3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   How much a week? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/161321-how-much-week.html)

LA85 01-12-2009 07:12 PM

How much a week?

How much weight a week is good to loss? I heard 2lbs a week?

I dont have patience and i need to see results ASAP, im going to try and be happy about loosing 4 pounds last week. But whats a healthy pound lost for a week??

Lovely 01-12-2009 07:17 PM

1 - 2 lbs a week is what is healthy to be lost, not necessarily what is average, or what is going to be good for you.

I don't have a lot of patience, either, but I can tell you that my patience level has grown since losing weight. It's something we all HAVE to be patient about. Rome wasn't built in a day.

rubbytummy 01-12-2009 07:28 PM

Patience is hands-down the hardest part of losing weight, I think. I've read many places that a healthy expectation is 1% of your body weight every week in fat loss. So the closer you get to your goal, the slower you lose the weight. Also, depending on the plan you're on, it's not uncommon to lose very quickly in the beginning compared to your loss later.

Daimere 01-12-2009 07:35 PM

Also, remember, slower weight loss means there is more of a chance of it staying off.

kelly315 01-12-2009 07:56 PM

Two pounds of week is pretty perfect. It really adds up- this fall flew by and I'm already 60 pounds lighter.

However, if you're under a certain weight (probably around an "overweight" bmi), it's more likely that your healthy weight loss will be one pound.

LA85 01-12-2009 07:56 PM

ahh!! I just need to stay focused and be happy for whatever melts away lol.

thanks guys:)

zenor77 01-12-2009 07:58 PM

I believe the rule is 1% of your current weight. So 2-2.5 lbs a week would be considered a good rate of loss for you. As you lose, that number will go down.

LandonsBaby 01-12-2009 08:50 PM

I would say let this be a lesson in patience. We need to have patience in every part of life. :D Of you need to see a 4lb loss every week in order to be satisfied, you will eventually give up. I'm not saying that to be mean I'm just being honest with you.

LandonsBaby 01-12-2009 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LA85 (Post 2547118)
ahh!! I just need to stay focused and be happy for whatever melts away lol.

thanks guys:)

I didn't see this. Yes, that is the attitude!!! :carrot:

BelovedImzadi 01-12-2009 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LA85 (Post 2547027)
How much weight a week is good to loss? I heard 2lbs a week?

I dont have patience and i need to see results ASAP, im going to try and be happy about loosing 4 pounds last week. But whats a healthy pound lost for a week??

I've been making two week goals. It helps a little with the patience aspect.

BTW, 2 pounds a week is 104 lbs a year. That's actually quite a bit!

RN BSN 2009 01-12-2009 09:17 PM

rubby... lol..... so if I lose %1 per week for 100 weeks, will I disappear??

Just kidding :) :lol:

WarMaiden 01-12-2009 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RN BSN 2009 (Post 2547353)
rubby... lol..... so if I lose %1 per week for 100 weeks, will I disappear??

Just kidding :) :lol:

Technically, no, because it's 1% of your current weight, not starting weight. It's like going half the distance, then half of the remaining distance, then half of the remaining distance...you can do that infinitely and not cover the entire beginning distance, since there's always half left.

My current maximum expected weightloss in a week would be about 2.3 pounds. But when I started losing weight, my maximum expected weightloss in a week would have been about 2.9 pounds.

WormwoodDoll 01-12-2009 10:08 PM

2lbs is just fine. It's true that slow weight loss has a better chance of staying off.

Some weeks will be more and some weeks will be less or not at all. It's what is excepted. Setting high goals can really disappoint you and may discourage you from wanting to do this. Just remember, every pound counts and it will add up in the end.

michelle7 01-13-2009 04:29 PM

I agree 2 pounds max a week average. A bit more if it's 1% of your weight. I sometimes lost 2.5 or 3 after a week of losing 1 pound (or less) but when I lose more than 2 pounds I start to worry I am losing muscle and I don't want to do that.

dixied 01-13-2009 05:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, because I'm such a dork about these things, I made myself a 1% per week chart. Then, I did one for LA85. Now, we all know these things are highly variable, but I just wanted to show how little time it would take to lose to your goal weight at 1% a week loss.

I'm going to attach it as a pdf.