Old 01-23-2009, 05:14 PM   #1  

Post Does anyone eat 5-6 mini meals a day?

My husband, the weightlifter, said mini meals of 200-300 calories each are the ticket. I am also attempting to get 20-30 grams of protein at each meal as well as staying Low Glycemic Index with my food. I quit going out to eat and kicked the soda right off the bat as well. I'm also counting calories. It sounds like a lot but it isn't really. Once you get certain meals down pat you know how much protein and calories are in them. I am also not eating anything after 7pm unless it is a post workout snack (small, like high protein shake or something).

Has anyone here had success eating mini meals 5-6 times a day or even had experience with it? I am feeling pretty positive about it and I really think it will help with my blood sugar. Does anyone have anything good to say about this?

OH! AND, if you are doing this and you have had success, tell me what are some of your favorite low calorie meals? I am up for suggestions as I want to be open to more efficient mini meals than I currently have thought up for myself. Suggestions.. PLEASE! Much love to ya, ladies...

Last edited by LanMyers; 01-23-2009 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Added Thought
LanMyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 06:16 PM   #2  
FB

My trainer and guys at the gym pointed me in that direction back in May. It's worked well for me. Strike that - it's been freaking fantabulous!!!!!

Typical meals for me would focus on lean proteins and veggies. Chicken breast, cottage cheese and broccoli for instance. Salmon, albacore tuna, turkey, egg whites - on and on and on. I don't eat a huge variety of foods, but it doesn't bother me, the routine works well for me.

I've been eating to lift for some time now. Bodybuilding and eating to fuel it has given this chick great results.

Last edited by FB; 01-23-2009 at 06:17 PM.
FB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:46 PM   #3  
Let It Go

S/C/G: 230/228/160

Height: 5'8"

I eat 5 meals a day and all are about equal in calories - (I don't count calories etc.) I started eating this way on Jan 1 and have lost 13 pounds. I used to feel ups and downs throughout the day probably from my sugar levels but since I have been doing this I feel great. I haven't had those feelings since eating this way.
I eat breakfast, lunch one, lunch two, dinner one and dinner two.
I did make 2 changes: I stopped drinking Coke and switched to Coke Zero. I also am drinking several cups of hot tea everyday.
I feel better, don't have eating binges or cravings and I am losing weight. I love it.
delafax is offline   Reply With Quote