for me which yes I have accomplished too. As far as my other rings, well that is going to take some time. And shorts you will be there before you know it. I have not wore shorts in so many years probably over 12 years. Who knows maybe this and a lot of other stuff will change for me.

Well I have not exercised is two days but today I jumped on the treadmill for awhile. I didn't want another day to slip away. I went to a Diner today and I had their Broiled Flounder and I was so disappointed because it tasted so salty. I have never had flounder before and this was not a pleasant experience. I had their Salmon from there before and it was great. I wanted to try something different cause I have never been a big fish eater. I know that I am going to have to drink extra water today.

Well my DH also told me that we are going to Georgia to visit his brother for a couple of days. I believe we are leaving Tuesday night and coming back on Friday. We will be staying in his home and I am a little nervous because I am afraid of not having access to the proper food. I made a list of things that I can possibly bring with me. I remember last time I went there I tried to find Ground Turkey which was a challenge and then when we found it the price was outrageous. Also, my brother-in-law is a Vegan so maybe there might be things in his house that are compatible with the LA Weightloss Plan.

I was thinking about bringing some soy milk for protein, some cans to Tuna-Fish, maybe some meal replacements. I have the biscotti that I know is considered a fruit and starch. I was also thinking about bringing some baby carrots, my Wasa Crisps, some raisins in their individual boxes and of course my protein bars. I hope they have my Yogurt

Any advice or suggestions I will be forever grateful.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:48 AM   #35  

Kennedy
Traveling is hard. it seems like when I am on vacation I think I have to eat everything in sight. The snacks you mentioned sound good. I would just try to get in some extra water that always seems to help. If your brother in law is a vegan I am sure he will have some snacks that would keep you one plan (they may not be to good though). soy milk is a good idea or maybe some unsalted nuts. We went on a hike this weekend and I took my nuts, an apple and a lite and made a trail mix. It was really good and easy and helped me make it another mile.

My summer goals:
To be able to wear the summer clothes I already own
To be able to wear shorts with confidence
To be able to walk my neighborhood without getting out of breath

I am sure there are many more goals I just do not want to get overwhelmed right now.

I have started exercising and I was actually up 4 oz this morning. which is quite disappointing and I feel I have been doing better this past week than ever before. I am not going to give up though. I am keeping at it.

Good luck this week and have a great Monday!!!
Old 04-06-2009, 01:27 PM   #36  

Talking POPing at Work

Good Day to all my fellow Summer Slim Down Buddies

"MommyofSix" thank you for the idea of the trail mix. I am going to put it on my list of things to do and bring.

It can be quite challenging to try to fit in some exercise time. Many people don't believe that but I do. With so many things going on within the household with the various family members it is quite interesting to have uninterrupted time to fit in the exercise. Keep it up the determination and you will do great.

Last edited by kennedy5672; 04-06-2009 at 01:30 PM.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:39 PM   #37  

Kennedy

Thank you for the support I greatly appreciate it. I am going to keep up with the exercise at least 5 days a week. It is hard to fit it in but my husband is being supportive and so are the kids, they are being good about keeping the baby out of the way as when I lay down he thinks that is an inviation to tackle me. So i have started lifting him over my head a few time and figure that has to help seeing as he is 25 pounds.

also with the trail mix, I did not even think but put in some kind of high fiber ceral. that would add some crunch as well as that fiber we all need..

i am at lunch right now have to get back to work..
Old 04-06-2009, 04:23 PM   #38  

My tip for the day

Dieting on the road

1. Plan ahead. Enjoy local fresh specialties, farm stands.
2. Understand the menu. Watch out for high-fat warnings, such as fried, buttery, au gratin, etouffé, sautéed, rich, creamy, and breaded. Ask about sauces, toppings, methods of preparation. Always choose grilled. Beware of the breadbasket.
3. Think outside the box. Many fast food places have added healthy options and even offer fruit as a side dish.
4. Watch portion sizes.
5. Be salad savvy. Some have more calories than a
6. Watch the alcohol. Choose light beer or wine rather than hard liquor and sweetened drinks.
7. Be aware of your emotional response. If you eat more than you plan, seeing it as a catastrophe will only set you up for failure. Get back on track at your next meal, and try for extra activity.
8. Plan pleasures other than food or drink — including physical activity. Park farther away, and walk when sightseeing.
9. Hold a family meeting ahead of time and discuss ways you can help each other eat less and stay active.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:28 PM   #39  
Amy

Hi Kennedy! Welcome!!

I cannot wait to start walking around the town park again. From my house, around the park once, and home again is 2 miles.

I have 2 big papers and a take home essay exam due this week, so there is no time for walking. I should be starting them now!!!

We will make this summer goal, I KNOW IT!
Old 04-06-2009, 06:52 PM   #40  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Amy I have another question about stewing the chicken, HA! I know I suck at cooking. HA! When you put the water in how much do you use? Or do you just get it a little wet? Sorry!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:32 PM   #41  
Cecilia

Ok never mind! I did it! I stewed the chicken all by myself and I made the Chicken salad and it was delish! I had it in half a pita! Yum! Thank you soo much for the idea! Next will have to be the pizza! Thanks again Amy M.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:38 AM   #42  

Cecilia- I am so glad you liked the chicken salad and you did well with the "stewing" see you are a cook after all.. Start out small and then move to the more complicated recipes. I have a new low fat desert that I am working on, i will share the recipe once I actually make it. that way I can get the measurements right. The chicken pizza is really good I tried a new variation on the BBQ the other night. I took the "stewed chicken" and put it in a bag and put some Fat free italian dressing and mixed it up. I did the pita the same way, except put the italian dressing down, then chicken, then took some 2% mozarella cheese on top, you could add onions or whatever else. It was really good and that taste of italian I was looking for. My next challenge is I am going to figure out how to make a good tomato sauce with fresh veggies to really make modified pizza. I will let you know what I come up with.

congratulations on your first day!1 keep it up.

Amy- I am so looking forward to the weather warming up and getting outside to walk. I live in a great neighborhood to walk and the great thing about it is the kids can all go with me and get some exercise too. Will be this weekend before we get outside because it is SNOWING is Tennessee can you believe it?

Kennedy- hope you had a great Monday!!
Old 04-07-2009, 02:29 PM   #43  

I found this article very interesting about choosing fruit.
Before you pick a watermelon, slap its side. Hear a hollow thump? It's ripe and ready to go.
Blueberries or Rasberries avoid containers where there is juice that is an indication that the berries are over-ripe
keep tomatos and banana's at room temp. if in the fridge they loose flalvor
Mangoes plums peaches stored at room temp. in a brown paper bag will ripen faster

Old 04-07-2009, 09:48 PM   #44  
Cecilia

BBQ Pizza! So excited! I making it right now! Amy and Kennedy I just want to say that I really appreciate your new ideas. I have been doing LA for a year and a half and I have never tried either of these recipes and I am so excited for these new options and for your support you gals are doing great! Love this group! Yeah!
Old 04-07-2009, 11:29 PM   #45  
Amy

Haha, I had a Lean Cuisine BBQ pizza tonight and it was so good! I will definitely be making it onmy own! So easy and SOOO good!