Old 01-30-2009, 02:35 PM   #1  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Default Storm Could Become a Blizzard!

"Snow being produced by the upcoming major winter storm will not be limited to the Northeastern corner of the nation. Snow could even fall and accumulate as far south as northern parts of Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia Monday. Treacherous travel, especially since the region is not accustomed to dealing with snow, is sure to result.

As this potent storm races through the South, the Tennessee Valley will get rain initially. The arrival of frigid air will not only change rain to snow; wet spots on roadways could also freeze, further worsening travel conditions."

Where the heavy snow eventually falls, travel and daily routines will be greatly impacted. The snow could leave 6 to 12 inches with totals up to 2 feet not out of the question.

As the storm pushes through the South and cold air plunges towards the Gulf Coast, accumulating snow may even hinder travel as far south as northern parts of Mississippi, Alabama and Georgia on Monday.

The storm will intensify over the Northeast or eastern Great Lakes on Tuesday, potentially leading to dangerous blizzard conditions to the west of its center. Severe blowing and drifting snow with extremely poor visibility will make travel nearly impossible.

Regardless of the storm's track, harsh cold and blustery winds will grip the entire eastern third of the nation in its wake Tuesday into Wednesday. AccuWeather.com RealFeel® temperatures will be significantly colder than actual thermometer readings.

Strong winds will also be found east of the storm's center. A track along or west of the Northeast's coastline would allow the winds to blow directly at the beaches. Pounding waves and coastal flooding could result.

All residents across the eastern third of the nation are urged to check back with AccuWeather.com through the weekend as the exact details of the storm become clearer."

YIKES! Guess I better get groceries today instead of waiting until Monday!!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:44 PM   #2  

Height: 5'9"

Pffffftttt... That's nothing! 2 feet is a walk in the park for me! hehe..
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:48 PM   #3  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvja View Post
Pffffftttt... That's nothing! 2 feet is a walk in the park for me! hehe..
But for us in the south, its like Alaska!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:59 PM   #4  

lol yeah, I know. Enjoy! It's probably best you did go grocery shopping asap, since you guys aren't used to that much snow, I'm sure the city will be in complete chaos when it actually hits!

Last edited by luvja; 01-30-2009 at 03:00 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:02 PM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Actually we have more snow here in Ontario than in Alaska or the NWT! Crazy!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:14 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
Actually we have more snow here in Ontario than in Alaska or the NWT! Crazy!

Don't remind me, Ruth!