Old 11-27-2008, 07:54 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7

Default Got any weight loss tips? Here's a couple that work for me

Hi everyone,

First, on this Thanksgiving morning, I was want to say thank-you to whoever are the original three fat chicks...what you created here is marvelous! And thank you to all the psoters here for sharing the joys and struggles of this weight loss and healthy livin' process.

Secondly I want to start a thread about weight loss tips....those little things, thoughts and actions, you discovered along the way that really help.

For instance......

I found TEA....no wonder the English have tea-time. It's a no-cal treat! I actually found a green tea from Lipton with madarin orange pieces that is awesome....and full of anti-oxidants. It is such a healthy pleasure!

I also bought a box of Bazooka Joe bubble-gum and put a bunch of pieces in my fruit bowl.....I am a "night-eater" and this has really helped.....sometimes, I just enjoy the burst of sweetness and chewing....and oh, the bubble-making and popping....it gives my mouth something to do (can anyone say oral fixation?LOL)

I always stop and read the comic and fortune....it helps distract my brain from anything else she was thinking! That's why I bought Bazooka JOe!

Last night, I was having a bad day....as I said I am a night-eater and I was feeling so tempted, especially since we have goodies in the house for today.....I wanted the lovely serotin surge that comes from over-eating carbs...but instead, I took a hot relaxing bath! It worked, it really did....another no-calorie pleasure that helped me to relax....deeply.

Just wanted to share.......and to ask for other no (or few) calorie healthy pleasures!

best wishes,
thinkerbell
thinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 08:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Go to 3FC main page and read About 3FC this tells you about the 3 sisters who started 3FC. Hint they post in these forums.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 08:40 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7

Never knew there was a main page! thanks for the tip!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/

thinkerbell
thinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 08:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Scroll down to About 3FC. The main page is full of useful information.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 11:28 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

tinkerbell, I think it's great to figure out what tips are helping you the most and put in into black-and-white. And then make concrete plans to include them. Way to go.

DisgruntledOne
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:22 PM   #6  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledOne View Post
Apparently buying a brand new car will help you get a tad bit more exercise in. For the first time in my life I bought a brand new car..great huh...except when you need to go shopping! I have no intentions on getting a ding on my new car for quite a while. As a result where I have to park to get away from other cars, especially when christmas shopping is in full affect, is only probably 50 miles from the door. ok maybe an exaggeration but sure does feel like it somedays!

Ha--I try to do this and everytime I come out to my car there's a car either parked right next to me or a shopping cart out there.

I'm beginning to think people do it on purpose
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote