Old 01-12-2009, 11:37 PM   #16  

Height: 5'7"

So what are the thoughts of the 2 plans?

I am so glad I did LAWL last year b/c it really forced me to change my eating habits. Because of the 30 day Express deal I had to figure out how to eat lean meats, veggies etc. I remember in January last year on LAWL that I felt better than I ever have in my life.

I'm incorporating all of those good habits into the WW plan, which is most definately what is making it different for me this time around. Also, I'm doing the At-Home Program b/c I think that weighing in & the WW meetings really freaked me out.

This time on WW I'm actually paying attention to the good health guidelines. I am totally guilty of eating junk in smaller portions in past attempts at this plan. I was always hungry because I wasn't getting proper nutrition.

Long story short (yeah right!) I'm kind of blending the plans & I honestly don't even feel like I'm dieting. I just feel like I'm eating healthy & living my life!

Love it!

Oh, and even tho I quit LAWL I must say that this was the 1st year in over a decade where my starting weight for the year was lower than it was the year before. THAT I completely owe to LAWL b/c even tho I fell of the wagon I was WAY more conscious of my eating than I have ever been. I made lots of lifelong changes last year. So props to LAWL!!

Last edited by ChefsGirl; 01-12-2009 at 11:40 PM.
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 02:18 AM   #17  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Jill! It's really good to see your post. I'm so glad you are finding success with WW. I have to admit that I wish I were using more of my LAWL knowledge with WW. WW is a lot easier, but I know I would be losing faster if I were eliminating some of those extra carbs. I'm workin' on it!

I know there is a WW forum on 3FC, but I've really found a home here on the LAWL boards, and I intend to stay. I'll browse the other threads for recipes or quick point stuff, but I plan on staying here!

How is everyone doing?

jersAmy-I'm so glad you finally got your scale back! Let's do this!!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 03:34 PM   #18  

I hear ya Amy! The LAWL group is really a bunch of special ladies & men (Dan!)

I always think of Dan whenever I tell people that I gave up salt last year....is he still the "salt police?"
Old 01-13-2009, 04:43 PM   #19  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Oh yes, we try not to provoke the salt monster too much, though.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 05:40 PM   #20  
Amy

Hey guys!

I understand how it would be easy to manipulate WW... Let's NOT do that. I was thinking the other day that I need to think of this what it is, a lifestyle change. It's so funny, their slogan is true... Diets don't work...

The great thing about WW is that you can eat what you want just in MODERATION. And it incorporates healthy foods into a diet.

My problem is not eatting all my points. I was short 1.5 yesterday which isn't bad, but I know I won't be able to eat my activity points and my extra 35.

How many points do you guys have?? I have 31...
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:43 PM   #21  

I have 41. I always eat all of them & most of my points allowance.

What can I say? I love food! Obviously......

One thing that is new to me tho is I am waking up in the morning starving! It passes after little while. I suppose that's a good sign, that during the night I started dipping into the fat reserve.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:46 PM   #22  
Amy

It's funny, so am I. THey want me to track my hunger and I feel bad saying that I am HUNGRY when I wake up. I am very satisfied throughout the day though.

For dinner tonight I made a Quiche out of a WW cookbook. AMAZING. SOOOO GOOD! WIth it I made a salad of mixed greens and dried cranberries with a balsamic vinagrette. For dessert, FF Jello Pudding with WHipped CREAM! I thought I died and went to heaven!

Hope you guys are doing well!
Old 01-13-2009, 09:53 PM   #23  

Me too! I'm good to go all day long. I was starting to feel hungry this afternoon & I was like "well silly girl eat something then!" I had like 20 pts left for the day, it's like there's still a piece of me that thinks I have to suffer.

Quiche huh? One of the cookbooks came w/ my At-Home Package & I haven't even opened it yet. I'm sure I'll get into it when I start to get bored but as of Week 4, I haven't yet. I seriously learned to cook when I was on LAWL & I'm pretty much eating the same foods I was then, just w/ a little extra umph if you know what I mean.

That salad sounds alot like one of my faves, dried cranberries, walnuts, romaine & iceberg, cucumber & rasberry vin dressing. YUMMY!

We had homemade taco salads for dinner w/ lean ground beef. Taco Tuesday!

I planned to have a skinny cow for desert later & that should be it for the day. Those things are lifesavers for me.

I've been on track for so many days in a row I've lost count
Old 01-13-2009, 10:01 PM   #24  
Amy

Congrats Jill! How much have you lost since being on WW? 22lb??

(I just need some motivation and I love seeing that it works!)
Old 01-13-2009, 10:07 PM   #25  

I wish!

22 is what I've lost since my highest weight last January when I started LAWL.

I've lost 8 lbs on WW so far, since December 20th. I could lose more but I give myself days off here or there to give myself a break. I know this is going to be a LONG haul. I shoot for 2 lbs a week, so far so good!
Old 01-14-2009, 12:32 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 256/213/165

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRCATON View Post
I have 41. I always eat all of them & most of my points allowance.

What can I say? I love food! Obviously......

One thing that is new to me tho is I am waking up in the morning starving! It passes after little while. I suppose that's a good sign, that during the night I started dipping into the fat reserve.
Jill I was watching Ali from the Biggest Loser and she said that at the ranch you would have to eat something within 30 mins from the time that you wake up to get your metabolism going. If you think about it I guess you really should because when your sleep for 8 hours your not eating. How often do we go 8 hours without eating? I guess it would be ok to wake up hungry then.
SoulSista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:14 PM   #27  
Amy

Hey guys! Just checking in. Was kind of bad tonight, had 5 pieces of pizza. They were really thin and I was STARVING. I am going to have to dip into my reserve points!

I made Pumpkin Apple Bread today. Was not a hit. The bread was really wet and DEFINITELY needed the powdered sugar that was called for on top.

How's everyone else doing??
Old 01-14-2009, 09:37 PM   #28  

Hmm........30 minutes huh? I'm lucky if I've made it to the shower by then. Sounds like something to strive for. I usually get breakfast as soon as I get to work, about 2 hours after I get up.

Hey Amy, you weren't bad as long as you counted your points! The beauty of WW

I bought Perkins muffings for a co-worker's birthday this morning & halfway thro it I was like "what am I doing I am totally cheating!" But then I realized that I had already planned for it & counted the points. My mind was playing tricks on me.

Has anyone had the 100 cal hostess snacks? We went grocery shopping today & they were on sale. OMG! They are so good & only 1 point for the chocolate cupcakes.

Had some carrots & celery for a snack.

Chicken Caesar Salad for dinner. Really good w/ some leftover chicken I made on Monday.

Right now snacking on some low fat popcorn & getting ready to watch a movie w/ the DF.

Good day!
Old 01-14-2009, 10:23 PM   #29  

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRCATON View Post
I wish!

22 is what I've lost since my highest weight last January when I started LAWL.

I've lost 8 lbs on WW so far, since December 20th. I could lose more but I give myself days off here or there to give myself a break. I know this is going to be a LONG haul. I shoot for 2 lbs a week, so far so good!
When I did weight watchers I found I actually did better having one "cheat" day a week. Like it boosted my metabolism to take in extra calories for a day. Problem was I wasn't so good at keeping it to one day....Cheats became every Friday night, Saturday and Sunday...hence I plateaued for months...and eventually gained it all back.

Have any of you tried the no counting plan? My sister did it and lost 90 lbs in less than a year...and kept it off for over 2 years...till she got pregnant and even pregnant never gained that much...it's a great plan if you like the allowable foods....I just didn't so never ate enough on it
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:37 PM   #30  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Kristin-I originally signed up online to do the alternative non-point plan. I was really hesitant to do the pts bc I just didn't think it was as healthy as LAWL. I tried for one day to do the other plan and couldn't even last 1 day! It was just too limiting for my lifestyle.

I definitely feel like I'm losing much slower on WW. I know that the extra carbs that I fit into my points are what slow me down. But I agree that it really is a gradual lifestyle change, rather than a real diet.

Now that i finally have a handle on my points and how to portion them throughout the day, I'm going to step up my game and make better choices for myself. Not a TO or anything, but consciously choosing high fiber starches rather than allowing sweeter options and heavy breads to take up my points.

I made my spinach smoothie this morning. SOmeone tried it and said they could taste the spinach? I think you need to add more fruit! I put in a whole cup of frozen mixed berries and a heavy splash of OJ and I don't taste the spinach at all.

I was on the road at lunch so I settled for a carl's jr. charbroiled chicken salad (6pts). I removed the cheese, but the house dressing was 6pts for the packet!! Good thing I only had half of it. No croutons of course.

I also am completely addicted to the Fiber One granola bars (2pts) they are really filling and so easy to bring with me on the road.

GL guys!!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote