Old 02-05-2009, 01:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/190/130

Height: 5'2

Wink A Diet / Excercise Plan I've sort of created...

I'm only one day old on this forum and one of the things I've learned is that everyone body's bodies are different and there's not one diet or excercise that is the best.

I've decided I'm going to start with the following plan - little bits I've picked up here and there.

Do let me know if anyone follows this or something similar - and how is it working for you? My ultimate goal is to lose 60 pounds and I hope to achieve 50% of that goal by October this year!~

Mondays through Fridays - I usually wake up at 8 a.m. and have to be at work by 9:30 (it takes only 15 mins for me to get to work though) however it takes me forever to get ready so I rarely have time to make breakfast. I am very poor about eating breakfast in the morning but I will make it a point to this time. I hear high fiber foods are good to have because they give you energy and it's also a good source of weight loss right? I will opt for a banana in the morning and a glass of orange juice.

Whilst in the office - I will have a cup of coffee (sugar and non-dairy cream) - sorry can't live without my coffee!

To stay hydrated in the office I will drink 6 - 8 glasses of water daily.

I like to snack - so any ideas what I can snack on throughout the day? I plan to have late lunches at say 3-4 p.m. - so it will last me till dinner time because I don't plan to have dinner - maybe a cup of soup if anything. (No food after 8 p.m.!) There's a Subway Sandwich shop where I work so I can get sandwiches for lunch...and alternate it and treat myself once in a while to something nice as well.

As for excercise, I usually speed walk on my treadmill while watching TV at night and I do that for 45 mins - 1 hour x 3 times a week. I am taking a kick boxing class now - that happens once a week (1 hr +) - it's not Taebo but the actual bag kicking and punching on bags type class. Also, I'll try and go for a swim once for 30-45 mins maybe once or twice a week (over the weekend most probably)

So do you think, based on my above "plan" - I can reach my goal in due time?

I know there are several things I need to factor in - such as the foods I've eaten - but I will need to do more research on this. I absolutely love meat! and Fish!
goldlion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:26 AM   #2  
NEVER EVER going back

S/C/G: 377/240's/150

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

So you are planning on a banana for breakfast.
Soup for dinner.
Sandwich for lunch.

I would be very very hungry. lol!

You need to make sure that you are eating a proper amount of calories per day to make sure that you are providing your body with adequate nourishment so it will let go of the excess weight. So your snacks sound like they'll be more mini-meals than snacks and probably at least 300 calories a piece.

I think that you know what your body needs and if you make sure to nourish it, get in your exercise and water and stick to your plan, you could expect to lose weight. 60 lbs in 7 months is about 2 lbs a week. I think you could expect to lose that at first but it may slow down the closer you get to goal. I don't know if you will do 60 in that time but I dare say you'd make a huge dent in that number!

Good luck!!!
cfmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:36 AM   #3  

Thanks CFMama for your input. I probably would get very hungry but ever since I've been taking Reductil (nearly 1 month) - I get full faster. I still however find myself looking for snacks to eat at night - I don't know if it's out of habit or maybe because I get hungry from not eating so much in the day. Any good remedies for a rumbling stomach when I'm trying to get to sleep at night?
Old 02-05-2009, 12:45 PM   #4  

Eat something.
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:59 PM   #5  
Working my way back

S/C/G: 185/150

Height: 5'5

i was going to say the same thing-- EAT!! haha

maybe instead of just a banana for breakfast you could have a banana, and yougurt with 1/2 C fiber one cereal mixed in i LOVE this and it's really filling! that would put you around 240 for breakfast

then lunch the sanwich would be fine- for a turkey 6in i think is around 300 then maybe another piece of fruit...

snack on thing like veggies, nuts, fruits, protiens like string cheese or hard boiled eggs...

and for dinner maybe you could up that soup with some shredded chicken and add a side of veggies or a salad...

all in all... EAT!!! you gotta eat to lose weight... but the exercise sounds awesome!!
corazonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 06:40 PM   #6  
Starting to Get It!

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldlion View Post
Thanks CFMama for your input. I probably would get very hungry but ever since I've been taking Reductil (nearly 1 month) - I get full faster. I still however find myself looking for snacks to eat at night - I don't know if it's out of habit or maybe because I get hungry from not eating so much in the day. Any good remedies for a rumbling stomach when I'm trying to get to sleep at night?
You definitely need to make sure you are eating enough calories, you don't want to over do it then "give in" to eating because you are starving your self.

I have been following a great plan, right now I am not doing too much strength training but I am walking a lot. I would recommend for night eating something with fat and protein. That is what I have been doing and it really helps to stay full.

(my favorite from my plan is peanut butter and 2%cottage cheese)
AmberE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:49 PM   #7  

After trawling some more on this forum - saw the 'eat every 3 hours' scheme some people are doing. This sounds like a good plan -that way you're always full, always have energy - and apparently the lbs drop right off! But I'm sticking to my excercise plan :-)

It's always hard to find a plan that works for you :-( But you'll never know it works for you unless you try.
Old 02-06-2009, 06:13 PM   #8  
Starting to Get It!

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldlion View Post
After trawling some more on this forum - saw the 'eat every 3 hours' scheme some people are doing. This sounds like a good plan -that way you're always full, always have energy - and apparently the lbs drop right off! But I'm sticking to my excercise plan :-)

It's always hard to find a plan that works for you :-( But you'll never know it works for you unless you try.
Good luck! From what I have learned, just make sure you are in a deficit and you will be fine
AmberE is offline   Reply With Quote