Old 03-17-2009, 02:30 PM   #16  
Amy

Oh, and I decided to tackle this weightloss 5 lbs at a time, hence my new ticker. It's an attainable goal I think!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:35 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

I think 5 pounds is the way to do it. I just lost my first 5 and am so excited. So I am on to my next 5...
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:41 PM   #18  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Nicole View Post
Katie....go go girl. I have had a bad week or two, but monday morning....i am gonna kick the fatty's a$$......I will be back like normal next week and kicking some serious a$$.......with Katie.....and the rest of you
XOXO

Good thing, I need you!! The straw that broke the camels back for me is that I have a wellness expo in May where I am supposed to be doing Medical Intuitive readings, which scare the **** out of me. I really need to be looking and feeling my best in time for that.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 03:02 PM   #19  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

btw..if anyone is craving a shamrock shake from mcdonald's i found a healthier version:

fat free vanilla ice cream, milk (i used vanilla soy), mint extract and green food coloring. and blend in a blender. it's great and tastes awesome for little calories!

just thought i'd share. i've never had one before and not a huge mint fan, but it was super yummy.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 03:23 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Katie, No I haven't seen this nose ring yet. She has finals this week, so I probably won't see her until she is done with them. I did talk with her for over a half of an hour yesterday, but I didn't bring up the nose ring.

Jillian, I suppose the nose ring represents a last little rebellion.... but she is currently working for a hugely conservative company in their accounting/finance department where I don't think this sort of a thing would be looked upon at all favorably. So it seems like she is risking her employment by doing this (and I was hoping she'd work a lot of hours over the summer and we'd have a break financially).
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 03:45 PM   #21  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyMadchen View Post
Hey guys!

Happy St. Patty's day to you Irish peeps!! I didn't make my 5 lb goal for today, but that's ok. I was so stressed the last two weeks of school, I didn't eat right. It's funny, if I don't stay 100% POP, I will gain.

Even though I switched to WW, I am thinking of doing one month of LAWL. Just to see what happens.... I need a jumpstart.

Kimberly- we need to make our own little challenge.. we're so much alike!
LOL, No doubt! I was also thinking of doing LAWL with WW kinda alternate to see how that works!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 03:54 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 218/CW/130

Height: 5'4

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
loseforgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:27 PM   #23  
Amy

Shamrock Star!
Happy St. Patrick's Day, people! To celebrate, we've got a McDonald's-inspired Shamrock Shake swap that's sure to make Ronald green with envy. Creamy vanilla goodness with a hint of mint... Mmmmmm!

Ingredients:
3/4 cup light vanilla soymilk
1/2 cup Breyers Double Churn Free Creamy Vanilla fat-free ice cream
1 tbsp. Coffee-mate Sugar Free French Vanilla powdered creamer
1/4 tsp. peppermint extract
2 drops green food coloring
1 no-calorie sweetener packet (like Splenda)
1 1/2 cups crushed ice (8 - 12 ice cubes' worth)

Directions:
Place Coffee-mate in a glass and add 1 tbsp. very hot water. Stir until powder dissolves, and then transfer mixture to a blender.

Add all ot her ingredients to the blender. Blend at high speed until mixed thoroughly. Sláinte! (That's the Irish way of saying, "Cheers!" -- we know 'cuz we Googled it.)

MAKES 1 SERVING

Serving Size: 1 shake/about 12 oz. (entire recipe)
Calories: 176
Fat: 4g
Sodium: 142mg
Carbs: 29.5g
Fiber: 3.5g
Sugars: 16g
Protein: 7.5g

POINTS® value 3*
Old 03-17-2009, 04:28 PM   #24  
Amy

That's from Hungry Girl... sounds good...
Old 03-18-2009, 08:44 AM   #25  

Height: 5'6

Well I'm pretty sure I've already checked out and am on vacation....but I don't leave till next weekend! I just seem to be in vacation mode diet wise anyway. SO busy trying to get things done at work before I go away and just not being mindful of what I eat at all. Hopefully I don't do too much damage...right after Easter though...I am doing the fast forward again and getting back on program! I'm sure I will need the detox after vacation haha
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:07 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

I only lost one pound last week. I stayed 100% on plan and even exercised. I was slightly discouraged until this morning and I was able to put on my wedding ring without having to shove it down my finger and my co-worker said my face looked thin. So thats something right?
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 09:22 AM   #27  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

morning everyone. just thought i'd check in and say hi. not much going on with me today.
be back later.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:54 AM   #28  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi friends

Jillian.......I totally agree with you......Elliot is adorable......Ellie....not so much. I have found that people call my kids what I call them. Noone calls my Bethany Beth........for short sometimes it is Bethy........but mostly Bethany. My Natalie is Natalie.......not Nat....and my Andrew is Andrew.....not Andy or Drew. We intended on calling him Drew......I do love that name......but it just didn't feel right. So......we'll see, maybe when he is older we'll call him Drew......but everyone calls him Andrew. I think you will know when you see her what to call her. Either that, or when you are in labor, you can tell DH what you have chosen.......I cann promise you, he won't argue with you during a contraction..........

Barbara, Barbara, Barbara..........I would just hate it if one of my beautiful DD's pierced their nose. Is it under her nose, on her septum or on top to one side? I kind of think the top one, if it is a tiny diamond spec, can be kinda cute, but I am thinking that is not what she has if it is an actual ring. I am not completely against piercings.......I just am not particularily fond of those in the face. In any case, I think you are doing the right thing by not over reacting. Let me know how it goes when you see her.

Mommyof6......sorry, I forgot your name as I have been kind of scarce on here.........WTG on your first 6 lbs. After a big loss, there is almost always a losing break or smal loss. Just try try try to keep in mind that a downward trend is what gets people to their goals.......not huge losses each week. Your body needs time to make adjustments, and it is, and you are doing so well. Keep it up girlie

JerseyAmy......what kind of car are you getting? How exciting.

Kimberly.....I have thought of doing a LAWL WW combo. It would be like having the structure of LAWL to get all the food groups in, with bonus options for hard days. Not a bad idea at all. It could kind of be like lifelines on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. .

Katie.......how was T.O. I am super ready for MOnday. I would just start today, but I have to bake for the dentist.....and my parrents are coming on Friday morning....and I have been so bad, I just don't think I can do it until they are gone and I banish my home of goodies. I am super proud of you, and excited for your expo in May. Somehow, just getting back to taking care of yourself is all you need to keep that positivity flowing and step up to new challlenges....no matter what the sclae says. You can do this....and it is going to feel so good in a week or two .

So, you may ask, why I am baking for the dentist......well, yesterday, I took Bethany (13 yo DD) to the dentist to get the gap between her front teeeth filled. For years, we have been told she needed braces to fix it.......and then we find this wonderful new dentist who says her teeth are super straight, her bite is good, and she does NOT need braces after all......that he can add a small amount of bonding material between those teeth and mmake her smile even more perfect than it already is (his words). So, we go yesterday.........and it turned out gorgeous........andhe says, "hey Bethany, when is your birthday?" And she tells him in July, and he says, "Well, Happy Birthday," I was bit puzzled for a few......and we thanked him......and I asked the dental assistant if I needed her chart to check out, and she replied, "You don't have to check out.....this was a gift to Bethany from the dentist.....there will be no charge." I started crying. I hate that. Anyway, we located the dentist and thanked him properly when I realized what he meant. I then asked the assistant if he liked cookies, and she said, "OH YEAH........we all do....we are all pigs." I can't think of anything else I can do for them......except bake some coookies or bars or bread or something. I just want them to realize what a gift they really gave us. Her work was all cosmetic, but we couldnt' let her hate her smile any lobnger......and we really should not have spent the $$$ on such a procedure when there are so many expenses and DH just got a 10% pay cut (thank you recession)........but in any case, it was such a nice thing for him to do. It made me smile all day

Ok, have to run.....I have spent way too much time on the computer already. I have so much catch up work to do with the hospital last week and remodellig this week. I am sure I will be back later when I ought to be working
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:23 PM   #29  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Nicole- WOW!! What a wonderful gesture from you dentist. Bethany must be one special kid for him to be inspired to do that for her. And how exciting about fixing her smile!!! I did not do TO, just got back on track. I have been OP for 2 1/2 days now, and I am doing wonderful. I feel really good. You will get back on plan soon enough!

Mommyof6- Don't worry too much about the scale. The lbs are obviously coming off. Just keep at it!!

Barbara- I love your new avatar!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 12:29 PM   #30  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

OH YEAH..........I meant to tell you how much I love your new avatar too!!!! It is much better......we can see your pretty face in this one

Katie.....WTG!!!!!
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote