Old 03-03-2009, 01:35 AM   #1  

Default Want to try Medifast. Anyone have experience?

Hi, I am a new poster here but I have been reading these forums for a little bit. I am sick of being so overweight and want to try the Medifast program. On the Medifast website, which program is the best? Just the standard women's package for $299.00? I was hoping someone that has had experience with this program could chime in. How does the food taste? My husband tried Diet To Go and said it was terrible so I really do not want to waste money again. He got really pissed off the last time.

Thanks so much for any help. I really appreciate it!
bigblackgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:11 AM   #2  

Height: 6"1"

I tried Medifast last year. I didn't buy the $299 package. I just started off with a few boxes. I didn't like any of the shakes. I thought they had a weird after taste. I didn't mind the tomato or broccoli soup. They want you to eat every 2 hours. The 5 & 1 plan. Eat 5 of their products and then the 1 is a meal that they call Lean and Green (the website will explain it for you).

If you can follow the plan, you'll lose all the weight that they promise. My friend did. She looked great. She stopped eating their food when she lost the weight. Then she gained the weight back she lost plus a few more pounds because she went right back to eating junk. It really does not teach you healthy eating habits.

I couldn't follow the plan for a few reasons. I didn't have the time to eat every 2 hours. Its hard when you are out for the day or at work (carry around water, the powder, something to mix it in, heating up the soup, etc). Like I said before, I didn't like the aftertaste of the shakes, so that kind of limited me to what I can have on the plan. Also, it was hard for me to be drinking 8 oz of soup while my family was eating normally.

My suggestion is that you try it before you buy tons of boxes or their packages. EBay has tons of people that are selling it. There is nothing wrong with them. I have bought them myself (and sold them). They are just from people who bought a box of 7 shakes, didn't like them, and are selling the rest.

I hope this helped somewhat. I don't want you not to try it if your heart is set on it. This could be just the diet you are looking for (very structured). I couldn't do it. If you have the support and the $$, go for it. Good luck on whatever you choose.
Sockerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:54 AM   #3  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

We have a Medifast forum where I'm sure they'd love to get you all the information you need.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=223
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:47 AM   #4  
Operator265

I used it and liked it. You should follow the Transition and Maintenance Guides when you reach your goal weight to keep the weight off. I didn't , but I didn't eat poorly anyways, so I didn't really gain much at all. Also, I researched diets that I wanted to try while I was still losing.

Now, I'm using WonderSlim and like it too. The food tastes better and there are a few other differences like being able to have fruit and starches. I'm shooting for 150 on it before transitioning again.

I use thermoses and mix my food before work. It is really handy for me on shift work out in a truck all day w/o a frig or microwave.

Come on over to the link Mandalinn posted. We'll be happy to see you there.

Last edited by Operator265; 03-04-2009 at 10:48 AM.