ARG! So mad at TBL.....That is all
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:40 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinx View Post
ARG! So mad at TBL.....That is all
I quit watching two weeks ago. I think it is losing its punch.
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:51 PM   #33  
Amy

I agree!!! WTF!!?!?!?!

I just like it for motivation. The best part is the end seeing how much they lost when they went home.

I am really sick of the drama too...
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:48 AM   #34  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

I have to agree, I've been kind of bored this season. But I'm still watching, and I snuck in a mini workout while I was watching!

Is anyone watching the bachelor?! I haven't watched that show in years, but wow this season is exciting!

I had a great day today! Got a lot of errands done and ate very nutritiously!

Joni-that is fabulous news! What a great motivation for you. You are going to have the best time with bf!!

AmyNj-how is WW going? I see a three lb loss!!! Way to go! Your schedule sounds crazy, but believe me it can be done even with crazy school. I stuck to a routine with food, it was boring but I always had a steady loss. Keeping a cooler in my car was key!

Hi Kim! Hope you get the A-OK to work out soon. Does it feel weird to miss working out? That is a huge sign that you are now addicted to exercise!

Hi Heather5!

Erin-GL this week. I hope your therapist can help you break through this. Hang in there girl!

Hi Barbara!

Bed time for me. Can you believe it's already wednesday?! My mom gets here thurs night. I'm excited but know it will pose some food challenges. I want a huge loss this week, so I'm going to stay focused!!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:32 AM   #35  

Height: 5'6

I've been watching The Bachelor this season! I don't always watch it but I figured it would be good this year...it's so funny cause usually they have some rich guy and before commercial they will be like "up next...whose dream of marrying an officer and a gentleman will be crushed?" Now it's, "whose dream of marrying single dad Jason will come true." Like that is every girl's fantasy...marrying a single dad. Not saying that is bad...**** I'll be marrying a single Dad but you know...not the typical little girls dream. I didn't like when Jason compared his single Dad status to Stephanie's single Mom status...he got divorced..has joint custody...her husband DIED when her baby was 10 weeks old. Totally different. Anyway..I hope the teasers of Deanna coming back are good...have a feeling maybe she's just coming back to give him some advice. Who knows. Enough about tv...

Diet wise...POP so far this week...and most of that 1.5 lb gain came off by today so here's to losing a couple pounds before Friday's weigh in!
Old 01-21-2009, 09:36 AM   #36  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

good morning everyone

Good luck, Amylou, you know with company and food. You can do well. Practice makes perfect. Speaking of practice......how is work going?

I have a boring weekend of nothing going on....and I am quite thrilled about it.

I have to plant my seedlings today.......please oh please let me make time for it. I want delicious tomatos as soon as possible

I have done good with the kids and school this week. Last week was horrible. DH is in Indiana right now......he left Tues. morning and will be back late tonight. I hate hate hate his traveling, but it is much easier now that youngest DS is 4. and that boy was such a pain in the butt yesterday while I was trying to watch the Innauguration. Oh well.....today will be a better day, I am srue.

JIllian.....sure hope your toe gets better soon.

I don't watch TBL or the Bachelor (DH already puts up wtih a lot of girlie shows.....) but I do love me some American Idol. Anyone watching this year? I may have an early predicition already........

Ok, have to get to work here.......I will check back later
Have a great day, everyone
XOXO
P.S. Katie.....get that man of yours a job......we miss you
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:48 AM   #37  
LAWL Salt Police

Ok.. so Liz and I watched TBL last night.. I've never really watched this show, but have caught snippets from time to time...

What really aggrivates me is the disappointment (DISAPPOINTMENT??!!??!!) of the contestants when they only show a 4 or 6 lbs. loss... WTF??!!??!!

Most of us would kill for that kind of result.. I know Liz was really mad at the reactions. She's had such a yo-yo struggle...

What a dumb show...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:50 AM   #38  
LAWL Salt Police

Oh.. Erin.. I forgot to mention...

The cheese seemed to melt pretty well, and didn't taste awful.. The real test is when I put it in a sandwich or on a turkey burger.. I'll keep ya posted!
Old 01-21-2009, 10:00 AM   #39  
Post-Master

Dan.....you crack me up......is snippets a word, or do you just make them up randomly?
Old 01-21-2009, 10:01 AM   #40  
Katie

Height: 5'1

My daycare kids were really naughty during the inaugeration too. Must be a kid thing. My own kids were really disappointed that they missed it since they were are school. I had to promise to find it online for them today. I have been more political than usual this time around, and it really shows in my kids. We ate at Wingers last night, and my 9 y/o son had an adult converstation with our waiter about politics. It was so great. Oh, and planting seedlings today? Oh, I wish I was.....I have cabin fever so bad right now! It is way too soon for seedlings here. You can't put anything in the ground until after Memorial Day, or it will freeze. Tomato trees though, could go in gallon pots in the house, couldn't they? I paid $40 dollars last June at the Farmers Market for a huge tomato tree that already had red tomatoes on it. Wonder how soon I would need to start those?

Mary- That is really sad about DH's uncle. How are things going?
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:20 AM   #41  

Height: 5'6

Oh yes, congratulations Americans on your new president! Interesting enough, you wouldn't believe how many people in Canada were glued to their tvs for the inaugeration. Not that that is a bad thing but I wish they would pay half as much attention to their own politics in their own country!
Our government could possibly fall this month! (again) but no one seems to be too concerned with that...
Old 01-21-2009, 11:05 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

I watched TBL last night and the part that made me really mad was the temptation... that's just cruel, did you see Mandy's look of disgust as she was eating that slice of pizza? I felt like I wanted to vomit for her! Speaking of vomit, is whatshername (the former model) the same one that vomited on the treadmill on the first show? I hear "model" and see vomit and think that she can perform this on demand...

Anyway, I was actually hoping that Joelle would not go this week - if she goes home she will not get better, she won't lose weight and she will be a lost cause. I feel the same about Dan (not you Dan! Dan on the show), I don't feel that they've gained the level of motivation needed to make a life change and I feel like they both need to be there... I hated the ending where they showed the previews for next week and pretty much told us who was up for elimination next week - the two 19 year old boys!

Anyway - enough ticker denial for me, I need to change it - I've gained 1lb that is not going away. I usually have this problem when I start to work out, but I am going to still push forward with the exercise. Today's challenge - I was invited to a birthday dinner at Olive Garden - I already accepted the invitation, now can I be good? Luckily I have to go straight from there to pick up the kids so I will not be having a drink (save myself some calories there!). wish me luck - going to look at the menu now!
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:12 AM   #43  
Post-Master

Katie....my kids were and are all political right now too. They have a great environment for discussion........as DH and I have comlete opposite political veiws.............well, not complete.....but he supports one party, and I support the other. It has really helped them realize that you can have completely differnt views, and still respect someone elses views. It is good stuff.

Kristen...........thanks, we are pretty excited around here I hope things start to look up for your's soon
XOXO
Old 01-21-2009, 12:21 PM   #44  
LAWL Salt Police

Snippet:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/snippet
Old 01-21-2009, 12:48 PM   #45  
Post-Master

Quote: