Old 03-03-2009, 09:16 AM   #16  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

morning everyone. well, DD is home sick from school today. i guess she woke up at 530am all cranky and hot and when i got here she had a fever, so she's home from school. and the crappy part is i feel kinda icky too. DS got a flu shot this year, but DD didn't..but i don't know what she's got..so, we'll see. so it's just me and two kids today. ugh.
not much else happening for me today, i think one sick child, plus one rowdy 3yr old, plus being almost 32wks pregnant and extremely uncomfortable is enough for one day.

hope everyone has a good day. i'll be back later, i'm sure.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:44 AM   #17  
mom to 4 girls ~Elizabeth

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Jillian.. sounds like a perfect PJ day to me! Sorry your girlie is sick.
Amy.. I hope you enjoy your clean house!
Nicole.. enjoy getting back on the wagon today, it is nice to get back on track after the craziness. How is atkins working for you?
cecil.. welcome back from mexico.
Barb thanks for the motivation, good to hear
Dan I hope you are feeling better.

I was on plan the last to days perfectly and got all my water in. I even have been going to aerobics the last couple months. I hope to kick some serious butt today as I really want to be done by summer and maintaining. I need to get more groceries, shopping day is Sunday so that is good. Time for another Take off this weekend. Off to get in breakfast.

Last edited by 4princesses; 03-04-2009 at 12:44 PM.
4princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:53 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Wink

I am inspired by everyones weight loss. I hope to reach my goal by this winter.

Just started my plan one week ago. I wish I could say this is my first weightloss plan however it is not. I have struggled with my weight since I was 8 years old. I have had years where I have done well, but after my youngest, I just can't seem to loose the weight. I am at my heaviest. However, I do not look as heavy as I have in the past. Funny where your weight decides to go.

I need an exercise plan and am looking for advice. I joined LAWL and have my diet planned now I just need the exercise plan. I thought about an exercise tape, possibly something that starts out for beginners and slowly advances.

Anyway I enjoy reading everyones post it keeps me on track.

When it warms up I can go for walks with my youngest.
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:36 AM   #19  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Momof6!

An exercise tape is an good idea, just remember to start slowly. Almost all exercise DVD's will show an option for beginner, intermediate, and advanced moves (well, except for P90X, which almost killed me!). I know that the Leslie Sansone DVD's are good, and there are a bunch of Biggest Loser one's out there too. There is also a forum on this website that is called Exercise - and a lot of the DVD's are talked about there too.

Good luck, it's nice to have another member!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:16 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Thank you for your advice. My husband just told me to try his P90X and I watched about 2 minutes and it sort of scared me!
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:46 PM   #21  

Height: 5'6

Well I too had a crazy weekend. I was away again...on the go, and on a worknight went out to see my super talented rocker cousins play a show until like 3am. Probably not the smartest thing but I only get to see them every 2 or 3 years so it was well worth it! Mix in TOM and I was very off track. Yesterday I felt like I could not stop eating. I know it's cause I didn't get my water in....when I don't I always feel constantly hungry. Apparently my body mistakes thrist for hunger and my brain doesn't always realize that. Anyway...getting back on track. I have 25 days till I go away and my trip shopping for clothes this weekend was very depressing. I have so many cute summer clothes...they just don't fit right now All the more incentive to get into them by summer though. It killed me to spend so much money on new clothes that i only need because I got fat again! ARG
I think I finally kicked this flu bug that has been wearing me down though so will be back to the exercise this week!
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:21 PM   #22  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraB View Post
Kimberly, I had a bad weekend too, with my family in town and lot of big meals. Time to recommit. You might not have been so ready to start before, with a new baby and then a surgery. That is a lot, enough to put all sorts of people off track for awhile, so don't be harsh on yourself. Just focus one day at a time. I can be good for a day, and today I chose to be on plan. I hope to make the same choice tomorrow and the next day and to have a good weekend or two ahead... but right here, right now I'm just going to worry about today, and forget the past and not fret over how many tomorrows it might take to really make a big change.... We can do this. We can put a few bad days of eating behind us, and look forward to doing better.
Thanks so much!! You should be nominated as the "mom figure" of our board! lol I appreciate your insight and advice!!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:47 PM   #23  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

I know I just love Barbara! You are the Best lady wish you lived here I would adopt you! : )
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:12 PM   #24  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

I'm definitely a fan
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:34 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

thanks cecil and Kimberly.... I just know that we can all do this if we just stop beating ourselves up for not being perfect and keep trying.

I feel so very much better after being back on plan for a day or two.

Kristin, Just imagine how good it will feel to take those larger sized clothes to the good will a few short months from now. I got rid of almost all the clothes that I had before I lost weight. I also bought some clothes while I was losing. Gives a good shot in the arm to making a gal feel better.. and it was always after buying something new that people noticed that I was losing weight.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:39 PM   #26  

I think the world is against me today. After a late night work has been crazy today. Everyone complaining about something. Then to top it off....the windshield I JUST had replaced on Saturday got smoked with a rock today and now has a chip I need to fix immediately before it becomes a crack that will lead to me having to replace the windshield AGAIN!.
One of those days you just want to curl up and cry....

Tommorrow will be better? I hope
Old 03-03-2009, 04:45 PM   #27  
WonderWoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinx View Post
I think the world is against me today. After a late night work has been crazy today. Everyone complaining about something. Then to top it off....the windshield I JUST had replaced on Saturday got smoked with a rock today and now has a chip I need to fix immediately before it becomes a crack that will lead to me having to replace the windshield AGAIN!.
One of those days you just want to curl up and cry....

Tommorrow will be better? I hope

oh honey..that happened to me in january when my DH had to go away for some military training. i broke my toe and got another huge rock chip in my windshield that i just had fixed the week before! i did cry..alot. it sucked.
so sorry that things aren't going your way. tomorrow will be better. cry if you need to. trust me, sometimes it helps to let it out.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:57 PM   #28  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

Good afternoon everyone,

Kristin- I feel your pain, sometimes we all have days like that. I, too, suggest just crying if you need too. It always works for me.

Barbara- You are truly an inspiration. I, am going to print out what you wrote yesterday and put up where I can see it everyday. THANK YOU!!!

Jillian- I hope that your DD is feeling better.

Nicole- How is Atkins treating you today?

Mommyof Six- Welcome.

Cecil- Hope your day is going great back on track

To everyone else- I hope you are having a great day and staying POP.

I feel better since I have been on plan for almost a week now. I am down six pounds. I know that this rate will not last but it feels really great right now.

I better go fix dinner.
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 05:07 PM   #29  

Thanks guys...unfortunately I am working late tonight so no crying yet...but probably when I get home...lol But, I am gonna curl up on the couch and watch The Bachelor Finale that I missed last night...(been tough today trying to avoid finding out what happens!) Nothing like a little trashy tv to relax after a rough day lol.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:17 AM   #30  
WonderWoman

good morning all. well it really hasn't been a good morning here, but there's always tomorrow.
i wish i could just go back home to bed and not get out until tomorrow.

hope everyone else has a good day.