Old 01-14-2009, 07:34 AM   #16  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

oops.

Last edited by JLem311; 01-14-2009 at 08:16 AM. Reason: prego brain on the loose!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:19 AM   #17  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Great recap Amy! And congrats on resisting the evils.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:54 AM   #18  

Height: 5'6

My victory this week has been making the change and starting this program! I only have the one day under my belt and it was pretty tough in the evening, to avoid the snacks, or beer during the hockey game but I'm sure it will get easier!
I seriously considered putting off starting just a bit longer but I'm tired of wasting time...If I had of done it last year I could be at goal today...and I don't want to be saying the same thing next year. So here I am! Day 2 of fast forward. How did all those on TO make out this week?
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:39 AM   #19  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

wow.......Amylou, Jersey Amy and Cecilia........you guys ROCK. I am seriosly thinking of copying Jersey Amy's build up to exercise. And, Amylou............what a cookie nightmare. I am so proud of you for resisting. The whole work treats thing just sucks. If they don't ask........you have to wonder why, and if they do ask.....you want to pound knobs on their heads for being so inconsiderate........and I can tell you........if I had bakery cookies around me.......it might be all over. I can mostly control my food environment.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:40 AM   #20  
Post-Master

Oh, and Kristin......WTG. It gets easier and easier
Old 01-14-2009, 10:42 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Amylou - GREAT JOB! I can totally relate to the cookie crisis! I was always the one in the office that would be first up for cakes/cookies/candies. At times over the years I would be on a "diet" and skip the treats, no one knew why and they would badger my "why aren't you having some? This is delicious!". It got to the point that when I would think about sticking to the diet and skipping the treats, an evil voice would come into my head and say "everyone thinks your an idiot for missing out on the treats, you know that next month you will not be on the diet anymore and will be partaking in the treats anyway, so why not just have some today?"

So when I started LAWL I told everyone that I came in contact with! Everyone knew what I was doing and what I could and couldn't have and guess what?! They all became very supportive and avoided offering me treats! At the potlucks some people would even jump onboard and make sure that we had a fruit tray and a veggie tray! It got me through and now that I've lost a considerable amount of weight they still accept when I'm willing to try a SMALL piece of whatever is offered that day, they leave it up to me and I am confident in my newfound sense of judgement and ability to balance treats with my food for the rest of the day / week. You can get there! Stay strong
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:44 AM   #22  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Keep it up Kristin! It definitely does get easier, but start training now to avoid those unneccesary BLTs and beers.

I know you started the alcohol thread, but I'll post here that I really cut back my drinking for about 8weeks when I started. I think I probably only drank one time. I noticed that the next time I did have 2 glasses of wine-it hit me HARD! It was actually pretty fun being a cheap date. I tried my hardest to stay away from beer, or any of those flavored beers like Mike's hard lemonade. Those seemed to effect my weight more than wine or hard alcohol (gin and tonics). I know it's hard but it's SO worth it!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:53 AM   #23  

Yes, I'm looking forward to being a cheap date again too! I've always drank light beer but it's gotten to the point that even 8 barely hits me...that's BAD! I am definitely giving up beer for awhile...when summer hits that's when I'll really want beer...till then an occasional wine spritzer or couple glasses of red wine is what I am thinking. ANd of course I will try to compensate by working out more on those weekends and drinking more water.
I can't wait till this day is over! Looking forward to getting to have La Lites everyday! Just wish I could find more of the Chocolate peanut butter ones...they are so good and I only have one box!
Old 01-14-2009, 12:37 PM   #24  
Amy

Hey Guys!

Congrats on your NSV Amylou. Offices are the WORST place for a diet. Then on the other hand they can be your dump zone too. Haha! If I had fatty foods or a recipe turning out not like I planned, I would take it into the office! HAHA! That's NOT me being generous fools!!

Nicole- The building up is awesome. That chart is in this month's ssue of WW magazine. It starts small with walking 5 minutes and 5 jumping jacks. It's TOO easy almost! But by the end of the 8 weeks you're walking 30 minutes and doing 30 jumping jacks!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:38 PM   #25  
Amy

Kristinx- Good luck witht he alcohol. I have never been much of a drinker, so I didn't miss it. There are so many beers now with lower calories. I see the commercials all the time. So when you have one, you can choose wisely. I think I remember on LAWL that 4oz of wine counted as a fruit. 4oz!!! That's like one sip!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:27 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 204/204/150

Height: 5' 10"

Sounds like everyone is doing great this week!!

I apologize I don't have time for personals, it's yearend/quarter end and we have twice as much work to do and half the time to do it in!! Lots of overtime until the 31st!

My small victory this week? I'm down another 2 lbs!! We have a treat cube right behind me with chips, salsa, crackers and I even brought cornflake bars (just like rice krispie bars, but with cornflakes - YUM!). Today I brought chocolate chip cookies, but will not have any, mostly because I don't like them. They are the ones that are preformed in the box, fund raiser cookies.

Back to the grind I go! Have a great OP weekend everyone!! You can do it!!
AngieH75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:08 PM   #27  
LAWL Salt Police

Hey gang..

My non-scale-victory this week happened this morning..

As I was paying for my coffee at the gas station after filling up, the clerk asked me if I wanted to sign up for their rewards program.. You get a little key fob card that you swipe when you fill up or buy items from the convenience store.. So I go ahead and sign up.. Well, the "premium" for signing up is a big ol' snickers bar. So as she's handing me the bar, I turn her down, telling her to give it to someone else (it will probably end up in her pocket, right?)...

So I feel pretty good about being able to resist.. I LOVE snickers bars, but haven't had a one (a full one, not the little bites) in at least a couple years...

Last edited by Dan2112; 01-16-2009 at 12:09 PM.
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:21 PM   #28  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

great job dan! that is definitely an awesome victory!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:27 PM   #29  

Great job Dan!
My DB got an 8 pack of beer last night. He first tried to hide it but I told him don't worry about me, you can drink it and I had no problems not having a one And then I even got him on the Wii Fit after I did my workout
Old 01-16-2009, 12:34 PM   #30  
Post-Master

keep up the good, I mean GREAT work everyone My victory....a 3 pund loss this week. But even greater than that.....my comittment to getting and staying healthy got a bit stronger this week.