3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > General Diet Plans and Questions > LA Weight Loss

LA to Your Door

Old 01-28-2010, 12:45 PM   #31

Hi, I'm not sure where you live. I live in New York and the following is what I was told to use in place of the take off juice:

32oz of Knudsen "Simply Nutritious" morning blend juice.

I was also told that if I could not find the above juice that I could have two small oranges. 1 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon.

I was also told when the centers were open, that I could have Cantaloupe melon in place of the juice.

Please know that you do not have to buy their products to make the plan work. Also you don't have to do the Take Off phase either. I never did it - I started on my red plan immediately. I also never ate the bars. You don't need them and the plan works perfectly without them. Just add extra food to make up for not having the bars. I added an extra starch, 1/2 a protein, extra fruit and extra veggies.
Beejene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 05:47 PM   #32

S/C/G: 209.4/202.3/160

Height: 5'7"

Default La to your door

Can anyone tell me how I can get one of those weight loss trackers at the bottom of my posts?? I have been using LA to your door and I haven't had any problems. I did so well on LAWL five years ago, and after several failed diet attempts, I started back on it. I have lost 7.2 lbs in two weeks!!
ordiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:25 PM   #33

I just asked that same question on another thread on this site. I was told that you have to first have 20 posts and then you can get it from the drop down menu. If that information was not correct, can someone on this thread let us know.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:19 AM   #34

Height: 5'4"

Default LA To Your Door

I just tried to access the website and a message popped up that said, LA To Your Door is not available in your area". Strange because i did not even have the opportunity to enter a zip code or anything about my location.

When you use the Knudsen's Morning Blend juice, make sure you take out 6 ounces out of the jar and replace it with 6 ounces of water and add 6 Tbs of benefiber or fiber sure. That is what we were told. and is in the posts for the "recipes" for the Take Off Juice replacement.

Last edited by shshshhh : 03-07-2010 at 09:49 PM.
shshshhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:51 AM   #35

Default Re: Take off Juice

I just happen to be browsing this link and noticed you asked me for the recipe for the Take Off juice substitute. I'm real sorry but for some reason I never received an email that you responded to my post.

I will look for it and get back to you.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:57 PM   #36

S/C/G: 165/155/142

Height: 5'7"

Default What to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesskahle View Post
I wonder.... if we call these guys and tell them that they still owe us $$$$ in service if they will exchange it in product... wonder what they would say.???

Just joined this community! I am also so leary of giving LAWL ANY MORE of my money after being ripped off. But, it's the only thing that's really worked for me, and for whatever reason, it doesn't work (for me) w/out the bars!

I am still thinking about ordering. I did have a live chat with a customer service rep off of the LA TO YOUR DOOR website....and what she had to say (not surprisingly) was that she was sorry for my expericence w/ LAWL/PureWL, but they are a completely different company. She did what she could to convince me that my $$ are safe with them....but I'm not so sure. A name change does not = 'completely different company"

I will probably order, but not do any automatic shipments or advance payments.
scorpiogirl99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:17 PM   #37

Default Re: LA to your Door

Hi, like you LA Weight Loss was one of the only plans that worked for me "but" I follow it without the LA Lites because I am allergic to some of the ingredients. I also lost money when they went out of business like so many others however after a year of several unsuccessful attempts I went online and talked to the customer service people at LA To Your Door. I decided to take the plunge and sign up with them. They customized my plan since I can't eat the lites and I am dairy sensitive. I have been following the Rapid REsults plan which has been adjusted for me and its only been one week and I dropped 4 lbs.

Its a decision only you can make. As for myself, it was worth it because I didn't have to pay in advance for anything. I just signed up for the diet and decided to pay the $10 a month for on-line support for just the first two months - after that I will cancel it and sign up again if I hit a plateau or something.

Bonnie
Old 07-19-2010, 07:20 PM   #38

Default Take Off

You can now get the Take Off juice at LA To Your Door but if you don't want to purchase it I was told back when I belong to LA Weight Loss that you can substitute either one orange or 1/2 cantelope in place of the juice.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:42 PM   #39
Heather on purple w/lites

S/C/G: 194/189/145

Height: 5' 5"

I do three or four oranges when i do take off and it works great!
heathers73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 08:35 PM   #40

S/C/G: 188.8/163.6/150

Height: 5'6"

Default BArs

My wife and I have found that Detour Bars available at costco are really close to the specs on 2 LA LITE bars. (so I only have one a day) they are slightly less calories becuase they use less sugar. They cost (in Canada) 16$ for a box of 15. And they taste good.

And yes we lost a lot of money too, especially since we just paid 800$ for my daughter and son in law.

I wont order anything from LA.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:28 PM   #41

I wasn't even entirely sure that LAWL was still around. I too had to fight them for three months to get my refund. You have to pay to see what kind of plan you'd be on and I signed up to lose alot of weight. [never do that again]. Then I saw my meager food plan and I knew it wouldn't be enough and they wouldn't refund my money. They tried all sorts of things to try to talk me out of it. They said they tried to keep it real simple for people who don't like to count, etc. That is why they made no mention of avoiding transfats, etc. and just said things like "don't eat onions; they just turn to sugar in your body". (and take a synthetic supplement for their nutrients??). I kept calling the company and talking to whoever I could reach, and still no refund check despite being told "the check's in the mail." I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and saw lots of other complaints over refunds. That is how I finally got my check in the mail. I am sure the bars would be fine as far as diet bars and most other bars, but I didn't like that aspect of it.
thinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:59 PM   #42

Default It's legit i have ordered from them

Hello there,

La to your door is the La Weight loss, same thing just online and without conselours, for us that already know the diet we should follow it works pretty well if you can keep yourself motivated.
annacassell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:27 PM   #43

Default La WEight loss works

It does guys, really, I got tricked into the program like pretty much everyone else, however since they had 900 dlls of mine already I decided to give it a try, I started out at 204 pounds size 18W jeans, after the take off I was down close to 12 pounds in two days. I even checked their scale thinking they were messing with it, lol .....2 months later I was down to a size 15 jeans, 4 months later I was a size 8 jeans and 6 months later at 124 pounds and a size 6 jeans I started trying to get everyone I knew into the program, yes it was expensive but it was worth it for reals.

I had another baby and I gain the weight back but used the same program and was back down to size 6 in 4 months.

I had my last child and gain the weight back during the pregnancy, when I was ready to go back to the La I found out the centers had closed down. I tried the online shopping of their products but it's not the same I loved the ladies that worked at the center in Aurora, Colorado they were soooo loving and supportive they really made a difference for me. I am about to try it again through the LA to my Door website, and I am really REALLY hoping to be able to go back to my pretty skinny clothes soon enough.
annacassell is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.