Old 01-27-2009, 02:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/233/150

Height: 5'7

Default new scale, bad bad scale.

hi All!
So my old scale (which was only 2 weeks old really) broke yesterday. i weighed myself but then i picked it up to move it and it dropped and then everyone was 60 pounds.

Before it broke it showed that i lost a few more pounds.. it said 272, which was sounding right because i had been working hard, so that would be an 8 pound loss total. When i first started i was 280 ish.

now i got a new scale which is bigger, but when i got on it was saying 80/82. All of yestersday i was joking that i was going to throw myself off the curb. LOL but i am totally confused now! because then i didn't really loose 8 lbs in the last two weeks? it is so discuraging seeing that number back up that high when yesterday morning i was slim shady! is new scale broken does anyone think?
Naughtymonkey01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 02:58 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

If your new scale is weighing you 8 lbs heavier than your last scale, that has NO IMPACT on what you've lost in the last 2 weeks. What it DOES impact is your starting weight. Your old scale weighed you at a starting weight of 280, and this new scale, which weighs 8 lbs heavier, would have weighed you at a starting weight of 288. Regardless, that cannot take away the accomplishment of 8 lbs lost.

on the 8 lbs!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 03:08 PM   #3  

I bought a new scale this week too - it weighs 7.8 pounds heavier than my old scale! I still had my old scale so weighed on both to see the difference, so I know I didn't gain that weight!
doinglunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 280/233/150

Height: 5'7

lol it totally stinks when you get a new scale and it is different. The new one is prettier but allll yesterday i was calling the the evil scale. Sigh! ok at least i know i can update all my stuff and i wont be lying.

thanks girls!!!
Naughtymonkey01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:18 AM   #5  

They last time I was on a diet in 2007 I had to get a new scale..
It was close to 20 pounds off. Boy was I upset..
wchs2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:47 AM   #6  
nirvikalpa samadhi

S/C/G: 369.5/ticker/169.5

Height: 5'8"

At Christmas, I spent 2 weeks with my sister. I have a dial-gauge scale but hers is digital. It weighed me at about 11 lbs less than my scale! It was awesome! But I didn't freak out once I got home and had magically gained that 11 lbs back.

Maybe mine weighs high, maybe hers weighs low ~ I don't know. A scale is just a measurement tool, don't let it derail you if it doesn't say what you expect it to. Good luck!
DCHound is offline   Reply With Quote