Anyone doing.......

• anyone doing the atkins diet? I was on it a few years ago with great results, lost 60 lbs. I gained it all back with my last child and I am leaning towards atkins again. It seems to be easy to follow and fast to loose the pounds. any advice?
  • I did Atkins, LOVED the results, lost lots of weight but reverted back to old habits so it didnt last. Now that I am working on losing weight, I still using some of the principles I learned but I just cant do the induction phase and feed 3kids and hubby at the same time. I am now refusing to tell myself that I cant eat a certain food (too rebellious for that) I just make a decision per meal, read labels, eat as many whole natural foods as possible. I have chosen to live and eat healthy, no longer do it for the number on the scale and not interested in rapid weight loss. As much as I love rapid weight loss tactics, I just rebound from them and its not worth it anymore. I did get away from white pastas and bread with the help of Atkins and began to eat more types of veggies. I never touched a salad in my life till Atkins. one thing about low carb diets, for some reason every time you re start, its a little harder to lose weight than the last time.

I wish you success in your weight loss efforts
  • There's an entire board here dedicated to the Atkins diet.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=117

• Great info. Thanks! I will check out the board!
  • I did Atkins and was successful but found it too restricting and switched to Calorie Counting.
  • I did Atkins in the past and did lose a lot of weight but once I started eating carbs again I gained all the weight back and then some.
  • Ya, I had the same problem, gaining it back. I hope that won't happen again! I think I NEED the restrictiveness (sp?) of atkins though, I do best that way
  • How old is your little one? I'm enjoying the WW's nursing moms program.
  • i HATED atkins! My body really doesn't react well to being restricted to an almost all protein diet. It needs a bit of a balance between the two. To be honest, I would probably crave a slice a bread before I would crave a chicken wing. I almost never crave meat or anything like that so that diet definitely wasn't for me.

My other sister were able to manage for a few days longer then I did because they happen to not eat as many carbs as I do and tend to crave meat. I guess it just depends on the person
  • Quote: I did Atkins in the past and did lose a lot of weight but once I started eating carbs again I gained all the weight back and then some.
    same as me. Now I know I don't do well with anything restrictive, and am having good results with calorie counting.
  • I did Atkins for a couple years. I was tiny but I developed a few health issues.... (my hair fell out and my blood sugar stayed dangerously low)... My mother does it and it still seems to be helping her greatly... everyone's body is so different...Good luck