Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 03:43 PM   #121  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

I won't move my ticker until the end/beginning of the month. Like you LIZ, I bounce around so much and so rapidly I take nothing for granted. Guess it all boils down to my hatred of ever having to move it b ack up again.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:38 AM   #122  

Height: 6"1"

I have tried most of the recipes that interest me in the Volumetrics book. Is there another source - maybe a website - where I can find more recipes? I guess I can modify some of my favs with the principles in the book. But it’s just so much easier having all the info in front of you.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:49 AM   #123  
Onward and Downward

I don't think so . . . do you have both of the books?
Old 03-17-2009, 12:47 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 156/151/140

Height: 5'1"

Hi, didn't realize there was a Volumetrics thread....meowee, good to see you here. Firm believer in the process behind the book, and look forward to checking in here. I must make at least a gazillion soups during the winter to help with my weight control and loss....

Susan
Old 03-18-2009, 09:41 AM   #125  
Onward and Downward

Hi all and a special HI for you SUSAN . . . this thread has it's really active times and it's pretty quiet ones -- this seems to be a quiet one right now.

I love this philosophy but I fear an awful lot of our 3FC members seem to prefer the more detailed and wildly popular types of plans.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:37 AM   #126  
Liz

S/C/G: 229/185/150

Height: 5'6"

I think the problem is that this plan is slow and steady, without the quick weight loss that everyone seems to want. I've been there, done that, and am now realizing that a slow and sensible weight loss plan is a better choice. I also realize that the choices I make every day determine how quickly I will lose weight, and lately I haven't been making the best choices. With spring and better weather coming, I'm determined to get things going again and MAKE progress happen, not just wait for it!
Old 03-18-2009, 10:48 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 156/151/140

Height: 5'1"

I am with you ArtCat, I've tried it the quick way and always lose my umph...this time between the Beck Way of Eating and the philosophy behind Volumetrics, I'm feeling it's much more doable. Was up too early this am, did some cleaning and exercising, then went back to sleep until 9...woke to a nice phone call from my daughter and grandson telling me about 'raffes' and ''fants' at the zoo (he's 18 months). Such a nice way to wake. Got out of bed, planned my eating for the day, my exercise, played scrabble on line with some far off friends and am now going to hop to it.

have a good day!
Old 03-19-2009, 09:04 AM   #128  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

I do know it's morning even though I'm not all too sure of the date. For some strange reason I've been thinking that tomorrow, the first official day of Spring, was the 22nd Now that I've figured out that this is only the 19th, it's almost like getting an extra 2 days this month.

Have a great Thursday, gang . . .
Old 03-19-2009, 09:50 AM   #129  
Liz

S/C/G: 229/185/150

Height: 5'6"

Here's a link to a chart with the high/low pesticide use on veggies. I thought it might be important to us because of how many veggies we eat. I was bummed to see that some things I eat every day (like carrots) are high on the list. I usually can't afford to buy organic, but maybe I need to rethink that with some items. It seems like it's never just easy, you know?
http://www.foodnews.org/fulllist.php
Old 03-20-2009, 09:20 AM   #130  
Onward and Downward

Hi there . . . officially this is the first day of SPRING . . . and here's a link to our new start for this glorious season . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167278 . . . see you over there, gang.
Closed Thread