Old 12-15-2008, 08:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Default Losers and Friends December 15-21

Up and At 'Em people!

Lets all fit in one more solid week before christmas week hits.
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

..... and by the way.

went shopping yesterday. I decided I was going to buy those size 10 jeans to hang in my closet, to encourage me to hit it hard til we leave to see our friends on the 26th. So I go and try them on...... THEY FIT!!!!! yippie. they are snug but not uncomfortable. I didn't have the guts to try on an 8. Which I know they would be either unbearably tight or unfastenable. but that is what I expected the 10s to be and here I was wearing them all afternoon yesterday. so maybe I will start the new year in 8s. in either Jan or Feb. YAY YAY YAY!!!

It is amazing me though, that not that many people are really saying much. Either they are not noticing, or are afraid to say something. I mean come on, they have to have noticed. I was an 18 in Sept. and now a 10! Isn't that noticable???? I wish I had pictures from Sat night. Our church choir performed at a local Mormon church and I dressed to the hilt! had a very smart and skinny looking all black outfit on and since I was going to be up front in the lights and it was a evening, dressy affair, .. did the make up in high glamor as well. I thought I looked pretty darn good.

K enough horn tooting. Come on everyone, focus this week, I want you all to join me in the 10s and 8s for the new year.
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 10:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Letty - I was going to tell you to just try the 10's last week, but by the time I finished reading I forgot... sorry I've been losing pretty slowly, but my sizes keep changing, I wore a size 6 pair of pants the other day that fit fine last month and are now all saggy! You have done an amazing job - don't let our lack of recognition get you down!

So... tomorrow's my birthday, I woke up today and put on a nice outfit for work and my first thought was "OH MY GOD... I'm going to be 38 tomorrow! But I feel better than I did when I turned 30 "

I started my Christmas shopping this weekend, bought 12 boxes for my cookie of the month gift for my dad - so now I have to follow through or I will have wasted 12 bucks on boxes! I had intended on getting the kids one of those 3 in 1 game tables with air hockey, ping pong, and pool... but then my DH decided that we need an olympic regulation size air hockey table that costs 3 times as much as the one I picked and will take up twice the space... gotta love him - he wants the best for our kids. I'm just glad that I was able to finish most of my shopping in one day! And the most amazing thing was that there was no line at Toys R Us! TWICE!

And then, my DH actually took the kids to get a Christmas Tree! I'm usually the one doing all that by myself... so glad he's in the Christmas spirit.

Hope everyone else is feeling the holiday spirit as well!
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 10:59 AM   #4  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Good job Lettie!! How exciting. I love to hear how you are glamming out and looking and feeling your best. There is nothing better than that!

I am going to join you soon. I have been doing some soul searching about my weight, and the message that I keep getting from my intuition is that my weight problem is all about protection. Physical protection, but also because of the work that I do in my clinic. I have to rely on my intuition, and I have to be able to trust myself enough to say things that are a little scary to say. Mainly, I guess, because it sucks to be wrong. That really hardly happens, but it is crappy when it does. So anyways, it seems that I have been insulating myself for safety's sake. Now, I just have to figure out how to stop doing that. Sorry, I know this seems really weird....
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:15 AM   #5  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

good morning everyone. DD's school was 2hrs late today due to the extremely frigid temperatures. the high is -5 and with the windchill it was about -36 this morning. in some spots farther north it was -56 and no school at all because of the wind chill warnings. it's freakin' ridiculous outside! plus with all the snow north of where we are, it's been blizzard conditions all weekend long. ugh. and it's not even officially winter yet! ha.
so at least i got a few extra hours with DD this morning before sending her off to school. i would've rather had her home all day, but not much i can do about that. (guess i could've kept her home, but former DH frowns upon her missing any school!)

so for those of you who haven't looked at last weeks thread at the last page..i did have my ultrasound on friday and the baby is growing great and healthy and weighs about 13oz right now and doing well! we also caved and found out that we're expecting a GIRL! and here this whole time DH and i have thought it was a boy. so it was a bit of a surprise and it's still a bit odd to say "she or her" instead of "he or him." we're excited! DH was in awe of the whole ultrasound process and i think he had his mouth hung open the whole time and tears in his eyes. it was amazing.

so yeah..that's my exciting news for the time being. now on to picking the perfect name for our little girl! i don't think we're going to stick with the J name theme, since this is a different child with a different daddy. plus i only really love the two J names that we've already used for DD and DS. so we'll see.

hope everyone has a good start to the week and stay warm!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:20 AM   #6  
WonderWoman

i put a picture of the baby in my profile, if you missed it on last weeks thread too!
Old 12-15-2008, 12:01 PM   #7  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations Jillian!

I've been without power since Thursday night, thanks to the big ice storm up here. Ugh. We were going to stay in the house, but DH got called in to the emergency management office and I ended up going to SIL's house, mostly out of sheer boredom. DH was gone most of the weekend, and I got nothing done Christmas-wise. That led to a total emotional meltdown for me yesterday when we went to the house (which was at 40degrees) and I saw the undecorated tree, no presents, fridge and freezer contents ruined, and the utility company saying that we would have power by THURSDAY. I lost it. DH did his best to talk me off the ledge, but he was exhausted and frustrated too. Ugh. Luckily our power came back on at some point last night, so I can get back to normal. Food this weekend? I think I ate, but I have no idea what. I did, however, drink yesterday.

I have another trainer appointment today, I have power now, so I don't have any excuses.

Gotta go!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 12:15 PM   #8  
Amy

Morning guys!

Lettie- CONGRATS! I am so jealous! It's so motivating though! I remember getting into 12s and thought it was teh most amazing thing in the world. If only I could do that again!

Jillian- CONGRATS again! Pete must be on cloud 9!!!

It is a very warm 64 here in Jersey! This weather is a mess! It was 20 last Monday, and now look. UGH! You don't know what to wear. I go out to walk in a sweatshirt and pants and end up sweating.

Katie- I too have been thinking more about my weight. I am 20 lbs heavier than my heaviest, and yet can't seem to get started losing. I was POP for 2 weeks and didn't lose. Well, I lost 3 lbs at the end of 2 weeks that came right back the next day. I get really upset about it, yet not to the point of doing anything.

Last night was our choir contata for the church which I had to dress up for. I actually play piano/organ for the church, so I was totally in the spotlight. As I was getting ready I was just pissy and uncomfortable. This weight is the cause! I dress up, curl my hair, etc. with new clothes and still do not feel attractive at all! All I feel comfortable in is sweats and a tshirt!

I realized I am not going to be able to lose this time without exercising. I HATE it. Last time I was working full time in retail management, so I was all over the place, working crazy hours. Now I am a full time student and don't work, so I am more sedentary. I need to accept that fact and exercise more.

Any ideas to make it fun?? I know I am not the only one who hates it!!!!!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 12:40 PM   #9  
WonderWoman

amy--get an mp3 player if you don't already have one! that's what makes (or shall i say made, since i haven't worked out yet this pregnancy! shhhh! don't tell!) me wanna workout! i actually miss it. but i just don't have the motivation to get on my elliptical after a hectic day of being 5 months pregnant with a very rowdy 3yr old little boy. it's hard. i'm a bit upset with myself for not working out at all since i got pregnant, but i figured that i'm gonna have no choice but to workout after it's all done and over with...so i'm telling myself and rationalizing with myself that this is my one and final break from it all. ha. oh well. april will come soon enough and then 6wks post-baby, i'll be back POP and exercising. (sorry for my long rant there!)

kim--sorry about your crappy weekend. i hope it gets better for you. good luck with your trainer. i'm still jealous that you have one!

thanks for all the congrats everyone! DH and i are still both very giddy from the whole ultrasound experience on friday! it just makes it all that much more real and now that we know it's a girl and we got to see her and have a few pictures, DH told me he feel much more connected to the baby now. i love it. and soon enough he'll be able to feel her kicking. he keeps trying every spare second we're with each other, but she stops when he puts his hand on my tummy and then starts back up after! it's that and the kicks/punches aren't strong enough yet for him to feel them..even though they sure are to me.

ok..nap time for DS and maybe me too!
Old 12-15-2008, 01:45 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Jillian, It is so sweet that your oldest DD is so happy to have a sister. I'm sure your littlest DD will soon have daddy totally wrapped around her little finger.

Lettie, I did tell you that it didn't take near as many pounds to fit into the 10's as it had the 12's. Lose another 10 and you will likely be squeezing into the 8's.... I'm sure you looked great for your concert.

Kim, I feel your holiday stress.... I've really been trying to take a few calming breaths and find the joy in the season instead of the stress.... OK not totally successfully, but I'm trying. For me it seems that the holiday plans we had 2 weeks ago are not going to come to pass anyway. My sister who recently lost her daughter has her best friend of 30 years currently dying of breast cancer, so she refuses to leave her side at this time. My mom was going to come up but it snowed 4 inches here yesterday and is not supposed to go above freezing for the rest of the week with more snow forcast, and I just don't think she'll risk the long drive up here either... So I'm suddenly a bit sad, but less stressed... We'll get together some other time.... as the love is still there even if the holiday events are greatly scaled down this year.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:40 PM   #11  
sscott

Hello! You guys probably don't remember me, I have been gone for almost a year growing a baby :-) I am done now and have another beautiful daughter. I finally got the nerve up today to go back to the center. I really don't want to start at this again, but know that I really need it! So, here we go...
Old 12-15-2008, 02:53 PM   #12  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi Stacy, I remember you!! Congrats on the baby, and welcome back!

Babara- OMG, your poor sister. She is really having a bad year. Sorry your plans are going to ****. Hopefully something good comes out of it.

Kim- Oh, sorry your weekend was so rotten. I was wondering about you when I saw the power outages on the news. Glad it is back on now!

Amy- I hear you on being pissy and frustrated with trying to get fixed up. I am in the exact same boat right now.

Jillian-We got pounded with snow over the weekend, and now bitter cold. Try to stay warm!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 03:34 PM   #13  
LAWL Salt Police

Hey all..

Welcome back Stacy! Of course we remember you!

Cold and dreary here today and our office closed early because of the snow.. So now I'm sitting here working on the couch.. Well, mostly working! But I'm not snacking, so that's a good thing!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 05:25 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Dan, We all know that there is no junk to eat at your place anyway, so go ahead and snack on some fruit or veggies.

Amy, People who exercise can eat more and still lose weight. Exercise helps alleviates depression. You will be smaller and firmer. It will give your body a nicer shape. People who exercise tend to keep the weight off better than those who don't. It feels so good when you stop... but start slow and find something you like to do. Or even better yet, find something you and your new hubby can do together.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 07:58 PM   #15  
Amy

Hey guys!

I can't believe all this talks of snow! It's crazy! It was 70 here today. WOW. I wish it was cold here, I LOVE cold. When we move to VA I will definitely miss the cold.

Barbara- thanks for your encouragement. I have the originaly walking tape that LA gave me when I joined that I like. I did it before until it didn't phase me anymore. I am sure as easy as it is, it would be a work-out now!

Stacy- welcome back! You have such a beautiful family!

Well, off to decorate the tree and watch the Eagles game with my younger brother!

Have a great night!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote