Old 02-24-2009, 02:08 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Second day of TO, and I actually feel pretty good, and a tad thinner.
I just talked with my sister and she said she'd rather be a little hungry all the time versus being fat! I'm so happy that it sounds like she wants to work on her weight since she has been very down on herself, and I love her too much for that to be OK with me.

Jamaican Kim, Welcome back from vacation! I loved your little pep talk! I keep thinking that the size of my butt is exactly what the sum of my good and bad choices has made it to be..... No one else went and shopped for the food, cooked it or ordered for me (rarely anyway, occasionally someone else will do that, but if I was only bad then I'd be skinny).
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:22 PM   #47  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb118 View Post
Thanks Kimberly, I lost 60 lbs in 2006 so I know it works and thats why I went back to LA when ready to take it off again. I really want this to be the last time but I know its up to me....and have finally come to accept that I will always have to work at it and it has to be daily lifestyle changes to last. And I can't do it alone. I need the accountability. (weekly WI's)
How long have you been back on track? Boy or girl?
LOL, Back on track? Not hardly! I have lost only 10 lbs since he was born! I had a beautiful boy and he is awesome!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:17 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

LOL Kimberly, I didnt lose my baby weight until my DD was 17, so you're ahead of me!!

Wooo hooo Barbara on surviving day 2 of TO, so far so good, just have to make it till bedtime! I've actually gotten more than my required amount of water in, first time in a LONG time!

Keep up the good work everybody!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:10 AM   #49  

Height: 5'6

Morning all! I don't usually weigh in on Wednesday but I had to change my ticker and post cause I am so happy I finally broke the 10 lb mark! Yay!
Now if I can lose another 1.6 lbs in the next couple days...that'll put me at 12 lbs in around 6 weeks which is great! An average of 2 lb a week....I'd be super happy to keep that trend going!

Last edited by Kristinx; 02-25-2009 at 08:11 AM.
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:39 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Congrats Kristin!!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:01 AM   #51  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

That's awesome Kristin!! Keep that momentum up!

I'm happy to report I made all of my mini goals yesterday. Got all my veggies in! I'm feeling back on track, even though TOM is tempting me. I made it through 2 miles with Leslie and also took the dog on a nice walk!

Wednesdays mini goals: Eat a full lunch, only light proteins today since I had red meat this week, three miles with Leslie!

Hope everyone is having a great week!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:35 AM   #52  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

morning everyone.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:45 AM   #53  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning friends

Well, I am happy to report that we have not had any body fluid issues since about 7:00 p.m. last night. Which is really pretty lucky, cuz only 5 out of 7 of us got it......but it also leaves a bit of doom hanging over us.....the others could come down with it at anytime.

Today, I get to take all 6 demons to the dentist. Yeah, it's nuts, but I just want to get it over with. I am a bad tooth mom.....my kids don't get to the dentist every six months like they are supposed to. I have had such a hard time finding a dentist we like here in Sunny St. Louis......and when I did finally find one I liked.....he retired. So, hopeuflly, this is the right guy. I just know I am going to get those bad mommy looks when my kids have like 22 cavities......but some people just have worse teeth than others. I ate candy all the live long day when I was little and I never even had a cavity till after my 2nd baby......but whatever. I am not going to let them make me feel bad......we all do the best we can, right?

I had to WI this a.m., even though it is not my weigh day, you know, cuz I was sick all day yesterday, and only managed to drink 2 glasses of diet 7-up and eat 2 pieces of toast.............and the sclae was down 2 lbs.....but I am not recording it. We'll see what Fridays's WI is, cuz that is my official day.

Kristin....which I wanted to share with you......if you are going to obsess about the sclae more than once a week..........even if you step on the sucker every day.........only count 2 WI's per week. It is so much better for your self esteem. I still recommend 1 time a week. I remember when I first joined LAWL and they said they were going to weigh me three times a week, I thought they were nuts. It really made me doubt them and their program. I do like the eating part of the program....but the rest of it is a bunch of junk in my eyes. Exercise is ALWAYS good for you, and WI three times a week is enough to make you insane....and suplements do NOT make you lose weight.......eating fewer calories does.....but anyway........enough of my rant.......

So, yeah, wish me luck at the dentist. YOu would think that taking my 18 year old DD would be helpful.....but I swear, sometimes a teen is worse than a tot. We'll go there anohter day

Ok, baby is calling me
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:50 AM   #54  

Hi! I am one pound closer to my first 5 lbs goal! WOOOOO!
Old 02-25-2009, 11:02 AM   #55  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Yeah Kimberly! Bet it feels good to move that ticker!

Nicole-I agree with the scale rules. I've been couting only 1 w/i a week and it's SO hard. But I've got to keep myself honest or else I'd drive myself crazy.GL at the dentist, I'm sure it's not going to be as bad as you think!

Hi Jillian!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:11 AM   #56  

Height: 5'6

Nicole, you are so right about the scale. And I have been better! Some days I don't get on at all and I've only been recording once a week, Fridays, but with the no change this past Friday and TOM looming I recorded on Wednesday this week Might still weigh in Friday...might skip it...I dunno...but I am definitely getting better with dealing with the fluctuations and getting on the scale less. I seem to only get on when I know I'll be happy about it haha...i got tired of feeling cranky all day because of what the scale told me...so when I have a bad day I'll wait a few days to weigh in, till I can un-do the damage.
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:18 AM   #57  

You all are confusing me? What is a scale? Is that the same thing as a sclae? LOL JK! (Picking on Nicole!!!)
Old 02-25-2009, 11:24 AM   #58  
mom to 4 girls ~Elizabeth

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Good to hear you are all keeping it up!

nicole.. thanks for reminding me.. we are SO overdue for the dentist. Not fun with a bazillion kids too. Hope this dentist is 'the one'!
great you saw a loss kimberly! YAY!
I have been on plan and sticking under the 148 mark.. I weigh myself every day at the same time and I find it keeps me accountable. if It was only a weekly W/I... not sure it would be a good idea for me. I find I know what foods are better for WL that way and it keeps me motivated. (not always seeing a change but knowing if I am not loosing.. at least I am maintaining between losses)

I made muffins with the 2 little ones for all to enjoy today... rolled oats, real pumpkin and carrot grated, agave nectar cinnamon, soy milk, pure apple sauce, egg replacer, whole wheat flour and they are sugar free and under 80 calories each. I think I might try one for a starch later... nice to know what goes into what the kids are eating rather than store bought stuff. I despise sending cruddy lunches to school with the kids. anyhow, I need to clean the upstairs bathroom in a serious way.. kids have been sick and it needs a good scrub down... yuck! Later!
4princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:37 AM   #59  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

I feel ya on the bathroom cleaning, Elizabeth....it's a daily chore with kids. So sorry to hear you were so sick. That must have been **** on your household. I hope things are back to normal now

And Barbara........how did you last day of TO go? Congrats on recommiting.

Ok, time to get strong and get my act together for this fun filled day
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:44 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

I survived a TO!!!!!!

and I did it even on fat tuesday! When people in my office were eating some of my favorites from Burgerville, which is my favorite fast food place...

Today is ash wednesday, when as a practicing catholic we are supposed to fast... or at least eat lightly. So that works for me for the day after a TO, as I think I need that extra help in sticking with it.... So anyway I need to leave work early tonight so I can make it to Mass...

Kristin, It was definitely that salty popcorn that made your weight blip up... Sorry that you are like me, a good bloater.

Nicole and Elizabeth, hope the bathrooms are not too very bad.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote