Old 12-03-2008, 05:44 PM   #1  
zay

Default A new plan for me? Advice please....

Hello there. I'm am looking for a diet plan. I would like it to be a healthy low carbish plan with no more than 1000 calories and about 80-100 carbs. Looking for a guideline. Something simple. Any suggestions?
zay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 05:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Under 1000 calories? You'll be in starvation mode, and your body will shut down. You won't actually lose any weight that way. I would recommend searching for your basal metabolic rate to help estimate your best calorie count, or at the very least staying above 1200.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

If you go below 1200 calories you will be robbing yourself of necessary nutrients.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 07:12 PM   #4  

I'd recommend Medifast, which meets your requirements, but modify it (what I do) to make it less... oppresive! Instead of the 5 Medifast items/one lean-and-green meal per day recommended, I do 3 Medifasts, two kind of lean-and-green (I include spaghetti sauce, low-carb pasta, etc, as long as I keep my total daily carbs under 100 and calories in the 1000-1200 range), and every day a little dark chocolate. I am rarely hungry, never tempted to cheat (really, and I was a total cheater on every other plan), and have dropped from 201 to 178 in... exactly 2 months today. It's worked for me!
konekel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 07:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

I suspect you're not going to find anyone here who will recommend a diet plan that is under 1000 calories unless it's a medically supervised one.

I would suggest reading a lot of the many wonderful threads on this board about nutrition as well as looking in the various areas for information on the specific plans.

Are you the type of person who wants a plan that tells you what you can and can't eat? Or do you need more freedom to choose your own foods? What do you normally eat? Do you exercise at all? How many pounds are you wanting to lose?

Give us more information and we'll be happy to help guide you to a HEALTHY plan.

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:49 PM   #6  
zay

Thanks for your input. I am actually looking for an all food plan. I have had great results with Medifast in the past but don't want to have to buy it.
I like your idea of 2 meals. I think I could actually stick to it longer with 2 meals. Still looking for a simple exchange type diet with low carbs and cals like I mentioned.
zay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 02:09 PM   #7  

Really unhealthy. You'll do much better with a reasonable diet that doesn't eliminate healthy foods.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote