Old 12-19-2008, 09:52 AM   #61  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies and gent This is my kids' last day of school before they are off for two weeks. Heaven help us all. .

It seems the puppy will be called Fluffy. that is what we all keep coming back to.........it is not my fav....but it will do

Erin.....if I lived near you, I would give you a ride. Isn't there anyway you can get there ? You can surely go next week or whenever, and it will all be fine.......but if you can find a way, go for it. You won't regret it

Ok, let's all have a geat day. I just love Peggy's quote........
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:10 AM   #62  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Nicole- Last day for my kids too. Uggghhh! At least my daycare is actually going to be really quiet for the next couple of weeks. I only have 5 kids today, and next week I will be even slower. Nice! Maybe I can get some gifts wrapped. I still need to finish making a few things too.

Erin- So sorry about your car. I hope things look up today!

Joni- That is my nephew Jack. Let me know if you like that book, I may have to order it too.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:16 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Nicole - I like the name Penelope, I don't know why it just looks like it fits...
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:17 AM   #64  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hello everyone. i'm doing nothing today but relaxing and being lazy. although i did shower, so maybe not so lazy. ha. i haven't even made coffee today, that's how lazy i'm being.
so...we're still debating with names. dh and i have narrowed it down to our top 5..and i really love them all. i think i'm gonna find a website and make a poll..so everyone can look at it and say yay or ney to the ones they like.

oh and it's snowing here again and it's gonna be blizzard-like again tomorrow. and i have errands to run today and i'm not doing them..and i should, because tomorrow is going to be so crappy. but oh well.

ok. i'll be back later!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:31 AM   #65  
WonderWoman

here's a poll i made..hope the link works.

http://www.babyzone.com/babynames/bn...?pollid=130310
Old 12-19-2008, 10:32 AM   #66  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Morning friends!

Erin-breathe! I cannot imagine how frustrated you must feel. Those mechanics sound like a-holes. They should have been concerned about you and concerned about the work they did. Anywhere you can compain about them? You will find a way to make another intake appt. You can do this!

Nicole-Fluffy! I think it's cute. If you're anything like me, you'll have a thousand other names for the dog by the end of the year. I call my dog everything but his name most days! I hope you survive with the kiddies off school!

Peggy-I love your quote too! It really hits home. I'm amazed by your progress.

Jillian-oh pleaseplease share your top names! I LOVE hearing people's favorites. I love your other kids' names so I can't wait to hear what you come up with. Enjoy your lazy day!!

Katie-5 kids is a slow day!? Goodness, I don't know how you do it. I hope you do get some extra time to yourself.

Joni! So good to see your post. Let us know about that book.

Amy Jersey-I don't think any of us found your pics? I couldn't find a place to put in the event name. Let us know!

Hi Julie, Kristin!

My scale was the same this morning. I've been pretty good this week, but not POP all the way until yesterday. Tonight I'm babysitting DF's little niece. She is almost three and as cute as can be. I think we're going to make cookies tonight (for my office). So I'm hoping I have the strength to resist! I'm allowing myself 2 cookies just bc I know I wont be able to have zero. I think 2 is generous, so hopefully I will stick to that!

Yesterday I felt overwhelmed with work, the holidays, and focusing on eating better. I felt as though I could not manage to give my all to everything. So I decided to make myself mini goals for each thing. My mini goals for my "diet" were to get in 12 glasses of water (I usually get 10), make better veggies choices (usually just do lettuce all day) and logging ALL of my food, including my after dinner snack. Guess what? I did it and I totally felt in control.

Today my three mini goals are:

1. To only eat 2 cookies while baking this evening
2. To eat a wholesome, fiber filled lunch (no going out with co workers)
3. Move more at the office.

let's have a great weekend!

I hope that everyone has a great, great Friday!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:33 AM   #67  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Jillian-I just voted!! I actually love 2 of the names. So maybe I'll vote again....

Hi Barbara-you are slacking on exercise!?! Please say it isn't so. You have a reputation to live up to-get back to it!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:40 AM   #68  
WonderWoman

amy--that's the name everyone keeps selecting as their fave! even my DD, Julia loves it!
btw--a tip for baking cookies--chew some gum or brush your teeth right before you start baking. it's a good way not to eat them or take tastes of the dough!
Old 12-19-2008, 11:03 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Jillian - I like Penelope - just kidding! I just posted this awhile ago as an idea for nicole's puppy I'll put my vote in on your poll.
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 11:14 AM   #70  
WonderWoman

funny enough, Julie--we did have penelope on our original list!
Old 12-19-2008, 11:42 AM   #71  
Post-Master

I love penelope
Old 12-19-2008, 01:01 PM   #72  
Almost To Goal

S/C/G: 210/210/170

Height: 5' 8.5"

Nicole...as someone who owns an 18 lb. cat named "Mowse" I think Fluffy is a grand name!

Jillian...I voted too...love Lucy!
Sige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 02:04 PM   #73  
Post-Master

Peggy.... we talked about naming her "kitty," cuz she is soft like a kitten and she prances around like a cat too.....:
Old 12-19-2008, 02:52 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Amylou, I did get up and get a little exercise today. I'd not done anything really since Saturday and that is a major lapse for me. If I only do it when there is snow on the ground here, I should be OK, as we normally get one day a year, and not this long week of snowy weather. It has just thrown my whole schedule off, as my DH has been taking me to work, so I leave earlier, which kind of throws my whole day off. My DD has been home on and off, although one can not pin her down since she has places to be and people to see, so that has been a source of stress and worry, as she has had to walk long distances to the bus, and she does need to get home every once in awhile to feed her bunny, pancakes. She slipped and fell on the icy hill outside of her condo, and I felt bad, but my DH is just angry... so anyway, it has not been a fun week of snowy weather for us, but a week of frustrating times. Oh well... I do have an elliptical trainer in my basement so my can't get to the gym excuse is lame. Also I've got plenty of workout DVDs that I could use... only it has been so tense driving home in the ice that my stomach aches when I get home and I just have to detox from all the stress.
I just am working from home today, as I just couldn't handle another scary ride down our hill in the ice. I know exercise is an anti-stress thing, but it is still something that I don't naturally gravitate towards.... I always feel good after I do it though. I need to start do things other than my spin class.

Nicole, Nothing wrong with the name Fluffy.

Erin, I hope today is a better day for you.

Jillian, my sister is a substitute teacher and she was in a class of 8th graders and she was taking role, and there was a girl named Regina, only my sister had just been up to Canada and they have a town up there that is pronounced in the female body part rhyming way, so my sister inadvertantly called the girl Regina, and the boys in the class could not get over it and I fear the girl may be scarred for life over the way the boys acted. My sister felt soo bad. So perhaps not Regina.... you live too close to Canada for that.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 03:50 PM   #75  
Amy

Hey guys!

Sorry about the link… here it is: www.efotolab.com. Then type Beach into Event Name on Left…

Joni- I read that book, such a pretty fat. It's pretty funny. An amusing read!

Jillian- I just voted… so cute!

Amylou- good thinking with the mini-goals. Sometimes looking at a number of pounds to lose such as 65 can be so overwhelming along with just life period! I may steal your idea…
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote