Old 01-18-2009, 09:16 PM   #1  

Default Slimfast vs Carnation Instant Breakfast vs Nesquik?

Hello, I was wondering what really separates these three? I was thinking about doing Slimfast but figured I could save money by going with one of the others as meal replacement. Sugar and protein are the main ingredients I can think to focus on in this regard.
dustedwings84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 09:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I like the Carnation Instant Breakfast, it is cheaper and about the same calorie wise.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

My concern with Carnation Instant Breakfast and Nesquick is that they have a lot of sugar and do not have any fiber in them. So you may get a sugar rush, but then crash and not have any healthy fiber which really helps to keep you feel full. The Slim-Fast Optima, High Protein and Lower Carb look like much better options then Carnation Instant Breakfast or Nesquick.
babes315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:46 AM   #4  

Default Slimfast vs Instant Breakfast

Compare the ingredients and they're about the same:

Slimfast Optima: 17g of sugar, 180 Calories, 24 Vitamins & minerals. 50% of Daily Calcium

IB: 18g sugar, 210 calories (w/ fat free milk), 21 Vitamins & minerals, 200% daily calcium, natural antioxidants.

On dietary fiber, not sure on Slimfast, IB has 1 gram.

IB about half the price, Slimfast's use of the word "slim" to help sell product isn't worth twice the price to me.
sderdiarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:15 PM   #5  
On The Road Again

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4

If you're wanting protein and not alot of sugar, try Whey protein powder. You can get a huge jug of it at Walmart for around $13. I couldn't live without it. You can also get chocolate or vanilla flavors and it's 110 calories for 1 scoop. I have a smoothie for breakfast almost every morning with frozen strawberries, chocolate protein powder, skim milk and a splash of Davinci SF vanilla. It really sticks with me through out the morning until lunch, and since I use frozen strawberries, it's like a thick milkshake without any guilt.

I do loves me a smoothie....
Fungramma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 12:51 PM   #6  

The Carnation No Sugar Added Instant Breakfast has 7g sugar, 150 calories (fatfree milk), 13g of protein (when mixed), 0.5 grams of fat, and 4g dietary fiber. It is what I use.

Last edited by LoserLisa; 02-19-2009 at 12:59 PM.
LoserLisa is offline   Reply With Quote