Flat Belly Dieters - I'm new and need some help.

• So I bought the Flat Belly Diet book in a last effort to try something else to flatten my tummy! I only have a few pounds to go but I am just hopin' that this might work.

I started reading the book and have skimmed ahead a bit and I see that one of the rules is never to go 4 hours without eating. My question is: HOW??????

I am a full-time college student with 9 classes and 5 labs in my schedule (not by choice! That's the program for optometry) and on most days I don't even have a break for 5 or 6 hours. And then my afternoons usually are filled with labs (sometimes for 4+ hours) where we are NOT allowed to have any sort of food or drink.

I know that there are on-the-go snacks listed in the book but I do NOT want to live off Luna bars for the next semester.

It doesn't even work in the morning. Class starts at 8:00 and I am not done until noon. I have to leave the house at about 7:30 in the morning which means I don't get home for lunch until about 12:30. So right there that's a 7:00 breakfast with a 12:30-1:00 lunch.

So how do you guys do it????? How much "wiggle room" do I have with the 4 hours? Am I going to mess things up if I don't eat for 5 or 6 hours sometimes?
  • Hi! Well my friend is having great success on this, like you she did not have much weight to lose, under 10 pounds but she's just about lost it!

Like you she also has NO time.

She is a professional therapist who works in people's homes so is in the go all day. Basically you eat little snacks throughout the day that are easy to fit into your breaks.

Stuff like seeds, nuts, chocolate (???) and fruit. So, pretty easy and portable. She just packs a little bag of stuff in the morning and that's it!

I've had some success just counting calories but my friend looks so great and the food on this diet and the food really appeals to me (I love avocados, sunflower seeds, olive oil and other "good" fats!)