Old 04-25-2014, 02:10 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 413/380/199

Height: 5'8 1/2"

Cool Oh yes, it works...

I'm down 23 lbs since March 10, but more than that, I can say my appetite has really changed. I crave nutrient-rich foods, and the other stuff has quickly become tedious and annoying. I have not eliminated any class of foods, but I want to avoid lots of stuff that messes with my blood sugar, head, gut -

I don't do everything just as Jon suggests, for instance I weigh myself every day. It's necessary info for me, and a ritual that allows me to recommit to myself, get in touch with my body (I weigh naked,) and practice detachment from results-orientation and focus on process. It took me years to come to terms with the 'scale god,' but we are good now.

Also, I understand for me that hunger must be part of my plan of recovery. It's important that hunger doesn't freak me out and make my baby-brain think I'm going to die. I accept that I learn to accept some hungry times, knowing there's plenty of food around and that I can wait awhile.

I completely accept most of his conclusions, especially the part about working to reassure my limbic system it is SAFE to be thin. And the need to relax, eliminate high stress as a habit to reduce flight/fight/freeze reactions that lead to the primitive feelings of danger. Visualization is free online.

I'm not trying to get back to my modelling career, here - I just can't carry 400 pounds into my 60's. xo
LadyWagmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 09:30 AM   #17  

Default The Gabriel Method - one month in

I began my Gabriel method journey one month ago. No weight loss I don't think but some inches here and there. Gabriel says in his book that you may not see any weight change for a few months. For me it's been the change in my attitude to food. I don't snack in the evenings at all now, a big problem in the past. I have reduced my stress levels - but still lots of work to do here. I have tried to stay away from the scale but I think I'm hard wired to check regularly.

My digestion is much improved. I only need/want to lose 30 lb. I'm struggling with back and leg pain which has contributed to weight gain as well. I don't have "good" or "bad" food days anymore. They are all balanced and I juice to get more raw food. Eating organic can be expensive so I use moderation there. I wash all of my fruits and vegetables and look for animal protein that might not be organic but is either grass fed or no growth hormones. You get the idea.

Meditation and visualization are very powerful tools. I do both and I continue to benefit both in my personal and work life.

Congrats to all that are taking charge of their health. I don't expect to get back into my size 6 clothes either. However I do want to lose the weight and be healthy and fit enough to keep up with my husband and our grandkids!
BarkleMax is offline   Reply With Quote