Old 01-08-2009, 02:59 PM   #106  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

I think you're allowed laughing cow cheese...at least my closed COD said I could!
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 03:09 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 162/143/120

Height: 5'4

Funny. When I had my gb removed that was the first thing I asked. My doctor wasn't so impressed. I didn't lose anything. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Craptastic! I lost my book so now I am just guessing what equals portions. Not good, not good at all.

I went spinning today. If I wasn't so busy I'd be napping right now. My body needs to readjust, a month of not working out not so good.

Yup, also addicted to fb. I agree with whoever said it is like crack for computers. I need to get a life and quickly. Hard to do when it is so darn cold here and snowy

My addiction also stems to Real Housewives but only OC, I don't care for the NY one. Too bad that Tammy left and now Laurie isn't coming back. And I totally agree that Vicki has really changed and it's not great.

Nicole, I had my oldest daughter when I was 18. I went to University 4 hrs from home. I moved out at that stage. There are day cares and support groups on campus. I would think it would be easier to get secured in a life these days what with the internet. I was still able to join clubs and party even though I had a child. No, it wasn't the carefree life of most students but I knew that when I decided to keep my baby. Mind you I have no idea how your family dynamic is but I raised my own child the entire time though my mom helped with occasional babysitting.. You guys will figure out what is the right thing for your grand daughter. I just want to add that I know very few moms that were able to leave their children forever and that can really screw many people up: the mom/grand mom and the child. I do not envy the decision process that will be coming up in your home. I wish you the best of luck! Society can judge all they want but it only matters to those who live in your house!
Tan

Last edited by petitelapin; 01-08-2009 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Apparently I never learned to spell. LOL!
petitelapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 03:13 PM   #108  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Mary, where r u? I am not letting you fall away that fast!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 03:14 PM   #109  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Craptastic? That's awesome!! My newest is , "What is you *****uation?"
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:57 PM   #110  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

Katie, I am still here. I have been out of the house most of the day and I couldn't make myself eat breakie because I was literally doubled over in cramps. I do not cramp bad normally, but I had 1 week straight of abdominal problems from a virus ad I think I didn't absorb nutrition well that week...I know lack of calcium for one thing makes your cramps really bad. I drugged up on ibuprofen and dropped the kids off and then grocery shopped a little.

for lunch I did eat a casserole I had made earlier this week because it was going to go to waste. It was good and I had used very good/healthy ingredients and I counted it as best I could. I used on plan ingredients but didn't measure since I had not decided to get back on board the day I made it. Maybe not "by the book" but WHATEVER. I am having a terrible period so I think a healthy veggie packed dish is nothing to be ashamed of. I weighed 199 this morning, so that's plus. It definitely motivates me not go to overboard today.
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 05:00 PM   #111  
Bring sexy back

Height: 5'6"

Nicole, I don't know what to tell you...definitely out of my range of expertise. We had a girl at my college who did go to a sleep away college (ours) instead of stay with her son (the grandparents raised him while she was in school). Her parents were professors so she could have probably gotten free tuition near her parents/son so I think she was purposely trying to escape her situation vs. just have a better life for them both. I think you are gonna have to see your daughter's motivation. Is it a better school? The girl at my college did get her son back but she was not happy about it and acts very immature toward him- he calls her by his first name- he's a good kid but she has not been a mother to him. If your daughter is a loving mother when you are around maybe she just wants to better THEIR life. For the girl I am talking about she never wanted to be a mother and the boy would be better off with his g-parents but unfortunately they are very old and cannot care for him anymore.

Last edited by Dairy Fairy; 01-08-2009 at 05:01 PM.
Dairy Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 05:52 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Nicole, Teenagers are so hard... I would personally be both disappointed that my DD did not suddenly morph into super mom and also that she was not going to be able to do the normal college freshman type of things.... I guess it is unrealistic to expect that she would be mature beyond her years... I wonder if she has really thought this through. I have often been surprised with how little young people these days have thought things through. I think we've done such a wonderful job protecting and sheltering them that they tend to not see the negative side of things... and I hate being the downer Debbie who has to point out the negative things. Is going out of state to college even a financial possiblity?

Dan, I have found recently, since I have been counting calories, that going back to measuring everything carefully has been important for me. It is easy to slowly slip into eating just a hair more and then even a hair more than that.

Jillian, Poor toe! Darn windshield hitting rock! Life sometime has days that suck like that. To have it happen when DH is away.. extra bad. How many days until DH is back? I got a rock mark on my windshield that needs to be taken care of too.. I was sort of waiting to see if I got any more, since there is just so much gravel every where right now.

Amy, I don't think you grow apart so much, as you grow so much together that you appreciate your separateness.

Katie, Hope that this is the start of a period of better health, fitness and thinness for you.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:12 PM   #113  
Amy

Hey guys,

Just saying hello.

Cecilia- I am doing it online. I didn't know there were options/plans, I just joined for 3 months up front to save some $$.

KimberlyR- do you mind sharing some of your menus from the last week? I don't know where to start with WW...it is obviously working for you!

Well, gotta get ready for choir rehearsal tonight.

Take Care! It's almost FRIDAY!!!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:31 PM   #114  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

well, today was fine. only because i stayed home all day and didn't leave the house!
i called the dr about my toe--and talked to her nurse and there's really nothing that they can do. it looks horrible though. the bruising has spread to the top of my foot below my toe. so it's all black and blue now. and hurts terribly. i'm limping. it's quite painful. i'm still gonna have them look at it on monday when i go for my regular prenatal appt.
got the crack in my windshield fixed today too. i made them come out to my house to fix it too because i couldn't even put on socks or shoes. i love flip flops, but wearing them year-round isn't an option here like it was in NC.

so tomorrow i need to get a few groceries..hopefully i can at least get shoes on so i can do that. haven't really gotten to talk to DH much either. he's been super busy with his training stuff.
thanks for all the support/comments about my terrible week. it's nice that i can come here and vent..especially now, when i don't have many people to turn to while DH is away. i hope you're all around next year when he gets deployed--lord knows i'll need each and every one of you.

sorry no personals for me..but i just thought i'd check in and say hi.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:54 PM   #115  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Hi all - haven't read the posts since I hadn't watched TBL until tonight and didn't want to ruin it!

Nicole - I see you've already gotten lots of advice here ...I'll start by saying you are an awesome lady and I can only assume DH is an awesome guy for not simply putting the cabash (sp??) on DD's potential future plans. There's no doubt who would be the better 'mom' for Maria. I would also suggest that DD figure out a way to finance her out-of-state education and living expenses and not put that additional burden on you (I actually suggest that to most of my friends but nobody listens!).

I'm proud to post my exercise so far this week (something they are doing the biggest loser 3fc site)...Hope I can keep up the pace!
1/4: 30 minutes elliptical 1.508 miles; upper body weights 30 min
1/5: 45 minute RPM (cycle) class; 15 minutes of intense ab work
1/6: 30 minutes treadmill; 8 min Abs
1/7: 60 min Body Pump class at the gym
1/8: 20 min Treadmill (AM); 40 min Treadmill PM L5

Saving this post and will try and pick up later!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:07 PM   #116  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Barbara.....yes, since we lived in Wisconsin our whole lives, and we moved DD away 4 years ago, and she is, "planning," on staying in Wisconsin for the better part of her life.....she will most likely qualify for in state tuition. She says she wants to try one semester away w/o baby. When I type it out, it makes it seem sooo selfish of her. She is a very loving attentive mother...just not as willing as I thought she would be to make sacrifices. I feel bad saying anything about her on here, cuz so much is lost in translation. I am seriously thinking of having her re-evaluated by a psychiatrist. I think she is plenty functional, but I think she has to try a whole lot harder than most just to get through the day. And you know, of course it is difficult for me to see things clearly because she is my daugher, but I see a vast difference between in degrees of responsibility between oldest DD and my two younger DD's. I feel horrible saying this, but I feel I can trust even my 11 or 13 yo DD's to get something done than my 18 yo. I appreciate everyone's input on this, and I apologize for obsessing here. I will get this figured out yet. I did propose to DD today that maybe she should stay here for college and that DH and I would give her one weekend a month to go to Wisconsin without the baby. She said she woudl rather take the baby with her than do that. She just really wants to go there.

Ok, enough about me and my problems.....

I am so happy to see such great positive responses here this week. It is nice to have everyone back on board. I get such a positive vibe when everyone is working hard......so thank you, friends....let's all be losers this week
XOXO
P.S. thanks for all of your confidence ladies XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:17 PM   #117  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Hooray for Joni..........I need to try that whole exercise thingie. I wrote my last post around 7 p.m., but this site has been bad lately........it kept telling me the server was too busy. so anyway.....i didn't see Jillian's post, or yours.

First, let me say, Jillian.................hang in there girl

And, Joni........I plan to have DD pay for her college. I had to pay for mine, and DH had to pay for his......and being single for a long time with kids in college, you can imagine the debt I incurred, and DH went to Milwaukee School of Engineering.......private school.....big bucks. So, we cannot really pay for DD's college right now......we are still paying for ours for a little longer, and, we have a big family on one income. Of course, if we can help out without going broke...we will, but I like your advice.........it really helps with the guilt. Plus..........I think if a kid can pay for their own semester or two and do really well.....then it is a good time to kick in the help. Somehow, classes had a lot of value to me when I had to write the checks for them

Ok, have to watch some T.V. now........DH is waiting
XOXO
P.S. I am so excited for WI tomorrow
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:25 PM   #118  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyMadchen View Post
KimberlyR- do you mind sharing some of your menus from the last week? I don't know where to start with WW...it is obviously working for you!
Okay this is going to be a lot!

First of all I buy a bunch of veggies, salad mixes and fruit. Our local grocery store has the Smart Ones dinners that have WW points on it on sale for $2 each so I buy a bunch of those and have them for either dinner or supper with a big salad. I also bought some of the smart ones desserts (They're great!!!) But when I'm not eating frozen dinners I have (1 or 2) eggs for breakfast usually with a bowl of high fiber cereal, wheat bread toasted, or oatmeal. I drink either milk or orange juice with breakfast. Then to snack on I bought yogurt and jello sugar free pudding cups. I also bought a bag of boneless skinless frozen chicken tenderloins. You can cook them straight out of the bag while they are still frozen or you can thaw them first. With the chicken I sometimes fix a chicken salad with grapes 2tbsp of light mayo and mustard. Or I refrigerate it after its cooked and put it in a salad. My favorite is to thaw about 4 ozs, sautee it in lemon juice with a little salt (sorry Dan!) and pepper, and garlic powder until it is fully cooked. Then I add some barbeque sauce. I put it on a sandwich with some mustard and pineapple slices for a hawaiian chicken sandwich! Sometimes I just eat the strips with FF ranch dressing for a snack.

With two kids I dont have time for much variety so thats about it. Im sure if you add some of your own ideas/recipes you can come up with endless possibilities!

Oh and as usual dont forget the water!!!

ETA: I forgot the progresso soups!! There are some varieties that have WW points posted on the label. Usually they are 0 or 1 point per serving. Not very filling for one serving so I usually eat the whole can and make a grilled cheese sandwich to go with it. There really arent as many limits with WW as there was with LA.

Last edited by bradleys mom; 01-08-2009 at 10:28 PM.
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:59 PM   #119  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Hi guys!

I think I might start a WW thread. I know that seems odd, but since LAWL is pretty much no longer, there may be more of you who are curious about WW and how it is going for the small group of us who are trying it out.

So far I've just been doing it online, but once I get my work schedule figured out I might try to make the meetings.

I had my very first hearing today! Well two actually---I have barely eaten anything-maybe I should get nervous more often...heehee

Nicole-just remember that everything happens for a reason and that everything will work out just the way it should. I cannot imagine how you managed to be a single mom and go to school, and I'm sure at the time it seemed like the hardest thing in the world---but look at your family now! You will make it through this.

Joni-wow!! I need to get 2 more miles in by tomorrow....you are kickin butt lady!! So motivated by you!

Hi Dawn, Tan, Dairy and Jillian!

Trying to get my dinner it since it's 8pm here....ooops!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:09 PM   #120  
Amy

Thanks Kimberly!

I just need to get started. I have a fear of the unknown, which is common, I know. I KNOW LAWL, but this is new and I am afraid of failing again. Congrats on your loss!

I also get WW magazine. Even if you're not on WW, it's a great magazine with great recipes. ALl the recipes also have nutrition info such as calories, fat, etc. besides the points. They are definitely LAWL-friendly. In this issue they have an 8 week exercise/walking schedule. It's amazing. They have two levels, beginner and (not) beginner. It is for 4 days a week and is really do-able. It basically starts out with 5 minute walk and 10 jumping jacks for the first week. (For beginner) The more advanced one which I am going to do is 30 minutes walking and 20 jumping jacks. Basically over the next 8 weeks it will get harder. But it's DO-ABLE! Between that, my ab-roller, and my Wii Fit with Jillian Michaels, I AM SET!

Nicole- I hate to say this, but I will jsut be blunt. Maybe it's time for you to put your foot down and tell her what is going to happen. From what it looks like you have been very fair with her, almost like a peer, and maybe it's best to be her parent. I grew up with what I thought were very strict parents. Now being older I see what messes other people areas a result of their upbringing. How is DD going to support herself and the baby away at school? She can't live in a dorm with a baby, so what is her plan? From what it sounds like, the baby is going to be the one who pays the price... I will keep you in my prayers. You definitely have your hands full.

Anyone Grey's Anatomy fans? I am really dissapointed anymore... it's not as great as it used to be. Ugh! Izzy sleeping with a ghost?? COME ON!

Have a good night guys! TGIF!!! (Well in 45 minutes!)
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote