When can I start back???

• Hey ladies, and Dan! I am 6 weeks postpartum today! I am bfing. Is it too early to start back. I've been lurking but it is not the same as joining in the fun, lamenting the scales, etc. These days, I feel like I am constantly nursing but I am sure I am not eating enough. By the end of the day, when I think back to what I have eaten, I am having a hard time getting food in. I feel like if I at least knew what to eat, I wouldn't be soo lost.

Debbie-- are you still nursing and can you tell me what your plan is again? I wasn't doing lites and I went out on Purple without lites.

Can anyone else help if Debbie is not here? I need to know 1) when to "officially start" and 2) what plan should I follow. I know I don't do take off or fast forward. Any other tips would also be helpful, because I really think it is too early to diet!

Thanks.
  • Oh, look how adorable your kids are What did you name your baby girl? Your house must be rockin'!!!!

I, too, think it is too early to diet.........however, it is not too early to follow a plan in order to get enough food for you and baby. I would think red or red1 w/o lites would be a good basis. I can tell you....I nursed 5 kids, and I don't think I ever ate as healthy as the red plan. If anything, I would increase ther dairy and fat intakes on red. You really need your calcium during pregnancy and lactation. And, listen to your body.......if it is hungry, feed it........you know, in your spare time . That is the struggle when you have little ones around.....finding the time.

So, in all that spare time you have.........maybe you can post some new photos of the kids
    XOXO
  • Red 1 without lites and you can start whenever your milk is well established. This is per my COD when I nursed.
  • So, does anyone know the portions of Red 1 without lites? In the old program which "red" plan is that: Red Plus, Red plus plus. Confused with the new plans...
  • it is red plus, and the exchanges are:
    2.5 Proteins
    4 Veggies
    4 Fruits
    4 Starches
    2 Dairy
    1 Fat
    2 LA Lites
    3 Condiments
    1/4 Tsp. Morton Lite Salt
    64 oz Water
    Of course, you would eliminate the lites. Best of luck to you. Seems like a ton of food, doesn't it? And I believe the protein portions are 7 oz poultry and fish, 5 oz of beef.
    XOXO
  • Thanks, Nicole! I know that I am not eating anywhere near this amount of food! That is why I am "stuck"! Thanks!