Old 11-26-2008, 05:54 AM   #1  

Default Take off--maintaining the weight loss from it?

Each time I've done take off, I've had great results; but I haven't done so well maintaining the weight loss. It seems like it gradually creeps back on. What advice can you all offer about what you do for a week or so after doing take off? I just did it eating chicken, salad, and cantaloupe and had fabulous results. I'd really like to keep most of that weight I've lost off. Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Have a fabulous Thanksgiving! Make good choices! I'll be thinking of all of you when I make each choice (you're part of my motivation

Goal success
goalsuccess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 10:10 AM   #2  
LAWL Salt Police

Well, the whole point of doing a TO is to basically kick start your system to get it back on track.. The simple trick to maintaining any loss from TO is to eat light for the next couple of days after and make sure you get all your water in..

I believe that a good percentage of the weight lost from doing a TO is from water. So for the couple of days after, really monitor your salt intake and while I said "eat light" that does NOT mean skimp on your portions.. Make sure you get in the correct portions, but eat lighter foods.. No beef or pork and no heavy starches.. Green veggies more than others and lower sugar fruits...

It's been my experience that doing that for a couple days after a TO helps to maintain most, if not all your losses..

The other trick is not to do TO too often, or your body will get used to it..

Have a great holiday!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote