3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Question regarding Alli and "side effects" (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/161855-question-regarding-alli-side-effects.html)

bunny43 01-17-2009 07:28 PM

Question regarding Alli and "side effects"

Hi there

Have been reading comments regarding Alli and some side effects that may happen. I understand all that is said and explained, but what I don't understand is the frequent stools that may be hard to control.

Yikes! Does that mean exploding bowels? Like out of nowhere you have to go ASAP? :o

Someone please explain if they have experienced any of these 'treatment' side effects.

Thanks a bunch!

gail

MISFIT 01-17-2009 07:33 PM

I think it just means diarreah and you really need to go. I don't think it's uncontrollable.

I just started Alli today so I'll find out soon.

bunny43 01-17-2009 07:39 PM

Oh thanks for your response. If you don't mind posting your experiences with it I'll check the forum daily.

Thanks again....gail

heather88 01-17-2009 07:45 PM

When I first took it I had to go really bad but that is because I wasn't on plan for two weeks before I took it (just a few days) and after that I had more frequent stools, but they are controllable. If you go over your fat grams its possible to get oily spots. I go #2 2-3 times a day and I've been on alli for 3 weeks now.

RN BSN 2009 01-17-2009 07:48 PM

The more fat you eat the more unpleasant the side effects will be.

kisskiss 01-17-2009 08:23 PM

I cheated on my fat intake a couple of times, but I never got the side effects like "oily stools"....i dunno, may be I was a unique case. But, I definitely kept my fat intake on track most of the time bc I was afraid of the side effects that could occur

goldenhorse 02-09-2009 07:53 PM

I have never had a problem with Alli. I stick to the plan because I do not want to risk the side effects. It helps me to drive by the fast food joints when I am starving and ready to give in to cravings. I think it is great.

nelie 02-09-2009 08:03 PM

One thing to remember is that your bowels/colon/rectum are not designed to pass fat. Normally during the digestion process, your body will extract all the fat from the food you eat. Fat is slippery and well it is possible that if you eat too much fat then the amount of fat that is excreted is increased to beyond what your rectum can control, then it will exit the body, whether you want it to or not. That is why they recommend that you stay within 15g fat/meal. It is possible that you can 'get away' with it but its also the reason they recommend keeping a change of clothes with you just in case.

wchs2007 02-09-2009 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenhorse (Post 2604533)
I have never had a problem with Alli. I stick to the plan because I do not want to risk the side effects. It helps me to drive by the fast food joints when I am starving and ready to give in to cravings. I think it is great.

I agree with this. I have been on Alli for a couple of weeks now. I lose between 3 &4 lbs a week. I have yet to have any treatment effect.

kelly315 02-09-2009 08:27 PM

I ate what they told me to- about 15 grams a meal, and I never had any problems