Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 09:28 AM   #241  

Height: 5'7"

Coaches/Buddies We're having some friends over for dinner so I thought I'd check in this morning. That and the thread is jumping last night and this morning and I'll never catch up if I wait!

I ran this morning. C25K Week 5! Went very well. But I expected it to because of all the sugar yesterday. It's the one happy side effect of a sugary indulgence. The runs go well after. Unintentional carbo loading, so I decided I WOULD get my butt out there and take advantage. It felt GREAT!

And so far I'm on plan for today, and really not feeling any quitter impulses after yesterday's chocolate face plant.

Oh yeah, 2+ lbs up. Carbs bring water to the party, so I'll be up for a couple days. I came dangerously close to the 200 lb mark today, and I am NOT going back there.

RobinW Sounds like you were drunk to me! Sorry, perhaps not helpful. Like Tera, I too have fallen up the stairs and I'm not sure I had any booze to blame it on.

Tera Thanks for NOT letting me completely off the hook on the chocolates! It is nice to hear, "It's OK," because well it is, but it is also good to hear, "So what are you going to do about it." The work situation, which I mentioned way way back in November, is that there are barrels of candy (literally small barrels) right in my work area at eye level and there is no way to get them moved. I've been on the NO CHOICE plan and I reaffirmed that last night.

I did a modified Cheat Sheet (maybe I should call it a "Variance Report" as is fashionable at my workplace, puke) on it last night. Bill is not kidding that "Idiot begins with I." One of the big contributors to it was that I was wanting a diet Coke, and with my desk now moved to a new location, I would have had to walk a big distance, get some money, walk even farther in the other direction to the vending machine and this would have included two flights of steps. I was too "busy" to do this. In hindsight, this is possibly the worst trade I can imagine.

I'm glad you are back on your food plan and that your pain is back to manageable levels. Credits for getting back on track! Let us know how you like Breaking Through Your Set Point.

JenMusic Glad to see you back around, and good job for eating to fullness.

maryblu I think I like BDS better than CBDL too, in most respects. I think they are neat books because they prescribe successful, and in many cases clinically proven dieting strategies, and then give you the CBT tools like problem solving, identifying thinking errors, etc to deal with them. BDS is heavier on the CBT stuff, and CBDL is heavier on the diet strategies. But I also find some non-CBT strategies, like visualization and mentally practicing difficult situations helpful. I'm always reading to find the right techniques described in the right way, so I get the click.

And, yeah, I've never lost weight for any period of time without being hungry. Not starving, gnawing-your-own-arm-off kind of hungry, but "Dinner can't get here soon enough" hungry. An unpleasant fact of life, like scooping after the dog, or having to work for a living. Doesn't sell diet books though.

And you sneak back in as I'm about to push "submit." Hit me up again next week on the Ch 18 thing. I'll be up for it after the big trip to Missouri. My mother will want to feed me this weekend, although feeding DD will distract her a bit. I want to feed my own children, broccoli and turkey instead of pie, but I have the definite urge to feed them. Must be a mother thing? How do the other mothers here feel about that? Or am I just nuts like Bill (see next personal)?

BillBlueEyes Nice core work, and glad to hear your pushups and your elbow are getting along. GREAT job on tossing out food. I think you should redo that Beck exercise monthly.

You are talking to yourself. I don't think the words "gently" and "idiot" go well together. But feel the need to remind you that "Insane" also begins with I. Oh, wait, I've also done a response to my own post. We need an "idiot" smilie. Maybe a little dude whacking himself on the head and falling over. Notice I automatically think the little idiot dude will be a "he." Feel free to smilie smack me at any time.

davidette I once again am keeping the makers of Costco vitamin I (ibuprofen) in boat payments for my neck. I have a heating pad I'll occasionally whip out for it too, but the microwave dealies (yes, I went to college, dealies! really!) sound convenient.

Sorry to hear about your flowers on your to do list. That's what I would do; my lists have lists on them, really. I have decided to make peace with it. I'm a bit on the obsessive side, and it makes me happy and I get stuff done. I suppose life could be as carefree as a beer commercial for some people, but that isn't me.

Glad to hear you are on plan. Good luck and be strong on your weekend with your son.

Anne
Old 02-24-2009, 09:37 AM   #242  
stand-up philosopher

S/C/G: 276/260/???

Monday Report
OP 100% (Resting Hip, Food, Supplements, anti-inflammatory, 3FCx2)

Got in the pool this morning. I didn't feel comfortable walking it, but I waved my arms for 20 minutes, then stretched for 10 in the hot tub.

Then this morning, I'm setting up my work area, and stretched to reach something by my feet. OUCH! I'm so mad at myself for not being more careful.

My goal list today is long:
3FCx2, Food, Supplements, Pool, Cautious movement, anti-inflammatory at dinner, and Face my Stuff. (I have half the biology lab, then a Sociology response paper and a test to study for.)

Already I've blown "cautious movement", but I've done the Pool.

Jen: I second "I would be fine if food tasted yucky" Definitely I would not be where I am today if eating was just something I had to do, like taking a test or brushing my teeth.

maryblu: I'm with you on not bying BDFL. It seems to me that the main difference between the two is that DFL provides an actual diet plan. I'm already on one that's working for me, and have a backup if I need one. (Per DS)

I think most people (we know better of course) associate "dieting" with being deprived of "taboo" foods. That's what dieting is to them. Those who aren't really aware of what I'm doing will ask me, "Oh, is this on your diet?" not realizing that it's not what I can eat, it's what I choose to eat and in what quantities.

Bill: for your workout! and HUZZAH for the elbow improvement. It's been a long journey to this point.

for choosing to throw out the extra pasta! at "Idiot begins with I" and "One bite of apple off plan" You are in rare form.

As for Sprouts, I sure didn't see any until after moving down here, and then not until a couple of years ago. Maybe they started down here? http://sprouts.com/home.php is their website (with a cute flash animated menu).

Davidette: You know how to enjoy Spring! You just do. Pause on your way to whatever and take a deep breath. Look at the clouds. Notice the budding plants.

The idea of opening up all the windows and wearing shorts every day is making my heart go pitter patter. I'm sure we're just a few weeks away from that kind of weather!

Well, this is the part where I go and eat breakfast. Everybody have a fun day!

Last edited by twilit tera; 02-24-2009 at 09:39 AM.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:44 PM   #243  
Back on the wagon

S/C/G: 205/162/125

Height: 5'1"

hey everyone,

another blasted flyby. i figured it was better than no post at all, right? i decided on sunday that i needed to get all the way back to basics, because i wasn't really fooling myself - i was just off-track and had been for about two weeks. fortunately the scale hasn't smacked me - hasn't moved at all. (sigh of relief!) i got hit hard by an advantage. that's right, an advantage. had to frantically shop for a dress for a mardi gras festival saturday night (hit the mall at 5:45) and discovered that i'm a 12, an honest-to-god comfy 12, and i can walk into any store i want and they've have clothes that fit. WHOA. like ann taylor and banana republic. things that fit. unbelievable. decided on sunday that i'd like to hold on to this, so i'm back to religiously planning every bite, feeling the same hunger i suspect anne and i share, and working out when it's the last thing on earth i feel like doing. unfortunately this morning i woke up with a seriously sore throat. aarggh!!! slogging it out at work.

i'm so sorry i'm not able to get properly caught up and doing personals, but i wanted to make sure i posted SOMETHING, anything, to keep myself accountable. hoping it's a quick re-route (for the 118th time or so.) doesn't really matter how many times i fall off if i get back on one more, right?
Old 02-24-2009, 09:01 PM   #244  
stand-up philosopher

Hello, Beckbuddies!

I got 1.5 things from my school to-do list done (out of 2). Not as good as I'd hoped. I'm just having a difficult time formulating a thesis for my reaction paper on "the functions of poverty" theory by Herbert J Gans. I instinctually feel there's something off about it - that even the functions he describes are dysfunctions masked - but I need to be able to support the position.

On the food front, I tried the Ak Mak crackers and hummus my aunt bought me at Sprouts yesterday and made an interesting discovery. I had only two crackers lightly spread (each sheet of crackers separating into 4 crackers) and wasn't satisfied when I'd eaten all of it. Nonetheless, when dinner came 2 hours later, the only reason I ate anything was because I knew the two crackers were not sufficient to sustain me, and I didn't want to be starving myself. I wasn't able to finish dinner, which was modest to begin with.

I'm on Chapter 2 of Breaking Through Your Set Point and so far it is ringing very true for me. One of the things I like is that he hints at information he's going to bring up in later chapters and they sound like things I could really use.

maryblu: On the subject of "full" I really don't aim for full at all any more - just being "not hungry." Usually if I stop when I no longer feel physical hunger, I'm completely satisfied within about 5 minutes, without feeling stuffed or bloated.

Anne: on a fantastic run and being on plan! Good analysis work on the chocolate binge, too! You're right about it being a bad trade - you missed an unplanned exercise opportunity as well as not getting the treat you really wanted!

jean: A flyby is definitely better than no post, yes!

Oh. My. God. ...on your Advantage. A size 12 is AMAZING!! Shopping "anywhere" is amazing!! I hope you don't mind if I shop vicariously through you?

The best I expect to be able to do is a size 14. At my slenderist, most fit, this is what I was. I just have that body type.

I'm glad you flewby and hope to see more of you later.

I'd like to leave you, my friends, with this thought, courtesy of Berke Breathed...

http://www.sumitsays.com/public/imag..._opus_diet.gif

er... weird. clicking the link and embedding the image doesn't work. Selecting the address bar afterward and hitting *enter* does.

I wonder if this is another one of those "i" word situations?

Last edited by twilit tera; 02-24-2009 at 09:40 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:07 PM   #245  

Coaches/Buddies Just a quickie check in tonight to let you know I'm on plan today after yesterday's disinhibition. Tomorrow starts the pre-trip prep and it's a doozy, so not sure I'll get more than a flyby.

Tera Good work on plan Monday! Glad you got to the pool.

Love the cartoon. It all worked out for me, so if you're having an iMoment, it didn't show!

Jean I was thinking about you during my run this morning. WAY TO GO on the 12s! Awesome! Even better that you are getting back on track and not kidding yourself so you can keep that advantage!!

to everyone!

Keep on keeping on, Beckies!

Anne
Old 02-24-2009, 10:42 PM   #246  

S/C/G: HW:200+/LW:120/CW:142

Height: 5'1 and a 1/2" (yes the 1/2" matters!)

I'm trying to be more consistent with checking in, even though it's always so quik at night (I teach evening classes, so by the time I get home I'm zonked). Today was OP, although I didn't do planned exercise today - I had to start my spring allergy medicine today and ended up zonked and fuzzy headed. I'm not taking any more until the allergies are BAD. That was not fun. Yay for planning food ahead and sticking to it - at least I didn't overeat in my fog.

Hope you all have a restful night!
Old 02-25-2009, 05:35 AM   #247  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Wednesday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Was the day where I work through the lunch hour on a volunteer committee where they provide lunch. Standard high end turkey and roast beef on french bread. Not my first choice but good enough. Striking for the lack of vegetables and salad. I ignored the basket of bags of chips. CREDIT moi. I ignored the platter of fresh baked cookies and brownies. CREDIT moi. I ignored taking my walk after work because I'm catching up on chores after being immersed in taxes all weekend. Oh Well.

maryblu - Drooling over your "Favorite sammy." Love the image of trying to keep the broccoli sprouts in. Yep, I really, really, really love broccoli; could eat it twice a day, and sometimes do since I tend to stick about half a cup of raw into whatever I'm microwaving for lunch and then DW serves it frequently for dinner. Re "you are still pinching yourself. Yes?" Unfortunately, yes. Not just pinching but always feeling the threat of the slippery slope on either side of the path, like walking over a narrow mountain ridge rather that walking through a field of wildflowers. Wouldn't mind giving up that dread. Thanks for the discussion of full and the last few pounds.

Jean (kuhljeanie) - Ouch for the sore throat. Kudos for regrouping and taking a fresh start. Congrats for shifting to the readily available stores. If DW ever bought a dress in one trip she'd dance with joy.

Anne (wndranne) - Kudos for running forward on Week 5 of C25K. Yay for finding a silver lining to a sugary indulgence. Good suggestion that BillBlueEyes rework the Beck exercise on tossing food. I, too, think he needs that. And I too have noticed his ability to refer to himself in the third person. He tends to confuse me when he does that. No comment on "the little idiot dude will be a 'he,' " 'cept perhaps you just haven't had your morning coffee yet.

Tera (twilit tera) - Ouch for the Ouch while stretching. Kudos for completing 1.5 out of 2.0 items on your todo list. Are there any societies that have eliminated poverty? Sigh, the Sprouts stores haven't reached my area yet, although I hardly need another target food store to ignore on my walks, LOL.

davidette - Yay for thinking about taking the time to smell the flowers. Yay for remembering that Spring is coming. Re "I blame my mother:" Are you also a member of the RSCCC ("Remember the Starving Children in China Club") LOL. Sending supportive thoughts that through your planning you'll be ready by Friday to thoroughly enjoy your son's visit and be well past the concern for its test of your food plan.

Jen (JenMusic) - Ouch for "zonked and fuzzy headed." Kudos for giving yourself credit for "for planning food ahead and sticking to it." Ouch that you joined my didn't-do-my-exercise-today club.

Readers -
"what to do ...
3. If you already do some form of exercise, keep it up and keep challenging yourself to do a little more. The American College of Sports Medicine and the Center for Disease Control recommend that you work up to a minimum of 30 minutes of cardiovascular exercise (such as walking, cycling, or swimming) five days a week, plus strength training two times a week for optimal health." The Complete Beck Diet for Life, pg 70
Old 02-25-2009, 08:59 AM   #248  

Coaches/Buddies Another quick morning check. 100% OP yesterday. Today is planned, so far so good. I'm doing laundry, and have the diaper bag packed for tomorrow and lists are made. The rest should be fairly straight forward. I must confess I haven't done much special circumstance planning for the trip. Normally, I'd have snacks and meals and whatnot all put together, but there is just too much stuff with two small children, so I'm going to make the best choices available and just live with it.

I appear to have caught DS's latest round of boogers. Sigh. In all the mad rushing around today, I have added taking DS to the ped to have a seriously bad case of diaper rash examined. Didn't want to put him on the plane with painful butt rot in addition to everything else. Seems like last time we flew, DD developed pink eye as I watched her in the seat next to me. Nasty stuff.

JenMusic Good to see you checking in!

Bill Sorry you missed your walk, but here's hoping you are back on track with that after getting caught up on your chores. Let me know how that feels. I would also like to give you a hero sticker for passing fresh brownies.

I'm having my coffee now, so perhaps I'll be less obnoxious today. We'll see.

Anne
Old 02-25-2009, 09:11 AM   #249  
stand-up philosopher

Tuesday Report
OP 71% (Pool, Anti-infammatories, Food, Supplements, 3FCx2)
Oh, well. Made some stupid moves hip-wise, and avoided really hashing out my response paper.

Then last night, around 11:00 when I'm supposed to be asleep already... my thesis hits me, and I have no choice but to turn the laptop back on and at least write my thesis statement! Ugh!

Today's goals are exactly like yesterday's. I also began a new water-drinking strategy. I filled up a big water bottle and am keeping it beside me all day.

Bill: for making the best choices you could make at the company-provided volunteer work-lunch!

I tried yesterday to google for countries that have eliminated poverty. Apparently it's still pretty rampant, even in the most advanced economies.

One nation I forgot to look for was The Netherlands - their poverty rate is pretty low but not as low as Norway if this website is to be trusted. I might have to look into it in greater detail.

My thesis is based on the argument that extreme inequity in distribution of wealth is an inherently dysfunctional phenomenon to all social segments (the sociological definition being having the effect of creating social disorder), regardless of whatever temporary benefits it appears to bring to the wealthy, because it leads to lower class uprisings, even to the point of war, according to historical precendent. =) I'm a genius at bedtime.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:30 PM   #250  

S/C/G: 220/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Belatedly Tuesday

No power or running water. We have a generator, which powers the basics: TV, DVR, internet, fridge, and stove. We’re heating the house using our fireplace, and are melting snow to flush toilets and wash our hands. I’d kill for a hot shower right now…
Beck – WI-not done. I use the wii balance board for weigh ins, so there’s no weigh-in until I have power again. I read my cards, etc.
Food – op. But my plan while I have limited kitchen facilities, especially water, is a calorie budget for a day. If I live within it, I consider myself on plan. I was op for Tuesday. (credit moi since I was deep in ‘oh poor me’ last night. Over the weekend I planned to have roast pork with apples and potatoes tonight – and we managed to pull that off! So credit moi.
Exercise – I did 37 of 45 planned minutes. I’ll make up the remaining 8 minutes some other day this week.
I’ve gotten way behind on the list since I’ve been without power. It doesn’t help that there seems to be much more activity than usual. So, these personals are likely to sound like a trip back in time, but I hope to be all caught up by the time I post tonight. (Assuming we get our power back today that is…)

Anne - Double-drat on diving into the giant vats of chocolate! What do you plan to do now that the dive is behind you? I totally understand the seductiveness of ‘poor me’. I’ve been there for the last couple of days without power. I’m concentrating on treading water and not diving in…

Robin Re half a glass of wine on the stairs -- Do you think your inner thin chick tripped you up? - and did you a favor in the process? You had half that glass of wine you couldn’t drink then!

Tera – The Ahi Tuna sandwich sounds delicious. If you can have great food like that and be op, who can complain, right? Even better, your hip isn’t bothering you as much, so you can go back to your exercise plan. Wonderful!

JenMusic Bravo for having a plan, being within your calorie allowance, and eating until fullness. These are three very positive things!

maryblu You are absolutely right – there’s some credit to be found in the fact that I went off plan, but managed to contain the damage. I did some desperate negotiations with my inner fat chick in favor of some better food choices. RE Beck books -I haven’t read the first book(s), so I guess we are even. Deviation Analysis – it does sound engineer-y. Let’s put that name in the parking lot for now! (to continue our foray into annoying corporate-speak)

Bill – I’m so happy your elbow seems to be recovered! And leaving some food in the Tupperware dish is no tiny achievement. That’s a big behavioral step that involved a small amount of food. Give yourself the credit you deserve! But now I’m thinking about pasta with pesto at 8:20 AM. Not good!

davidette Congrats for being onplan. And keep thinking through the potential solutions to challenging situations that you are likely to face when your kids are in the house. I know you’ll be able to make it a success on all levels!
Old 02-25-2009, 12:50 PM   #251  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Afternoon

I seem to have caught hubby's cold. I am NOT impressed!! I dont have time to be sick, nor do I have the patience to be sick right now. The whole thing just ticks me off!

So...Im chugging water, eating op and getting lots of rest, and taking extra vitamins.

Anne~ Kudos for your great run!! .......and nope I wasnt drunk hadnt even had a sip yet! I had to change my clothes tho, I managed to get it all over my sleeve too.

Tera~ Kudos for being op and getting to the pool. About writing your thesis statement when it came to you. Big kudos for turning the laptop back on and writing it out!! That is one of those things that could have dissappeared during your sleep if you hadnt gotten it written down.

Bill~ Big kudos for ignoring the cookies and bags of chips!!

ChinaMaine~ I need to go back and get caught up on my posts, I dont know why you are without power or water! Kudos to keeping to some sort of plan thru all this tho!

Yes I think maybe my inner thin chick might have had something to do with my wine mess

I got on the scale again this morning....knowing it was going to be up. It was. So far Im cool with this. I think its because Im expecting the movements. I suspect when the movements go in a direction other than what Im expecting, this is when I will run into the mental anguish. A work in progress.

Things have been busy around here with just me. Hubby came in today and has to stay late because our web designer is coming at 5pm. When she comes, you stay because she is really really hard to rein in!! She's worth it tho.

Im off.....plan is to eat what Ive planned, and get my walk in later.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-25-2009, 08:11 PM   #252  
stand-up philosopher

Hello, Beckbuddies!

There must be some busy becksters out there! (having flashbacks to Winnie the Pooh: "Gon Out Backson, Bisy Backson" Are there busy backsons out there?

I also was busy today. Much more on task than yesterday, which is good. These papers don't write themselves.

We went looking at my favorite thrift store for my recliner. They had several, but the ones with fabric aphostery were either not well padded enough or wouldn't STAY reclined without a lot of work. There was one very comfortable one, but it had leather apholstery and I like to wear shorts. So we continue our search.

We would have been able to get one tonight if we'd been able to find one at the thrift store. Purchasing retail, we'll have to wait for the tax refund, which should be in a few days if the direct deposit goes through. I wasn't sure what the bank's name should be on the form, since ours is one that was recently bought out.

I'm anxious to get that chair!

On the way back, I saw flocks of daffodils on the median! Spring is official in Addison, TX. (Ok, officially it's winter, but it's ACTUALLY Spring.)

And finally, I want to share this encouraging thought from Breaking Through Your Set Point: "Losing weight is sort of like quitting smoking. Successful quitters often try a few times before they actually kick the habit. Giving up an unhealthy lifestyle can be equally challening, so it's okay if you've tried a few diets that didn't work.. In fact, there's not one thing in life that doesn't improve with practice."

I found that statement very reassuring, and I'm sure some of the other "returners" here will too.

ChinaMaine: I hope your power and water returns quickly and that the cause isn't too serious!

Anne: Sorry about the germs. I guess marriage is about sharing things, after all. Hope it's over quickly.

Adios, compadres! I'll check in tomorrow morning!
Old 02-25-2009, 08:34 PM   #253  

S/C/G: 220/168/145

Height: 5'4"

Talking Wednesday

We have power and water again!!
I finally got the test results back from my doctor's office. Turns out I'm low on Vitamin D, so need to look up the repercussions of that. I'll also start taking supplements. However, even though I requested they test for TSH, B12, and an iron panel, the checked for folate but not ferritin and didn't check at all for TSH or B12. Grrrr. So I left a message at the docs and hope to get a new prescription for blood tests tomorrow...
Beck – WI-not done. I’ll weigh in tomorrow AM (since we got power around lunch-time). I did not read my cards, etc.
Food – op. Once we had power today, I made a plan for the rest of the day.
Exercise – short again today by 10 minutes. (But I did 20 minute fast walk this AM) But my power is back on today, so I will be back on plan tomorrow!!
Anne - Hooray for Week 5! You have a positive attitude about the 2 lbs. – I’m sure you are right.

Tera – Credit for op, especially your pool work. Ugggh about the ‘in-cautious’ movement. It must be hard to always be careful about reaching for things. A new chair *will* help. I hope you find one soon – and don’t have to pay full retail.

Jeanie Credit for getting back on plan – its really hard to do! And WOW, size 12 – super big credit. Maybe make a memory card about how you felt when you tried on the size 12 jeans?

JenMusic Woohoo op food. And a good plan for doing exercise tomorrow. Credit!

Bill Kudos for avoiding the pitfalls of a committee-provided-lunch!

Robin It’s possible I didn’t say why we were without power/water. The days just run together! Anyway we had a foot of wet snow on Sunday night, causing major power outages. Since we live way out of town, we have a well that runs on 240 volts (so our generator doesn’t run the water pump.) Thus we had no power or water for 2.5 days. Hope you can keep your cold at bay!!

Last edited by ChinaMaine; 02-25-2009 at 08:39 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:31 PM   #254  

Coaches/Buddies Mostly on plan today; deviations mostly due to running around like a crazy person. I got to work, to day care, to the pediatrician, back to day care, home, to the vet (with 2 kids and a dog at this point), home, dinner for four, to a friend's house for a quick b'day present drop off, home, finish packing/organizing. I am BEAT.

DH and I were strategizing how to carry all the stuff. We have 4 small carry-ons for us, including a diaper bag and a toy pack, two big suitcases (on rollers) which will get checked, and two car seats, one to check and one to carry on. Plus a stroller, and keeping track of a small girl who thinks it is fun to run away. Not sure we figured it out, at least before checking the bags. The car seats are the hardest to manage.

Tera Hooray for your genius thesis insight! Hope your refund and recliner arrive soon. We are paying buckets of money this year. Sigh.

ChinaMaine Loving that your DVR is a basic! Glad you got your power back up. Definite GRRR about the doc not ordering the right tests.

RobinW Sorry about the cold. Hope you kick it soon. Nice job working your plan, including your weigh-ins.

Well, Beckies, I'm off into the great wide yonder tomorrow. Or as DH puts it, drive into nowhere for two hours and then continue on for another 30 minutes. And yes, there is high-speed internet, but it is my parent's computer so I'll mostly be lurking, with a quick check in now and then. I have high hopes, modest plans, and my running gear. And two giant car seats I have no idea how I'll carry.

Anne
Old 02-26-2009, 05:21 AM   #255  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Thursday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Did my lunges without my trainer; CREDIT moi. Was abandoned by DW for dinner and was impressed how quickly the thought of overeating appeared. As if she was the authority figure forcing me to stay on plan. Maybe my inner "fat chick" is on the lookout for any excuse for a blowout. So, I nixed the thought of a couple of high calorie restaurants and chose a modest set of leftovers. CREDIT moi. One was a lentil stew that was so old I can't remember when she cooked it. But it was still edible and incredibly good. Lentils are absolutely amazing. Thank you India for sharing.

Robin (RobinW) - Ouch for the colds. Kudos for remaining sane as you begin your daily scale watch. Hero's award to your DH who gets out of bed to come service your web designer.

Anne (wndranne) - Ouch for the heavy dose of reality as you pack. Hope DS's diaper rash calms enough for a comfortable flight. Bon Voyage for an adventure to 30 minutes beyond nowhere, LOL. I once saw a guy in an airport with one kid on his back and one on his front push a cart along the corridor for about 100 feet then go back and get the other one, leapfrogging along. At least you and your DH have each other to push the carts. Will watch my language for the duration so that no naughty words pop up on your parents' computer, LOL.

Tera (twilit tera) - Kudos or 71% OP. Double Kudos for the precision of that calculation. Thanks for the pointer to the Gini index that measures social equality in a country; interesting concept. Good luck with your thesis.

ChinaMaine - Yeah for power and water. Yeah for showers. Kudos for being prepared with a generator to handle the basics. Ouch for having to repeat the blood testing. Sorry to hear about your vitamin D issue, although I read that it's not so uncommon these days since they've started watching out for it. Reminds me that I should get tested for vitamin D since I, too, live close enough to the Arctic Circle that I expose no skin to the sun for half the year.

Readers -
"what to do ...
4. If you don't currently exercise, start some kind of program. At least three times a week, extend your five minute walk. Consider going to an exercise class, getting an exercise DVD, going swimming, taking up a sport, doing yoga, or working out at a gym." The Complete Beck Diet for Life, pg 70
Closed Thread