3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Off topic, I need your quotes! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/157245-off-topic-i-need-your-quotes.html)

Repo girl 11-26-2008 12:56 PM

Off topic, I need your quotes!

Hi guys, I am working on a christmas gift for my kids, and could use some quotes. My kids love my Taro and divination cards, but they are way too advanced for kids. I decided to make them each their own set that is easy for kids to read, with quotes that will mean something to them, and pictures of them, their pets, and some of their favorites things and places. Some cards will say basic stuff like, "It is okay to be yourself, even if you are different from other people", and "Spend some time with someone special today", and "Take good care of Mother Earth, and she will take good care of you".

Any good motivational quotes or ideas for cards?

Sige 11-26-2008 01:28 PM

This is a great idea! How about...

Everything you need is already inside - just do it!

Once you choose hope, anything's possible!

The best dreams happen when you're awake!

If you can, help others; if you cannot do that, at least do not harm them.

Never waste a minute thinking of anyone you don't like.

The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.

Use what talents you possess; The woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best.

It’s not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters.

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

I may have gotten a little carried away...sorry!

Peggy

Repo girl 11-26-2008 01:34 PM

WOW! Thanks Peggy, fantastic!!

Dan2112 11-26-2008 01:51 PM

Failure isn't about falling down. Failure is staying down.

It's always too soon to quit.

Personality can open doors, but only character can keep them open.

You always pass failure on the way to success.

Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal.

2fat2bphat 11-26-2008 02:17 PM

If you think you can, you can...If you think you can't, you're right
- Mary Kay Ash

Love yourself first and everything else falls into line
- Lucille Ball

Whoever is happy will make others happy too
- Anne Frank

Beautiful Ace 11-26-2008 03:00 PM

"If you don't respect yourself, how can you expect others to respect you?"

“Winners are too busy to be sad, too positive to be doubtful, too optimistic to be fearful, and too determined to be defeated.”

"A Person Who Asks A Question Is A Fool For Five Minutes.
A Person Who Doesn't Is A Fool Forever !"

"Waiting for tomorrow, is a waste of today."

"Long journeys start with one small step."

"Be yourself, who else is better qualified."

"There's never a wrong time to do what's right."

"You can't learn if you don't make a mistake."

"There are no mistakes or failures, only lessons."

And just for laughs

"When your mother is mad and asks you, "Do I look stupid?" it's best not to answer her. " & "The older you get, the harder your parents try to keep you little." haha jk jk

whatazoo 11-28-2008 11:51 AM

I get The Brat Factor from Pam Young and these were some that I thought were appropriate for kids (AND adults!).

Everything you can imagine is real. Pablo Picasso

You have brains in your heads. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. Dr. Seuss

Treat yourself with love and respect and you will attract people who show you love and respect.

Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are.

"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible." Saint Francis of Assisi

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you've imagined. Henry David Thoreau

Laugh at yourself and at life, and nothing can touch you. Louise Hay You Can Heal your Life

nettie134 11-28-2008 04:21 PM

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

nettie134 11-28-2008 04:29 PM

Try to find what you like in someone, not what you dislike
The shortest way to do many things is to do only one thing at a time.
If your sister hits you, don't hit her back. Parents always catch the second person.

Repo girl 11-28-2008 08:49 PM

Wow, thanks everyone! I tons of good stuff from this thread.

jewljz 12-01-2008 10:47 AM

Katie - sorry I don' have any good quotes, but I love your idea! You should consider patenting and selling those cards!!!

Joni135 12-28-2008 06:03 PM

Katie - were you able to pull off this project and did the kids enjoy their cards?

All good quotes...Stephanie....I hadn't heard your Seuss quote before....lovd it: "You have brains in your heads. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. Dr. Seuss"

Repo girl 12-28-2008 09:43 PM

Joni- They turned out really well. The kids loved them. My clients at my clinic liked them so well that I am working on a more generic set to start selling.