Old 02-16-2009, 12:00 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 184.4/169.2/140

Height: 5'3"

Thanks Amy - I just nearly threw up the sassy water at lunch and I've opted to go with straight water (or some with lemon) instead. But the rest of the meals seem to work fine for me.

I will be glad to get into some of the regular recipes though...I've already picked out some for Breakfast and Lunch!!

But I can live through 4 days.
stratcat45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:21 PM   #17  

OMG that is so funny! I'm not even on FBD but picked up the book at the library and since I LOVE mint & ginger I making he sassy water for tomorrow not even going on the plan, LOL. Seriously? You don't like it? I thought that was a great idea, going without coffee? NOT REALLY TOO POSSIBLE. Seriously I got to the coffee ban and went, never mind.

But there's some great healthy recipes in the book!
K8-EEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:46 AM   #18  
Strong is the new thin!

S/C/G: 178/152/close enough

Height: 5'9 1/2"

I started this plan March 1st because my WL has stalled. I like the sassy water, I add cukes and mint and lemon or limes to my water sometimes for flavor anyway, not mad for the ginger but just used a bit.

I wanted a plan that is similar to my eating habits and that I could envision maintaining for a long time, if not life. And because I'm really hungry in the morning, I like that I can eat meal 2 at 10 or 11 if I need to, and know that I'll have something at 2 or 3 to tie me over til dinner and get me through a run after work.

What I don't like about this plan: the cheesy name.

What I do like: the MUFA's help me feel satisfied, eating often, a big variety of real foods, dairy is included, whatever I'm craving can be fit into the plan (within reason), and I only have to calorie count to figure out if my meal is about 400 calories. If it's close, then I know I'm eating approx 1600 cals a day and right now I'm not bothering to record everything OCD like into TDP or Fitday. So I'm taking a much needed break from calorie counting.

I started 6 days ago and there is no radical change, only down a few pounds. But I know that I will lose eventually if I stick to 1600 calories a day, so I'm not too concerned. I need to get off this plateau.
river is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:43 PM   #19  

Interesting River! I had already incorporated MUFAs through picking up some principles of the Sonoma Diet & Med Diet....I def have olives, olive oil, avocados and nuts every day but where I get off track is portions. I have to start measuring more especially when it comes to stuff like walnuts. It's so easy to have a handful every time you walk in the kitchen! They're healthy but fattening in quantity.

I find though that if I DO manage just small amounts, like 1/4 of an avocado, and have lots of water along with the MUFA-infused meals, I am MUCH less likely to have food cravings & do crazy eating.

Starting today am doing my portions more like the book.....I had a half cup of oatmeal today and I almost always have a whole one and I was surprised that I didn't notice the difference hunger wise. I make huge batches of oatmeal and freeze it in 1/2 cup cupcake pans -- it never even occurred to me to only have the 1/2 cup, I automatically have a whole one! So that's what I'm working on this week.
K8-EEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:11 AM   #20  
Strong is the new thin!

S/C/G: 178/152/close enough

Height: 5'9 1/2"

K8, I love almonds because it's so easy to portion control, I count 11 for a half oz or 22 for an oz. Walnuts are harder because there tends to be more variation in size, for those I measure.
river is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:35 AM   #21  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

What does that sassy water taste like?
Daimere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:27 PM   #22  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by river View Post
What I don't like about this plan: the cheesy name.
Yes, I completely agree. When I mention to someone that I'm on this I always follow it up with "But it's not a fad diet at all, it just sounds like it."

Hmm, what does Sassy Water taste like? I guess that depends, I didn't follow the "recipe" exactly, but it just sort of tasted refreshing, like cucumbers and lemon.
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:10 PM   #23  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

I have been seeing this all over the internet - in the form of advertising. Sounds interesting. I wish you the best!
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 08:41 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 197/185/123-125

Height: 5'1"

I started the 4 Day Jumpstart today and so far so good. I've changed things around a bit, as I'm a vegetarian, so I substituted the meat for other proteins (turkey soy slices, tofu, etc.) I also can't stomach the cucumber, so I just made the sassy water with the lemon, mint, and ginger and it's delicious . The only problem is that I think I'm going through some detox stuff. Right after the first glass of sassy water at breakfast, I developed a headache and some low energy and the headache is still with me. But that's a good thing - I really need to detox from the past few weeks of bad eating!

Tam
tammay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:30 PM   #25  

I would like more info, tried the link at Prevention but could not get the 10 foods to avoid

May be just my computer skills, not sure.

Anyone here interested in joining me?

Donna
donna1943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:47 AM   #26  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammay View Post
I started the 4 Day Jumpstart today and so far so good. I've changed things around a bit, as I'm a vegetarian, so I substituted the meat for other proteins (turkey soy slices, tofu, etc.) I also can't stomach the cucumber, so I just made the sassy water with the lemon, mint, and ginger and it's delicious . The only problem is that I think I'm going through some detox stuff. Right after the first glass of sassy water at breakfast, I developed a headache and some low energy and the headache is still with me. But that's a good thing - I really need to detox from the past few weeks of bad eating!

Tam
Congrats on starting! I just did a two day version of the Jumpstart again last week to get me back on the wagon. It worked pretty well! As far as the headache, I got one the first day (when I originally started) due to caffeine withdrawal (I'm guessing). I decided that I was not willing to give up my morning coffee permanently so I just went ahead and added it back in on the second day. No big deal, I still felt less bloated!
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:17 AM   #27  
Passion Fruit!

S/C/G: 201/136.4/115

Height: 5 ft. 1 3/4 in.

Hi everyone! I am on Day Five (meaning I just finished the 4 day Jump Start.) I lost 5 lbs. on the 4 days, and one inch on the waist, so I’m very pleased with the results! I put my jeans on last night for the first time since I started on Saturday, and I could actually feel the difference already! I have high blood pressure and I want to get off the meds, so this is great. My doctor is wholeheartedly behind it, since it’s a variation of the (heart) healthy Med. Diet. I love almonds! Eating 1 handful at breakfast 5 days a week resulted in a 40 pt. drop in my cholesterol in 6 weeks. My doctor was astounded! I consider them the best food ever!

Only thing is, 1600 calories, at my age, will not lead to much weight loss. I'm modifying it down to about 1200 calories a day.

Looking forward to getting to know you guys and keeping in touch here!

Have a BEAUTIFUL day!

Last edited by Sunny Gee; 04-22-2009 at 11:18 AM.
Sunny Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:24 AM   #28  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Sunny Gee--awesome news abou the cholesterol drop...mine did too! I am also a daily raw almond eater.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:02 PM   #29  
Passion Fruit!

S/C/G: 201/136.4/115

Height: 5 ft. 1 3/4 in.

:: high fives :: :lol

and thanks!
Sunny Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:33 PM   #30  

Default Fbd

Hi all!
I am so excited to have others to talk to about the FBD. I wish I found this the first day. I tried looking for a forum because of the headache (one I didn't have to pay for) and could not find one. I had the headache for two days. I did not cut out my coffee but went from 8 cups a day to 2 cups and I think that is where the headache came from too.
I will weigh in tomorrow and get the measurement too. I can't wait. I know my clothing is fitting nicely.
I am not sure if I want to continue on the FBD 4 week plan or if I want to go back to WW. I don't think my family could handle the FBD. As for the sassy water, the first day I thought I would die drinking it. The second day I cut the mint in half and it was so much better. I love how much more energy I have and how much "happier" if feel. It makes you want to stick with it.
I am thinking of checking out the Cook Yourself Thin cookbook next.
Brenda
BCubero is offline   Reply With Quote