Old 01-15-2009, 08:30 PM   #16  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I think that when trying to find out what works for you, the least restrictive methods should be tried first, and add extra limits as you need to. There's no reason to put more limits onto yourself than necessary. How much weight you have to lose, how long you've been trying to lose it, genetic factors, whether or not you're a compulsive or emotional eater, and whether or not you have trigger foods (and how bad a binge they trigger) and probably hudreds of other variables all probably play some role in which plans might work best and how much restriction or structure you need, but ultimately it all boils down to trial and error.

My dad needed to lose about 30 lbs, and he's lost nearly all of it, just by changing a few of his habits. He's always been slim and active until retirement, and then put on the retirement "spare tire." He lost all of his weight by bicycling with my sister a couple times a week, cutting way back on his cookie and milk habit (instead of a dozen cookies with a glass of milk, most days he has two cookies and coffee once in a while), and going without second portions at dinner.

No one can tell you whether or not you need to count anything, or what you have to count. You can just guess and try.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote