Old 01-07-2009, 10:12 PM   #1  
mugwhumps

Exclamation LA for nurses - EDIT to include LA recipes on their website!!

hello all,

just browsing the LA website, before that too disappears, and found a special program 'just for nurses'. Is anyone familiar with this, how is it different? etc...
here is the link - it's on the LA website under the LA program pulldown tab, then LA cares programs.

http://www.la-weightloss.com/difference/lacares.aspx

my COD tried to understand and communicate my shift working needs to the nutritionists when I stopped losing...for 8 months.... and maybe this LA cares program actually works?

thanks!

Last edited by mugwhumps; 01-11-2009 at 04:45 PM. Reason: change title to more accurate description
mugwhumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:41 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8

Those were just *specials* that the company use to run. Nurses would be able to enroll for only 7 dollars a week. They run the same thing for teachers, students, etc. sometimes. Just another way to get the word out and promote enrollments. They were rolling out the Super Foods RX program (which is emphasizing eating more fiberous foods and foods with higher water contents) so you may have gotten that upon enrollment. So, the program is no different.
AndreaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:17 AM   #3  
mugwhumps

alright thanks...
kinda hoping for 'secret' tips for shift workers and those too busy to eat! by the time the day's over you're starving and wendy's or whatever on the way home is just too easy... why is there never a secret answer?!!??!!??!!?

oh and everyone, on that website (catch it before it's gone) there are recipes LA approved !! great stuff from turkey to pita chips to chicken something I can't pronounce and dessert!!
Old 01-08-2009, 10:24 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8

The secret tip was just always the menu planning. I use to tell my clients exactly when and what to eat to avoid diet mishaps. Not sure if all the centers were like that but I took their weight loss personal. Do you work 3 12 hour days or third shift?
AndreaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:38 PM   #5  
mugwhumps

I work 12 hours day day night night then 5 off... the first 'day' after my last shift is basically sleep 9-5 eat something bed at 10pm... they told me to eat one meal - after they called the nutritionists and they went haywire saying I wasn't following plan... of course not I can't eat a whole days worth of food in 5 hours!! sick!

my centre did have people who cared... I have a 'tlc' diet plan calendar thing that gives food combos so I follow that... eat lots of veg and a fulfilling protein like salmon on my one-meal day. or I try to do TO on my night shifts as anyone who works nights know that gut rot sets in early... it's easier to drink juice and have salad instead of eating your foods on nights...